PDA

View Full Version : Not to beat a dead horse, but...

OKC-SLC
4/10/2006, 10:27 PM
every time I see this play it makes me realize the injustice that TRRW didn't win the Heisman that year.

http://www.jimsoklahomasportspage.com/videos/theplay.mpg

Thanks to JOSP, of course.

The Consumate Showman
4/10/2006, 10:33 PM
Dude. You don't know how many freakin' chill bumps that gave me. Chris Sims sure does look a lot like UT's two QB's this year.....Reggie??????

OKC-SLC
4/10/2006, 10:40 PM
Dude. You don't know how many freakin' chill bumps that gave me. Chris Sims sure does look a lot like UT's two QB's this year.....Reggie??????
I liked his "I'm 9 years old and just got my lunch money stolen" look as he was walking off the field.

Edit: right after Musberger says "OU is gonna win it again" is when Sims is at his most sheepish.

bigdsooner
4/10/2006, 10:42 PM
it gets me all giddy everytime i see it. EVERY...TIME! :cool:

setem
4/10/2006, 10:54 PM
That is so so so sick! I love it! I remember reading something about how Venables or Mike told him not to leave his feet. Glad he didnt listen.

1991SOONER
4/10/2006, 11:49 PM
Ahhhhhhh.........memories.....

Big Red Ron
4/11/2006, 12:20 AM
Do these guy's ever lose a big game? Not today.I had forgotten about that comment.:texan:

NickZeppelin
4/11/2006, 12:53 AM
There were so many plays that year he made that were sick. He's gonna be looked upon as this generation's Lee Roy Selmon. Every game required Roy to have atleast 2 or 3 sick plays that junior year.

olevetonahill
4/11/2006, 01:06 AM
I liked his "I'm 9 years old and just got my lunch money stolen" look as he was walking off the field.

Edit: right after Musberger says "OU is gonna win it again" is when Sims is at his most sheepish.
chrissy actually looked like bsmf

SoonerStormchaser
4/11/2006, 04:46 PM
I'll beat a dead horse if it was the ghey ponies!

Oh yah...that play still makes me happy. Chrissy was crying cause he realized that he was OU's bitch at that point!

tbl
4/11/2006, 05:45 PM
That is so so so sick! I love it! I remember reading something about how Venables or Mike told him not to leave his feet. Glad he didnt listen.

I'm pretty sure it was Mike. Fortunately TRRW knows when to bring the appropriate amount of thunder.

KyleUT
4/12/2006, 08:16 PM
Brett Robin. :mad:

(not that there was really anything he could've done, but still... :mad: )

GDC
4/12/2006, 08:22 PM
That's why they need separate defensive and offensive Heismans.

okienole3
4/12/2006, 08:35 PM
That's why they need separate defensive and offensive Heismans.

Bednarik?

How about that Tech game? He dominated that game.

SCOUT
4/12/2006, 08:40 PM
I was sitting on the 30 yard line or so on the ut side of the field. It was pretty enthusiastic until that play.

After that play, it was like I was in a section by myself.

okienole3
4/13/2006, 08:39 AM
Zepp gave me spek. I don't know what to do! Should I return it? :)

Thanks Zepp.

CatfishSooner
4/13/2006, 04:31 PM
Brett Robin. :mad:

(not that there was really anything he could've done, but still... :mad: )

Why is this idiot green????Hook 'em

Beef
4/13/2006, 04:37 PM
I loved how they found room for the highlight of TFRW's touchdown catch at the end of that.

Tear Down This Wall
4/13/2006, 04:44 PM
Dude, I was way down near the other end zone when that play occurred. I've never been in such a jubilee afterward! Then TRRW makes the tackle on the ensuing kickoff. Then TRRW intercepts Simms on the first play from srimmage thereafter.

All Hail, The Real Roy Williams!

shavedmarmoset
4/13/2006, 04:48 PM
Dude, I was way down near the other end zone when that play occurred. I've never been in such a jubilee afterward! Then TRRW makes the tackle on the ensuing kickoff. Then TRRW intercepts Simms on the first play from srimmage thereafter.

I was in the opposite end zone too. That was my first OU/Texas game and I don't know if I could've picked a better one (2000 perhaps?)

I think if we had TRRW in 2002 that we would have won it all.

TopDawg
4/14/2006, 11:02 AM

I've heard that kickoff thing thousands of times and I don't know how it's become so widely accepted as truth. Lehman made the tackle on the ensuing kickoff.

I love to watch the Superman play on TV. On a bigger screen, it's fun to watch the texas fans' reactions.

NormanPride
4/14/2006, 11:22 AM
Oh F*CK yeah! When they showed the pride, I was RIGHT in the middle! I remember standing on my toes and looking alll the way across the field. I only saw two things: a blob of white jump about 8 ft in the air, and then Lehman run into the endzone with his hands up. I was celebrating before it even hit what happened.

GOD I love Sooner football.

TopDawg
4/14/2006, 03:26 PM
I love how you can see when Stoops realizes it's a TD, not a safety. The first time they show him, after Musberger says "Lehman on the pick. OU is going to win it again" his body language is saying "alright, we've got a 6 point lead and we're getting the ball back, but we've still got work to do".

Then Danielson says "Lehman bluffs, Williams gets the play" and they cut back to Stoops again. For a split second, his body language appears to be the same, and then all of a sudden he starts jumping up and celebrating.

I'd like to know what went throught #77's mind. Lehman intercepted that right in front of him. You know he wasn't expecting that.

CincySooner
4/17/2006, 10:19 AM
I've heard that kickoff thing thousands of times and I don't know how it's become so widely accepted as truth. Lehman made the tackle on the ensuing kickoff.

I love to watch the Superman play on TV. On a bigger screen, it's fun to watch the texas fans' reactions.

You're right.... TD... someone else makes KO tackle.... TRRW intercepts Simms... OU 3 and out... TRRW makes tackle on the punt....

I think people get the punt and KO mixed up.

apusooner
4/17/2006, 12:47 PM
I never noticed before, but I'm in the clip where they show the band. I'm the big trumpet player standing still, I had a separated shoulder and it hurt to move. I remember this because the two clowns next to me were jumping and hanging on to my shoulders and it hurt like hell.