PDA

View Full Version : Jermaine Gresham

emoinwinter
4/10/2006, 09:36 PM
I know this has been discussed, but I wanted to see if you guys had anything new to say after the spring scrimmage.

I get so excited when I think about Gresham's potential. It isn't everyday you have someone on your team with this much size, speed, ability, and potential.

It seems like we are trying to work-in the TE passing game more. However, with so many playmakers on the field as-is, and since Joe John hasn't been the most reliable in the passing game, they haven't been working it in more.

How much playing time is Gresham going to get in the fall? I'm hoping a lot. That will help keep the LBs at bay, allowing more space for AD.

I think it would be unrealistic to expect him to be Garrett Mills right off the bat, but I can definately see, over time, him becoming that type of TE. It will be tough for defenses to matchup with a 6'7" TE that has blazing speed. I can't wait to see him on the field.

Sooner24
4/10/2006, 09:40 PM
I know this has been discussed, but I wanted to see if you guys had anything new to say after the spring scrimmage.

I get so excited when I think about Gresham's potential. It isn't everyday you have someone on your team with this much size, speed, ability, and potential.

It seems like we are trying to work-in the TE passing game more. However, with so many playmakers on the field as-is, and since Joe John hasn't been the most reliable in the passing game, they haven't been working it in more.

How much playing time is Gresham going to get in the fall? I'm hoping a lot. That will help keep the LBs at bay, allowing more space for AD.

I think it would be unrealistic to expect him to be Garrett Mills right off the bat, but I can definately see, over time, him becoming that type of TE. It will be tough for defenses to matchup with a 6'7" TE that has blazing speed. I can't wait to see him on the field.

Since Jermaine is still in high school and didn't participate in the spring scrimmage I still feel the same. ;)

emoinwinter
4/10/2006, 09:56 PM
Since Jermaine is still in high school and didn't participate in the spring scrimmage I still feel the same. ;)

:-) Very funny. Just didn't know if anything you have seen in the spring, including what you saw in the spring game, would change anybody's mind on if, and how, he might be used in the fall.

The Consumate Showman
4/10/2006, 10:16 PM
He is big and tall. Don't remember his 40 time. It all depends on his work ethic. I asked him if he was ready to go this year and he said, "Oh yeah, man. I can't wait!" He's has a rather "laid-back" guy, though. But then again, so is Reggie Smith. The potential is no doubt there, just a matter of how bad he wants it.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/10/2006, 10:18 PM
We saw his mom at the game.

BASSooner
4/10/2006, 10:36 PM
He is big and tall. Don't remember his 40 time. It all depends on his work ethic. I asked him if he was ready to go this year and he said, "Oh yeah, man. I can't wait!" He's has a rather "laid-back" guy, though. But then again, so is Reggie Smith. The potential is no doubt there, just a matter of how bad he wants it.
He's more of a receiving TE. On rivals100, he was listed at running a 4.6. They say he could play receiver too.

The Consumate Showman
4/10/2006, 10:39 PM
No doubt he's a recieving TE more so than a blocking one, but he'll HAVE to learn to block if he wants any playing time. Just because he's a big, tall kid that can and catch the ball doesn't necessarily translate to a lot of playing time. If that was the case, Joe Jon would have played a lot more as would Quentin Chaney. Jermaine can no doubt play football, but he'll have to block if he wants extensive PT at OU...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/10/2006, 10:55 PM
I think it would be unrealistic to expect him to be Garrett Mills right off the bat

especially since we actually offered him...

Scott D
4/10/2006, 10:57 PM
No doubt he's a recieving TE more so than a blocking one, but he'll HAVE to learn to block if he wants any playing time. Just because he's a big, tall kid that can and catch the ball doesn't necessarily translate to a lot of playing time. If that was the case, Joe Jon would have played a lot more as would Quentin Chaney. Jermaine can no doubt play football, but he'll have to block if he wants extensive PT at OU...

or in the case of Chaney last year, a big, tall kid who couldn't catch the ball.