PDA

View Full Version : holy crap....

OUAndy1807
4/10/2006, 07:12 PM
some of you will never be happy.

Big Red Ron
4/10/2006, 07:21 PM
I've been rather jolly lately fer some reason. ;)

SpiderInMyPeanuts
4/10/2006, 07:24 PM
are you happy with your haircut?

oumartin
4/10/2006, 07:29 PM
I'll not be happy until there is a national title banner hanging in the LNC. be it womens or mens

StoopTroup
4/10/2006, 07:30 PM
I'm happy.

But not abOUt Basketball.

Big Red Ron
4/10/2006, 07:49 PM
are you happy with your haircut?heh, no.

william_brasky
4/10/2006, 08:50 PM
I'll not be happy until there is a national title banner hanging in the LNC. be it womens or mens

I just want us to be a contendah, not a pretendah. :twinkies:

oumartin
4/10/2006, 08:52 PM
I ran the pretendah off!

GottaHavePride
4/10/2006, 09:08 PM
Holy cow, if you're an opportunist bastard you'll start printing "I ran off Calvin Simpson!" t-shirts and sell them. I want a cut of any profits. 10% would do nicely. ;)

oumartin
4/10/2006, 09:09 PM
hey, i never claimed to have run him off. many on here say i did though. :D

okienole3
4/10/2006, 09:09 PM
I'd buy one.

StoopTroup
4/11/2006, 02:59 PM
I'm still happy.

WTG Joe C. !

crawfish
4/11/2006, 03:01 PM
I am happy! I am happy! I am <thunk>.

Beef
4/11/2006, 03:02 PM
I would be happy if there was a really hawt chick under my desk right now.

Newbomb Turk
4/11/2006, 03:23 PM

did too - and you also runt off Chuck Long. :D

colleyvillesooner
4/11/2006, 03:45 PM

Except in your post right before this one. ;)

mOUse
4/11/2006, 04:35 PM
If we look at what is around us in the Big12, would you be happy if you weren't going for the best possible candidate now, even if it cost more?

OSU has/Had ??- Sutton = Legend or at least near legend.
KSU has Huggy - A definite change for the better and an above average coach
Kansas - has Self and in short will be all that he is expected to be.
UT - has Barnes and he's good
A&M - that coach is a rising star
TTech - Legend, yes, but I wouldn't want him!
Mizzou - Anderson is another rising star that has had more success than Capel
NU - Well, they beat OU twice
that leaves ISU, Colorado and Baylor bringing up the rear for the Big 12.

There is no room for error here! MIZZOU, TT, NU and KSU are poised to make drastic improvement in the next 5 years. If OU wants to even end up 3rd or 4th or better every year, they have to get the right coach for the NOW! Not one for the later. What kind of recruiting success could we have when were 5th or 6th in the Big12? That's why this hire is OK, but I'm not thrilled by any means! Capel will need to win me over, as well as any recruits, whereas big names would draw more.
I'm an OU fan, but since this last final four 3 years ago or so, I'v become extremely concerned about the coaching. I can't help but love the effort the players give, like Book, and Ev this year and that makes it easy to remain a fan, but my seat has worn out from squirming, I've lost half my hair from frustration and I find myself turning the games off at home 10 min into the second half because I knew how it was going to end! I'm hoping to end the trend, but I'll be more doubtfull at first than hopeful! He'll have to win me over first, I apologize in advance. But, I love being wrong if someone can shine as a result.

OK, its off my chest, out of my hands, and now, Mr. Capel...Have a great ride and have fun and...

Boomer Sooner!!!

StoopTroup
4/11/2006, 04:40 PM
mOUse...

Sounds to me like you have a win win here.

If were doomed then there is nothing but success ahead IMO.

JohnnyMack
4/11/2006, 04:41 PM
MIZZOU, TT, NU and KSU are poised to make drastic improvement in the next 5 years

Why? Mizzou has a coach that I wouldn't trade for Capel. Knight is only hanging out for a couple more seasons to break Dean's record and then he'll hang it up (that being said he still hasn't done much at Sand Aggie). NU and KSU are still NU and KSU last I checked, good luck recruiting big-time basketball stars to Lincoln and Manhattan.

OUstud
4/11/2006, 05:12 PM
If we look at what is around us in the Big12, would you be happy if you weren't going for the best possible candidate now, even if it cost more?

OSU has/Had ??- Sutton = Legend or at least near legend.
KSU has Huggy - A definite change for the better and an above average coach
Kansas - has Self and in short will be all that he is expected to be.
UT - has Barnes and he's good
A&M - that coach is a rising star
TTech - Legend, yes, but I wouldn't want him!
Mizzou - Anderson is another rising star that has had more success than Capel
NU - Well, they beat OU twice
that leaves ISU, Colorado and Baylor bringing up the rear for the Big 12.

There is no room for error here! MIZZOU, TT, NU and KSU are poised to make drastic improvement in the next 5 years. If OU wants to even end up 3rd or 4th or better every year, they have to get the right coach for the NOW! Not one for the later. What kind of recruiting success could we have when were 5th or 6th in the Big12? That's why this hire is OK, but I'm not thrilled by any means! Capel will need to win me over, as well as any recruits, whereas big names would draw more.
I'm an OU fan, but since this last final four 3 years ago or so, I'v become extremely concerned about the coaching. I can't help but love the effort the players give, like Book, and Ev this year and that makes it easy to remain a fan, but my seat has worn out from squirming, I've lost half my hair from frustration and I find myself turning the games off at home 10 min into the second half because I knew how it was going to end! I'm hoping to end the trend, but I'll be more doubtfull at first than hopeful! He'll have to win me over first, I apologize in advance. But, I love being wrong if someone can shine as a result.

OK, its off my chest, out of my hands, and now, Mr. Capel...Have a great ride and have fun and...

Boomer Sooner!!!

Losing to NU and other North teams will hopefully be a thing of the Calvinist past. Capel hopefully won't level the playing field like Calvin did with crappy offense and will be able to handle teams like Nebbish.

mOUse
4/11/2006, 06:50 PM
Why? Mizzou has a coach that I wouldn't trade for Capel. Knight is only hanging out for a couple more seasons to break Dean's record and then he'll hang it up (that being said he still hasn't done much at Sand Aggie). NU and KSU are still NU and KSU last I checked, good luck recruiting big-time basketball stars to Lincoln and Manhattan.

TT- From 1995-6 no post season until Knight
- First year with Knight 22-8
- then 22-13, 23-11, and last year mind you...Sweet 16, and how did he get Ross?...likely the chance to play for a legend. Lets hope Ross isnt there next year!

Mizzou - Snyder - youth and infractions did him in, but his coaching is still good. What was it, 2000 he won coach of the year and was a 9 seed in the tourney. Then he was 20-12 and an 8th seed in 2001, loosing to his former boss at Duke. Then he went to the elite eight and lost to OU the following season (We lost the next game to Indiana), next they were 22-11 and lost to a 3 seed in the tourney. I would say that would equal the accomplishments of Sampson, and Snyder was practicaly a kid! This year was the only down season, and with good reason, the clouds were thick! But, plug in this next coach and Mizzou WILL keep on truckin' and will be scary good, trust me!

NU, I agree likely will not develop a better program in 5 years, but I still am not comfortable loosing to them 2x in one year.

KSU - Now that had me scratching my head! How in the world did they get this guy! To me that says all I need to know about KSU's commitment to get the best they can get! And the name alone WILL draw some commitments. That and the portion of the country that hates KU as much as Duke or OU for that matter. Huggy is a good coach and will definitley make changes. What was Cincy's claim to fame before Huggins?
Huggy - 2001 25-10 Sweet16
- 2002 31-5 2nd round
- 2003 1st round loss to Gonzaga
- 2004 2nd round loss to ILL
- 2005 2nd round loss to Kentucky.
Huggy has coached to a final four in the late 90's and has been to the elite eight 3 times. Make no mistake. Cincy got used to the winning just like we did. But, with a change of scenery, Huggy is hungry and the Big12 is ripe for the taking. Especially for a coach with a history like Huggy's.

One thing is for sure, the Big12 this year will have one of the best collection of coaches that one conference has had than I can remember in recent times.

soonersin07
4/11/2006, 07:27 PM
NU and KSU are still NU and KSU last I checked, good luck recruiting big-time basketball stars to Lincoln and Manhattan.

Well, reports came out today that Jason Bennett a 7 foot center considered one of the top 2 or 3 players left unsigned in the class of 2006 just committed to k-state. he's also got one of the best juco guys interested for next year. not to mention having 4 of the top 10 players in the class of 2007 as "high" on the interest level (mayo, walker, beasley, pope). i'd say he's having good luck recruiting big time basketball stars. i've never been a kstate fan, but i'm looking forward to them not getting crapped on for being horrible anymore.