PDA

View Full Version : Turgeons Decision

theshocker
4/10/2006, 06:36 PM
It is being reported here that Turgeon will use tonights event to announce that he is accepting his new contract and staying at WSU.

Big Red Ron
4/10/2006, 06:37 PM
It is being reported here that Turgeon will use tonights event to announce that he is accepting his new contract and staying at WSU.Which means we officially have one of our A list candidates on the hook.

Woot!

King Crimson
4/10/2006, 06:47 PM
or it may mean he's tired of hanging in the wind while our coaching serach goes on...and on....and on.....

Big Red Ron
4/10/2006, 06:47 PM
or it may mean he's tired of hanging in the wind while our coaching serach goes on...and on....and on.....Either way, I'm glad to see he was that far down the list.

theshocker
4/10/2006, 06:58 PM
i wouldn't be so sure that it was oklahomas decision. not saying it wasn't a good job but....1) he is happy here, 2) he has stated that he doesn't want to move his young family around, 3) he knows that he would go to KU if that job opens up, 4) he's getting paid very well staying here, 5) he returns 4 starters and his 6th and 7th players, 6) oklahoma could very easily be on probation for a couple years. Not saying it was or wasn't OU's decision but you shouldn't jump to any conclusions just because he is staying in wichita.

King Crimson
4/10/2006, 07:17 PM
i wouldn't be so sure that it was oklahomas decision. not saying it wasn't a good job but....1) he is happy here, 2) he has stated that he doesn't want to move his young family around, 3) he knows that he would go to KU if that job opens up, 4) he's getting paid very well staying here, 5) he returns 4 starters and his 6th and 7th players, 6) oklahoma could very easily be on probation for a couple years. Not saying it was or wasn't OU's decision but you shouldn't jump to any conclusions just because he is staying in wichita.

if true, i'm sure you are happy to keep yer coach. but, alot of that is typical coach/media speak.....i wouldn't get too lovey-dovey with the "i love Wichita" stuff from Turgeon. if he gets offered a top job, he'll take it.

i personally don't want the guy since he's on record insulting Oklahoma's hoops program and playing for the almighty Larry Brown (who left KU on probation, BTW).....while Tubbs never did. i didn't like himas a player, i don't want him as a coach.

Big Red Ron
4/10/2006, 07:18 PM
i wouldn't be so sure that it was oklahomas decision. not saying it wasn't a good job but....1) he is happy here, 2) he has stated that he doesn't want to move his young family around, 3) he knows that he would go to KU if that job opens up, 4) he's getting paid very well staying here, 5) he returns 4 starters and his 6th and 7th players, 6) oklahoma could very easily be on probation for a couple years. Not saying it was or wasn't OU's decision but you shouldn't jump to any conclusions just because he is staying in wichita.Man all you have done since you arrived here on SoonerFans is jump to conclusions.

If Kansas ever lets Bill Self leave, they're crazy.

theshocker
4/10/2006, 07:23 PM
I have never jumped to conclusions. I have given my opinions and facts that I know are true. I hope you do get a top of the line coach. Have you been in Lawrence. Do you know what goes on there. Did you know that half the players can't stand him. Did you know that two others besides Micah Downs were considering leaving. I know you have high expectations at Oklahoma but unless you have been a part of Kansas basketball you have no clue what the expectations are there!!!

Octavian
4/10/2006, 07:28 PM
...unless you have been a part of Kansas basketball you have no clue what the expectations are there!!!

I think OU fans know something about high expectations :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
4/10/2006, 07:29 PM
I know you have high expectations at Oklahoma but unless you have been a part of Kansas basketball you have no clue what the expectations are there!!!
Yes...we expect to beat KU every year.

theshocker
4/10/2006, 07:33 PM
I like that Stoop :)

Big Red Ron
4/10/2006, 07:36 PM
:rolleyes:
. I know you have high expectations at Oklahoma but unless you have been a part of Kansas basketball you have no clue what the expectations are there!!!Yeah, cuz we don't get enough of that in Football.

I pray they are ****ed at Self and he is the "Home Run" nobody is talking about. Then we can beat Turgon at KU with Bill Self.

theshocker
4/10/2006, 07:41 PM
It is now official. Turgeon just made the announcement.

Big Red Ron
4/10/2006, 07:48 PM
It is now official. Turgeon just made the announcement.:twinkies: Did they close down the movie theater to show the announcement on the screens?

theshocker
4/10/2006, 07:52 PM
No.....10,000 people went to the arena for it and they showed it on tv

King Crimson
4/10/2006, 07:56 PM
bye bye shocker.

william_brasky
4/10/2006, 08:48 PM
It is now official. Turgeon just made the announcement.

Congratulations. Hope you guys keep getting better and better. Turgeon's a fine coach.

oumartin
4/10/2006, 08:52 PM
he's a goner for sure

Sooner24
4/10/2006, 09:33 PM
Kansas would never hire Turgeon in a million years as head coach.

betasteve
4/10/2006, 09:43 PM
scratch that...

boomersooner28
4/10/2006, 11:06 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2404439

he is officially off the list

Jimminy Crimson
4/10/2006, 11:20 PM
phew!!!!!!!! glad he's not worthy of coaching in nompton.

ou never wanted someone of his lesser stature. he does owe us big time for helping him negotiate whatever crap shox u gave him.

theshocker
4/10/2006, 11:49 PM
and you were bagging on turgeon. look who you just hired. i wouldn't consider jeff capel a first or second tier coach. this is more like a walk then home run.

Jimminy Crimson
4/10/2006, 11:51 PM
and you were bagging on turgeon. look who you just hired. i wouldn't consider jeff capel a first or second tier coach. this is more like a walk then home run.

hopefully the source is just as reliable as the wichitittay stations who reported turgeon to ou! :D

birddog
4/11/2006, 12:17 AM
i disagree. he'll be able to recruit like a mother scratcher. did you watch vcu play this year? they were a very solid team. you can have turgeon for another year or 2 until some other team comes calling. by the way, why do you care?

TheHumanAlphabet
4/11/2006, 09:42 AM
Man all you have done since you arrived here on SoonerFans is jump to conclusions.

If Kansas ever lets Bill Self leave, they're crazy.

Did someone buy the "Jump to Conclusions" mat???

Office Space comment...

CobraKai
4/11/2006, 09:43 AM
Did someone buy the "Jump to Conclusions" mat???

Office Space comment...

I had a great idea once...

Ruprecht
4/11/2006, 11:58 AM
19 and 11. That is a solid record. The CAA is a solid conference. You will have a solid program, no doubt.

Ruprecht
4/11/2006, 12:02 PM
Which means we officially have one of our A list candidates on the hook.

Woot!

Maybe you guys are hiring two head coaches! Maybe the other head coach that you hire will have secured a 20 win season.

The two head coach plan-- or CO-COACH SYSTEM-- is another stroke of genius. I'll bet it is Calipari or maybe Coach Wooden is coming out of the hospital to take another stab at it!