PDA

View Full Version : Duke rape thingy.....

Stanley1
4/10/2006, 05:34 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12241326/

In light of this, and the evidence that showed the "dancer" showing up at the house already "with injuries", wonder if all the people that have been protesting and all that crap will apologize?

Its complete BS that one woman can apparently lie and have that much of an affect on so many people. A coach lost his job, the team isn't playing this year, etc.

Jimminy Crimson
4/10/2006, 05:37 PM
youze a hoooooo!

youze a hoooooo!

youze a ho! i said dat youz a ho!

:D

mdklatt
4/10/2006, 05:38 PM
A coach lost his job, the team isn't playing this year, etc.

It's a good thing lacrosse isn't a real sport.

Jimminy Crimson
4/10/2006, 05:39 PM
It's a good thing lacrosse isn't a real sport.

I'd put it above hockey, as far as 'sports' are concerned.

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/10/2006, 05:40 PM
Wow, so when he said hewas going to kill that bitch...it wasn't because he was a raping psycho....but just a ****ed off homie who didn't rape that ***!!!!

Jimminy Crimson
4/10/2006, 05:42 PM
What is the chicks name and did we ever get a picture of her to see if she was hot or not?

Before long, you won't be able to file a rape or whatever unless your name and mug goes public, which will be a good thing.

BeetDigger
4/10/2006, 07:03 PM
The attorney for some of the players is stating that the DNA tests are back and that there is no DNA evidence linked to any of the players. I'm begging to wonder if she had a little rough seccs before the party with the players.

StoopTroup
4/10/2006, 07:05 PM
Women who file false rape charges should be listed as Sexual Predators and have to registar.

Octavian
4/10/2006, 07:15 PM
Kobe flashbacks

mdklatt
4/10/2006, 07:22 PM
Kobe flashbacks

Man is that girl stupid. None of those lacrosse players even had a major league contract yet.

Octavian
4/10/2006, 07:31 PM
THeSEE HoS JUsT KeP geTiNn DuMEER AND dUmMeRR!!!! ;)

BajaOklahoma
4/10/2006, 08:50 PM
I'd put it above hockey, as far as 'sports' are concerned.

:mad:
My son's team just came in 5th in the country, D2 level.
I'll bet you couldn't skate fast, handle a stick and score goals.
It's pretty sad that they can skate circles around me as I skate as fast as I can. :O

GottaHavePride
4/10/2006, 09:03 PM
THeSEE HoS JUsT KeP geTiNn DuMEER AND dUmMeRR!!!! ;)

Sweet baby Jane, the board is STILL BROKEN!!!

Okla-homey
4/10/2006, 09:27 PM
I keep telling you people, in the modern era...

Its not about the weight of the evidence,
Its about the severity of the charges!

gaw.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/10/2006, 10:17 PM
What is the chicks name and did we ever get a picture of her to see if she was hot or not?

Before long, you won't be able to file a rape or whatever unless your name and mug goes public, which will be a good thing.I disagree with that statement, but I don't think names of the accused should be publicized until proven guilty either.

Scott D
4/10/2006, 10:44 PM
I'm waiting for the ultimate destroy Duke story.....one involving JJ Reddick and a male prostitute.

Stanley1
4/10/2006, 10:58 PM
I'm waiting for the ultimate destroy Duke story.....one involving JJ Reddick and a male prostitute.

Why do you hate good, white, basketball players????? ;)

Jimminy Crimson
4/10/2006, 11:13 PM
I disagree with that statement, but I don't think names of the accused should be publicized until proven guilty either.

i think it should either be my way or your way. the current system is broke as a rope.

beyonces get out too easy with accusations. even if a dude is 100% innocent, he is still ruined. the beyonce gets off scot free.

SoonerInKCMO
4/10/2006, 11:29 PM
It's pretty sad that they can skate circles around me as I skate as fast as I can. :O

Yeah, and I can't run around on a floor exercise mat in tights with a big ribbon flowing along behind me - that doesn't make rhythmic gymnastics a quality sport. :texan:

Jimminy Crimson
4/10/2006, 11:33 PM

Hockey is a decent sport, but I think it takes more of a man to play lacrosse. That sh!t is violent and they don't wear half of the padding of our brothers to the north.

Good job to Baja Jr, though. Where he be play at, yo?

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/10/2006, 11:49 PM
he played at an ice rink silly!!!

GottaHavePride
4/10/2006, 11:50 PM
Heh. It's like the quote I always hear: "Rugby is a hooligan's sport played by gentlemen. Soccer is a gentleman's sport played by hooligans."

Jimminy Crimson
4/10/2006, 11:53 PM
Heh. It's like the quote I always hear: "Rugby is a hooligan's sport played by gentlemen. Soccer is a gentleman's sport played by hooligans."

You always hear that? ;)
I kid, I kid!

Stanley1
4/11/2006, 12:10 AM
Hopefully our new Duke coach won't bring any rapers wif him. :)

GottaHavePride
4/11/2006, 12:14 AM
You always hear that? ;)
I kid, I kid!

Heh. Well, I always hear it if there are any rugby players around... ;)

Jimminy Crimson
4/11/2006, 12:16 AM
Heh. Well, I always hear it if there are any rugby players around... ;)

Like this guy?

http://sooner.nmn.speedera.net/pics17/200/LC/LCQAYKMAXMEEZEK.20040917164139.jpg

yermom
4/11/2006, 12:27 AM
Women who file false rape charges should be listed as Sexual Predators and have to registar.

that might be a bit harsh

i'm with SBSB on this, even if the yainch is making it up and the guy gets off, she still gets a ton of TV time, etc... and dude's career, family, etc... can suffer

of course, on the other end, just because the guy gets off (so to speak) doesn't mean he wasn't guilty.... forcing an actual victim to register as a sex offender would be pretty ****ty

Scott D
4/11/2006, 01:13 PM
Hockey is a decent sport, but I think it takes more of a man to play lacrosse. That sh!t is violent and they don't wear half of the padding of our brothers to the north.

yeah, ironically lacrosse, not hockey is the national pasttime in Canada.

crawfish
4/11/2006, 01:20 PM
[feminist response] Why would she lie? [/feminist response]

Scott D
4/11/2006, 01:30 PM
Other stories I've heard involving the lacrosse players at Duke make them sound like a run amok fraternity.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/11/2006, 01:35 PM
They say she was swabbed real good. They found NO evidence of DNA...not that they found no players DNA, they found NO DNA...The DA is trying to say that all rapes don't produce DNA...I don't know about you but I believe that as much as I believe there is swampland in AZ...There would be some evidence, spittle, hair, skin under nails, etc.

That HO needs to be charged for filing a false complaint and she needs he pic on the internet as a sexual predator...

Pricetag
4/11/2006, 02:58 PM
“There’s an old saying that the absence of evidence is not necessarily evidence of absence,” said Peter Neufeld, co-founder and co-director of the Innocence Project, a nonprofit legal clinic.
Yikes. I'm not saying they should drop the whole investigation or anything, but this kind of mindset could lead to a real witch hunt, IMO.

mdklatt
4/11/2006, 03:10 PM
yeah, ironically lacrosse, not hockey is the national pasttime in Canada.

Yeah. I saw this kid in Toronto wearing a T-shirt that said 1996 Greater Toronto Lacrosse Championship or something like that, like he was actually proud of it.

Okla-homey
4/11/2006, 03:17 PM
Yikes. I'm not saying they should drop the whole investigation or anything, but this kind of mindset could lead to a real witch hunt, IMO.

No kiddin' and the d00d's statement that "absence of evidence does not necessarily mean evidence of absence" is more relevant for "conduct" crimes. A typical conduct crime is drunk driving. No one has to get hurt for you to be charged with that crime. In fact, no "result" at all is specified and the only "evidence" of drunk driving might be a cop's observation -- especially if the drunk won't submit to breath or alcohol tests. In that case, there is nothing tangible that can be zipped up in an evidence bag. Just the cop stating what he observed.

OTOH, Rape is a "result" crime. IOW, to have rape, you gotta have certain elements, especially penetration, but no emission is required. Maybe this guy is saying just because there wasn't an emission, doesn't mean there wasn't rape. :eek:

As a practical matter, I think the guy is daffy. Healthy young males "emit" during intercourse. The odds of a half dozen hopped-up undergrads forcing sex on someone and there not being any physical evidence is about as likely as monkeys flying out of my butt.

Therefore, I'm inclined to believe, for whatever reason, she made it up.

TexasLidig8r
4/11/2006, 03:30 PM
Condoms?

Okla-homey
4/11/2006, 03:37 PM
Condoms?

"Okay men, as team captain I'm inviting you all to line-up for the forcible gang rape of the stripper. Make sure you wear a condom and lets remember to wipe her down real good when we're done. Make sure we leave no marks, hair or even spit!"

puh-leeze.;)

TheHumanAlphabet
4/11/2006, 03:42 PM
Condoms?

Lid, does that mean the team put condoms on their fingers, body and Johnson so that there was no transfer of anything?

I would expect there to be something under the fingernails at least...

I hear now she had the injuries before she arrived at the house?

Scott D
4/11/2006, 03:43 PM
ok dr. homey, what about items.

Osce0la
4/11/2006, 03:44 PM
Didn't she say she wa beaten as well? During a beating (or even the force it would take to rape her), wouldn't something have to be left on her somewhere?

TexasLidig8r
4/11/2006, 03:50 PM
Lid, does that mean the team put condoms on their fingers, body and Johnson so that there was no transfer of anything?

I would expect there to be something under the fingernails at least...

I hear now she had the injuries before she arrived at the house?

Let's see.. ok.. you smart, future leaders of tomorrow from privileged backgrounds student-athletes from Dook... go ahead and bareback this from a rough background, stripper who has been God knows where....

No... of course not.. they all used condoms...

Now... would she have evidence of any bodily fluids? Maybe not.... if no scratching took place.. no evidence under the finger nails. Would the natural oils on the fingers leave enough residue to detect in a DNA test? Probably not.

To think that older teen aged, young 20s year old men can be put into a house and have a stripper "perform" for them, and to believe there is no touching or other activity going on... is a bit naive. Was there rape? Who knows...

The coach and team is being slapped for being stupid and for not fully cooperating from day one.. if they did nothing wrong.. step to the plate and say, "We did nothing wrong and we are here to fully cooperate. Mr. College President, a stripper was present but no sexual conduct took place... here we are for our DNA tests and polygraphs."

Penguin
4/11/2006, 03:50 PM
The Durham DA said yesterday that no DNA is found in 75% of sexual assault cases. He said, "This only proves that nothing was left behind."

I don't think this is going away any time soon.

Okla-homey
4/11/2006, 03:57 PM
ok dr. homey, what about items.

You mean if they used something besides their body parts? In NC I think that is defined as a "sexual offense". Anyway, I don't think that's what she's alleging.

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/11/2006, 03:57 PM
If they find out she wasn't telling the truth, they should make her spend a nite in cells at San Quentin ;)

Okla-homey
4/11/2006, 04:03 PM
The Durham DA said yesterday that no DNA is found in 75% of sexual assault cases. He said, "This only proves that nothing was left behind."

I don't think this is going away any time soon.

Makes sense, "sexual assault" is defined as any non-consensual touching of the intimate parts of another for purposes of arousing or gratifying seckshual deesires. IOW, some freak who "cops a feel" over the victims clothes is engaging in sexual assault. The possibility that "something is left behind" is pretty remote in such an instance.

I thought we were talking "rape" here?

Penguin
4/11/2006, 04:06 PM
Here's my true and complete opinion about this case:

Don't know. Don't care.

mdklatt
4/11/2006, 06:20 PM
Lacrosse Players: The elitism of preppies, the boorishness of jocks. (http://www.slate.com/id/2139536/)

Heh.

More than any other sport, lacrosse represents the marriage of athletic aggression and upper-class entitlement. While a squash player might consider himself upper-crust, he can't prove his superiority by checking you onto your *** the way a lacrosse defenseman can.

Still, how could college lacrosse players be any more misogynous than your typical football-team steakhead? Perhaps it's because, unlike their football brethren, an unusually large proportion of college lacrosse players spend their high school years in sheltered, all-boys academies before heading off to liberal co-ed colleges. Most guys from single-sex schools are able to adjust. Others join the lacrosse team. The worst of this lot become creatures that are, in the words of a friend of mine, "half William Kennedy Smith, half Lawrence Phillips."

:D

The lacrosse player's unparalleled reputation has spawned some wild rumors over the years. My favorite is the one I heard about how half a college team contracted herpes because they all made love to the same crack in their group-house couch. Urban legend? Sure. And yet, I've heard the tale many times, and it's always lacrosse-specific. That's no accident.

:D :D :D

Consider the sport's lone pop-culture icon: Steve Stifler of American Pie. Stifler is the boneheaded lax star who speaks in the third person and beds girls by preying on their insecurities. Never let anyone tell you that Seann William Scott isn't a great actor. His brilliantly cartoonish portrayal is so spot-on that I'm convinced that he shadowed a half-dozen guys I know to prepare for the role.

BajaOklahoma
4/11/2006, 06:40 PM

Actually, it would be Baja 2 and 3. Both boys played for the same university.
Inline, not ice. No padding other than helmet, gloves and shinpads.
No contact - LOL. Over the years, the older one has had several concussions, a broken wrist and several knee injuries. A guy-that-can'-be-mentioned-because-it-is-Tuesday took a round-house swing at him with his stick (landed an inch to the right of the spine) and got kicked out of the league for a year. That was back when OU had an inline team and Baja 2 played for them.
Lil Baja can be seen on the OU campus wearing one of the old OU jerseys sometimes. :D