PDA

View Full Version : Boxes in the attic

RacerX
4/10/2006, 07:18 AM
Crazy clock shenanigans.

RacerX
4/10/2006, 10:29 AM
I dug some boxes out of my parent's attic Saturday evening. I was looking for my Chronicles of Narnia but didn't find them. They've reordered the new ones for some stupid reason.

However, I found my yearbooks (8-12), original star wars cards and stickers, a huge Batman comic book, a bunch of Snoopy stuff and most importantly solved a mystery.

There was this series of hardcover books I read when I was in grade school but I couldn't remember what they were. They were like the Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, etc. They were the Alfred Hitchcock Mysteries.

I'll take some pics of some of the various carp I found this evening. I'm also going to scan the high school sophomore pic of a prominent poster on this board.

I really want to get back up there and rummage through some more boxes.

crawfish
4/10/2006, 10:32 AM
There was this series of hardcover books I read when I was in grade school but I couldn't remember what they were. They were like the Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, etc. They were the Alfred Hitchcock Mysteries.

The Three Investigators. Jupiter Jones would kick Frank Hardy's butt, and I think Pete was banging Nancy Drew. :)

Most of the series was up in my parent's attic, too...took 'em home so perhaps my kids will read them someday.

Osce0la
4/10/2006, 11:09 AM
I wonder how much this kind of stuff would go for on ebay?

Osce0la
4/10/2006, 11:29 AM
These threads got so confusing when people decided to set the clocks back...

GottaHavePride
4/10/2006, 11:40 AM
TImE IS OFF OIn TEH SERVR!!!!

RacerX
4/10/2006, 11:41 AM
l33t 4axorz

BeetDigger
4/10/2006, 07:06 PM
I dug some boxes out of my parent's attic Saturday evening. I was looking for my Chronicles of Narnia but didn't find them. They've reordered the new ones for some stupid reason.

However, I found my yearbooks (8-12), original star wars cards and stickers, a huge Batman comic book, a bunch of Snoopy stuff and most importantly solved a mystery.

I'll take some pics of some of the various carp I found this evening. I'm also going to scan the high school sophomore pic of a prominent poster on this board.

I really want to get back up there and rummage through some more boxes.

I knew kids like you when I was in school. We called them nerds. :D:texan:

RacerX
4/10/2006, 08:22 PM
I found Micronauts!

Being a nerd can certainly pay off in the long run.

GottaHavePride
4/10/2006, 08:26 PM
Dude, I've got a suitcase full of all the old He-Man action figures from when I was a kid. Hell, I think I have Skeletor's Castle somewhere, too - you know, with the microphone that would change your voice all evil? I think there's even an old Ram Man (har har har) that they discontinued because the spring was a hazard to little kids...

StoopTroup
4/10/2006, 08:34 PM
Masters of the Universe (http://cgi.ebay.com/Masters-of-the-Universe-Mixed-Lot-Figures-Castle-more_W0QQitemZ6050185134QQcategoryZ48974QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

GDC
7/15/2006, 05:38 PM
Speaking of, I pulled my comics out of the parents' attic this week. I have four copies each of the original Wolverine four issue mini-series from 1982, all near mint condition. After looking at various sources online, and talking to the comic shop guy, those alone are worth from $1000 to $2500. I haven't even priced all my old Frank Miller Daredevil, Spiderman, Byrne/Claremont X-Men, etc, and I have four storage boxes of those. I think I'm gonna sell them.:D

GDC
7/17/2006, 10:43 AM
Also this past weekend I found in the crawl space under my childhood home, a 32 oz Dr Pepper bottle commemorating the 76 Orange bowl and 74 and 75 national championships. Also a 16 oz 7up bottle with the 78 Orange Bowl on it. I have no idea of value on these, any ideas would be appreciated.

Mjcpr
7/17/2006, 10:47 AM
$0.10 in CA ME IA CO DE OR WA NV

GDC
7/17/2006, 10:51 AM
$0.10 in CA ME IA CO DE OR WA NV

"NO DEPOSIT NO REFILL"

:(

OUDoc
7/17/2006, 11:12 AM
Also this past weekend I found in the crawl space under my childhood home, a 32 oz Dr Pepper bottle commemorating the 76 Orange bowl and 74 and 75 national championships. Also a 16 oz 7up bottle with the 78 Orange Bowl on it. I have no idea of value on these, any ideas would be appreciated.
No dead hookers, huh? Oh, well. :(

GDC
7/17/2006, 11:13 AM
No dead hookers, huh? Oh, well. :(

I'm going back with a shovel today.

RacerX
7/17/2006, 11:17 AM
I only found a couple of comic books. One was a very early Star Wars.

Sounds like you found some gold there GDC.

GDC
7/17/2006, 07:32 PM
I only found a couple of comic books. One was a very early Star Wars.

Sounds like you found some gold there GDC.

Those old Star Wars comics are pretty valuable, but it's all about the condition they're in, price-wise.

GDC
8/6/2006, 03:42 PM
To reiterate the point about how all-important the condition of collectibles is, I just found out I have Incredible Hulk #181, which is significant because it is the first ever appearance of Wolverine. In the best condition this is a $2000-3000 comic book, but unfortunately mine is not in great shape.

http://members.fortunecity.com/jshayer/covers/hulk_181.jpg