PDA

View Full Version : Freakin Bird

Boomhauer
4/10/2006, 07:53 AM
I show up this morning to my classroom and there is a bird banging itself up against my windows inside my classroom. I have had the Lunch Ladies in here already with some homemade contraptions that we are using to try to catch the bird. But the wise bird always decides to go and hide above the ceiling tile. 15 minutes until the kids show up. Don't think there will be much instruction going on today! That will not please Mr. Bush either since the State Tests are next week and this week was going to be used for study time!!!! supa

jk the sooner fan
4/10/2006, 07:58 AM
funny.....yesterday morning, we had a robin fly into our kitchen window about 20 times....he'd perch up on the neighbors fence and fly straight into it

finally i stood there and screamed at him as he approached, he made a hard u-turn and flew away...never saw him again

BeetDigger
4/10/2006, 08:04 AM
That is not quite as exciting as what happened over the weekend down the road at Claremore Sequoyah. Someone got into a bulldozer and smashed through the front doors and went for a joyride down the hall and out the other set of double doors. Pretty much demolishing the whole half of the school. They found the bulldozer still running by the softball field. :texan:

As a teacher, you know that the one thing that kids can't do is keep a secret. If it was a kid that did it, and it probably was, then it is only a matter of time before he tells someone who will then tell someone else.

Or, as an alternative, all the principal has to do is say that the bulldozer was covered with special material that will turn their hands purple in 24 hours. Just make the announcement and then post people at the bathrooms to watch who goes in a scrubs their hands.

GottaHavePride
4/10/2006, 08:21 AM
I'm convinced robins just aren't right in the head. there's one that sits underneath a car across the street (at crazy lady's house - there are bricks behind the wheels, car hasn't moved in probably 2 years) and jumps up and smacks its head against the chrome strip on the bottom of the doors. Repeatedly.

OUinFLA
4/10/2006, 08:24 AM
why dont you just open the windows?

Boomhauer
4/10/2006, 08:27 AM
GOT IT! Actually had the Lunch Ladies come in and one of them acted like a goalie with my yardstick. She guarded the hole in which it flys into to escape. When the bird approached...>WHACK! WHAT A SAVE!!!!!

Knocked the bird unconscious temporarily...then we scooped it up and "made it like a bird...so it can fly far...far, far away".

Boomhauer
4/10/2006, 08:27 AM
why dont you just open the windows?

There are screens on the outside of the windows in which I couldn't take off. That was my first plan of attack.

BeetDigger
4/10/2006, 08:46 AM
GOT IT! Actually had the Lunch Ladies come in and one of them acted like a goalie with my yardstick. She guarded the hole in which it flys into to escape. When the bird approached...>WHACK! WHAT A SAVE!!!!!

Knocked the bird unconscious temporarily...then we scooped it up and "made it like a bird...so it can fly far...far, far away".

I hope you know that PETA will be protesting the school later this afternoon. :eddie:

Osce0la
4/10/2006, 08:51 AM
I hope you know that PETA will be protesting the school later this afternoon. :eddie:
I've already put in a call...:eddie:

yermom
4/10/2006, 09:23 AM
There are screens on the outside of the windows in which I couldn't take off. That was my first plan of attack.

how did it get in there then? :confused:

Boomhauer
4/10/2006, 09:36 AM
how did it get in there then? :confused:

Good question! I have no idea. I am sure that some kids had the doors to the outside open all day on Friday so it must have gotten in then.

That is not quite as exciting as what happened over the weekend down the road at Claremore Sequoyah. Someone got into a bulldozer and smashed through the front doors and went for a joyride down the hall and out the other set of double doors. Pretty much demolishing the whole half of the school. They found the bulldozer still running by the softball field. :texan:

yermom
4/10/2006, 09:39 AM
Good question! I have no idea. I am sure that some kids had the doors to the outside open all day on Friday so it must have gotten in then.

man... i wish i was still in school, we didn't get bulldozers to play with

kids these days have no idea how good they have it

pb4ou
4/10/2006, 10:17 AM
I'm convinced robins just aren't right in the head.

You got that right..

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/5489/robin29ag.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

TopDaugIn2000
4/10/2006, 10:21 AM
finally i stood there and screamed at him as he approached, he made a hard u-turn and flew away...never saw him again

I should try that with the Jehova's witnesses.

TopDaugIn2000
4/10/2006, 10:24 AM

heh

we had an elderly lady do that one time to our church. she was backing out of her parking space at the grocery store across the street. she got the gas and brake mixed up and BACKED thru the lot, across 5 lanes of road construction & traffic, onto the porch of the church (about a 12" leap), thru the exterior double doors (didn't TOUCH a brick), thru the foyer doors (took out some sheetrock), down the center section of pews, only leaving the first 2 in tact. It was quite a mess.