PDA

View Full Version : O-Zone Help

emoinwinter
4/10/2006, 01:31 AM
I just recently purchased a 20" iMac 2.1ghz G5. It has the superdrive in it, so I can burn dual-layer DVDs. I was looking to get all of the past games and burn them onto DVDs. I was needing some help.

The only real place that I can find any of the past games is at the O-Zone on soonersports.com. I didn't know if anyone that had one of their memberships would be able to answer a question for me.

On the videos that they have posted, can you download them onto your hard drive or are you only allowed to stream them? I was needing to know this to find out if signing up would serve the purpose I need it to.

Thank you!

P.S. If I am able to get this to work, would anybody be interested in any DVDs?

Readyfor8
4/10/2006, 02:24 AM
Buy a real machine not something made by Fisher-Price... Kthnxbye...

emoinwinter
4/10/2006, 02:29 AM
Buy a real machine not something made by Fisher-Price... Kthnxbye...

Haha. That is what I told my wife, but she insisted on this for her graphic design. I still plan on doing all the video editing on my PC, just the burning on the Mac since it has a the DVD burner.

ouflak
4/10/2006, 04:47 AM
You are only allowed to stream them. And you'd better have a very good connection for that stream as they refuse to create any low-bandwidth video. There are programs you can find on the internet that will allow you to capture video streams. I messed with a couple of them a few years back, but I don't know what's available these days anymore.

You should also be aware that any 'classic' games they have on there (such as OU @ UCLA-1990) are of the absolute poorest quality. You don't hear the actual sports broadcasters and can't even tell what's going on in the game from the apparently randomly edited footage they've thrown together. You can't even tell who the players are or what play is actually occurring in the frames you're seeing or its significance. They are pretty bad. But the normal recordings of the regular season games since 2003 are pretty good.

The games are broken down into quarters. So if you will have to use whatever stream-capture program you find to merge them (this almost certainly going to be an included feature). Also, they have a lot of condensed highlights of games. Most of these are good, but others are very crappy with cut-off plays and missing audio. So you would have to preview all of these to make sure you are getting what you want.

As far as other sports are concerned, with the exception of gymnastics, you will pretty much only find highlights. This is unfortunate as these highlights, even the well-done ones, will sometimes edit out significant memorable plays. I think they try to do their best here though. Good luck.

Ruuuuuufus
4/10/2006, 09:00 AM
http://www.fraps.com/

fraps is a good program for video capture. It has a demo version if you want to try it out.

setem
4/10/2006, 09:31 AM
WM Recorder 10.2 is what I use to capture video. The video you pull off soonersports is not gonna be great but it will do for person projects.

emoinwinter
4/10/2006, 09:52 AM
I'm going to try to download the content later this week, see how it would be. Would anybody want a copy of one of the last couple of seasons?

bonkuba
4/10/2006, 09:56 AM
Sure.....:D

Drop me an email....happy to pay postage, etc.

Take care!

Sean
[email protected]

sooneron
4/10/2006, 10:15 AM
Haha. That is what I told my wife, but she insisted on this for her graphic design. I still plan on doing all the video editing on my PC, just the burning on the Mac since it has a the DVD burner.
Unless you have an avid, you are wasting your time editing vid on a pc.

emoinwinter
4/10/2006, 10:32 AM
Unless you have an avid, you are wasting your time editing vid on a pc.

I think I'll do it on the mac, now that I have been looking at it.

On the PC I have a 2.8ghz Intel, 1g of ram, a 128MB video card, 2 120g hard drives. However, I only have a 17" sony flat panel.

The mac is a 2.1ghz G5 processor, 1.5g of ram, 128MB video card, 250g hard drive. It is a 20" viewable monitor.

I have mainly worked with photoshop, illustrator and such, and haven't gone much into video. I wasn't looking to do anything professional, just to have something that I can have around 10 years down the road. Plus, it would make for some nice gifts for the family.

So, anybody that has experience working in video, let me know which one would be better to do it with. I'm thinking about going with the mac because I have been told before that graphicly it is ahead of the PCs. Plus, the mac has more space, with about 200gigs free, as opposed to the PC where I only have about 100gigs free. Thanks!

sooneron
4/10/2006, 10:40 AM
imovie is as easy as it gets. It is rooted in the platform of Final Cut. Which is the industry standard for indies/commercials/ etc. With the exception of avid, Final Cut is bad ***. imovie which prolly came with your mac, is solid for what you want and VERY simple.
I am currently working on a tv pilot and we are just going to cut on imovie for podcasting.
Plus, it interfaces great with any mini dv camera/deck.

My one suggestion about imovie- save early and save often!! It's a little buggy in the wtf happened department.

emoinwinter
4/10/2006, 10:44 AM
Thanks! I really appreciate it. I was toying around with iMovie a little bit earlier this morning. It had some pretty cool features. I planned on burning with iDVD. Is that software good for what I was wanting?

sooneron
4/10/2006, 10:47 AM
It should do fine for you. You should try it out. You could always get Toast if you aren't happy with iDVD,

emoinwinter
4/10/2006, 10:55 AM
It should do fine for you. You should try it out. You could always get Toast if you aren't happy with iDVD,

I have Toast too, but haven't really played with it yet. The computer just came in this past Friday. What would you suggest me investing my time with, iDVD or Toast?

sooneron
4/10/2006, 08:12 PM
With Toast you have more options with set up and such- Menu screen look etc..