PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Recruits at Red/White Game.....

The Consumate Showman
4/9/2006, 11:32 PM
Just wanted to report on the recruits I saw and give you my first impressions of seeing these guys up close and personal.

There were several recruits at the Red/White game on Saturday. The "Big 4" were on hand and in the stands signing a bevy of would-be OU fan's memoribilia. Gerald McCoy, Jermaine Gresham, Mossis Madu, and Dominique Franks all stayed pretty much together during the game and were hounded by autograph-seekers.

Also on hand that I saw were in state QB Sam Bradford, LB Chris Patterson, and LB Daniel Tabon. Chase Beeler, Tim Johnson, and Brandon Crow, if they attended, kept a low profile.

Out-of-state recruits included Jermy Beal, Pryce Macon, Curtis Bailry, Adrain Taylor, and Jonathan Nelson. Granted there may have been a few others in attendance, but these are the ones I saw and talked with.

Out of all the recruits, I was most impressed with the Big OL out of Dallas Carter, Curtis Bailey. Yes, Bailey. Don't get me wrong, McCoy and Gresham are physical specimens, but this Bailey kid looks like a freakin' Senior. If he does not contend for a starting spot by his second year, I will be surprised.

For as much talk as there has been about Patterson and Tabon, they both need to put on a little weight. I talked with Tabon's coach who attended the game with him and he told me that Daniel is totally comitted to playing high level football and that he is up and lifting weights every morning by 7:00.

Dominique was a little shorter than I thought he would be. Seemed to be more like 5' 9". All of the rest of the guys impressed me a lot and I think we should all be excited about our recruiting class this year. Having McCoy and Granger should be a rules violation!

BOOMER SOONER!!!

:twinkies:

wishboneTE
4/10/2006, 06:08 AM
2007 commits, Austin Box and Bobo Bumpus were there. Also, Gerald Jones and a number of 2007 targets were there.

Desert Sapper
4/10/2006, 06:51 AM
Any 2007 QB recruits? I'm thinking that will be our major target for '07.

The Consumate Showman
4/10/2006, 07:21 AM
2007 commits, Austin Box and Bobo Bumpus were there. Also, Gerald Jones and a number of 2007 targets were there.

Saw Ryan Broyles, too. Where was Box and Bobo? I was at the South end of the East side of the stadium by the ramp where the players come out. Where were you?