PDA

View Full Version : Gerald McCoy

setem
4/9/2006, 10:23 PM
Did anyone see Gerald McCoy at the R&W Game? He was hanging out by the fence out side of the Switzer Center. He signed a few autographs and my nephew and I got to meet him. He seems like he has a pretty good head on his shoulders and damn is he big! He needs to work in his John Hancock though it looks like it says G-Wac and not G-Mac. I cant wait to see him in the Crimson and Cream. Sorry if this sucks for a 1st post.

BASSooner
4/9/2006, 10:24 PM
It's great. I can't wait to see the dude either.

olevetonahill
4/9/2006, 10:25 PM
Did anyone see Gerald McCoy at the R&W Game? He was hanging out by the fence out side of the Switzer Center. He signed a few autographs and my nephew and I got to meet him. He seems like he has a pretty good head on his shoulders and damn is he big! He needs to work in his John Hancock though it looks like it says G-Wac and not G-Mac. I cant wait to see him in the Crimson and Cream. Sorry if this sucks for a 1st post.
Its ok ,All 1st posts Suck ;)
But the #1 rule is to learn Doleo speak !:P

setem
4/9/2006, 10:27 PM
Wtf is doleo speak? ha

olevetonahill
4/9/2006, 10:31 PM
Wtf is doleo speak? ha
nOOb lol go to SO and look fer his posts when you can cypher em then your IN ;)

JohnnyMack
4/9/2006, 10:35 PM
Is your name semen?

That's gross.

Rhino
4/9/2006, 10:37 PM
Wtf is doleo speak? ha A worn out and busted form of comedy by one member of this board that is based on purposefully mispelling words.

Don't worry about it.

setem
4/9/2006, 10:44 PM
Tru dat True dat....

That kinds stuff?

I remember back in the 9th grade I tried to talk like that for a week or so. Eventually the uncontrollable vomiting and diarrhea got to me and I had to stop.

Thank god good taste prevailed...

olevetonahill
4/9/2006, 10:47 PM
A worn out and busted form of comedy by one member of this board that is based on purposefully mispelling words.

Don't worry about it.
When I get to drunkytown hes funny as hell :P

The Consumate Showman
4/9/2006, 11:42 PM
Gerald signed about a 1,000 autographs. He is an AWESOME kid. The best since AD. Gerald is humble and is MASSIVE for an 18 year old!

Hey, next time you meet him, have him take a picture with you and your boy. I've met him several times and when I got my picture with him the first time, he had me hold up that good ole down with the whorns sign right in front of Michael Huff and his DB's coach. It was GREAT!!

setem
4/9/2006, 11:53 PM
I will be investing in a camera in the next few months. I coach a American Legion Baseball team here in OKC and some pics will need to be taken. My nephew was kinda bummed we didnt get a pic with him. That is awesome about g-mac throwing down the horns infront of huff.

I dont know why but evertime I think of g-mac I think of this crap.

Gerald McCoy
http://img127.imagevenue.com/loc255/th_44638_gmac.JPG

Gerald McBoing Boing

http://img141.imagevenue.com/loc63/th_44636_boingboing.JPG

I am a tard!

badger
4/10/2006, 12:57 AM
yeah, i saw those recruits down there. i told my bf that I would get him an autograph for him in return for paying for the tickets. I didn't get Gerald's, but I got two guys standing near him.

(Dewey and Lee Roy Selmon)

Like I told him, if he went down there instead of sweet, innocent blond girl (me), he wouldn't have gotten the autograph. Fortunately, I wasn't another pen-waving old guy looking to sell the ball on eBay in a few hours.

I hope that if any of you guys got to meet these gentlemen, you took the time to thank them not only for the autographs they might have given you, but also all that they've given to the university. The kids were a little star-struck, granted, but the least the older fans around me could have done was take a moment to thank the guys that were taking time off from enjoying the game to meet them and give them an autograph before hurrying off to shove a pen in another Sooner's face.

I hope I don't sound harsh, but that's what I saw happen with both of the Selmons. And yes, I did thank them.

Flagstaffsooner
4/10/2006, 04:28 AM
When I get to drunkytown hes funny as hell :PWhen are you not in Drunkytown?

The Consumate Showman
4/10/2006, 07:31 AM
yeah, i saw those recruits down there. i told my bf that I would get him an autograph for him in return for paying for the tickets. I didn't get Gerald's, but I got two guys standing near him.

Like I told him, if he went down there instead of sweet, innocent blond girl (me), he wouldn't have gotten the autograph. Fortunately, I wasn't another pen-waving old guy looking to sell the ball on eBay in a few hours.

I hope that if any of you guys got to meet these gentlemen, you took the time to thank them not only for the autographs they might have given you, but also all that they've given to the university. The kids were a little star-struck, granted, but the least the older fans around me could have done was take a moment to thank the guys that were taking time off from enjoying the game to meet them and give them an autograph before hurrying off to shove a pen in another Sooner's face.

I hope I don't sound harsh, but that's what I saw happen with both of the Selmons. And yes, I did thank them.

Okay badger. I have to call you out on this a little bit. You have to leave a little room for some fans that are older that just like to get autographs. I got Lee Roy and Dewey down there and I am an older guy (25). But, I have been doing this most of my life. It is a tradition my father started with me when I was a boy and I have never stopped. Some guys like to hunt a lot or fish, I like to get autographs.

I get autographs and then put them on display at my house. I don't go running off to sell them on ebay for the highest bidder. That is totally GAY. Now, granted, there are some jackass sooner fans that want to go down there and get autographs for the sole purpose of selling them. WHat you also have to realize is that some of us, not too many, are not that way, and I hope that in 20-30 years you don't keep bashing on older fans becasue I will probably be one of those guys. But, fyi, I also try to be as gracious as I possibly can. I understand that these guys are to a degree "famous" and that when they take the time to sign things, that is a great show of love for the university and their respective fans. I'm not trying to bash on you, I would just like you to know that there are a "few good fans"......

shavedmarmoset
4/10/2006, 07:31 AM
Was it Dewey and Lee Roy? I thought it was Dewey and Lucious

crimson&cream
4/10/2006, 09:34 AM

I've wondered about the thnaks you myself when getting Switzer's & Runnels over in front of O'connell after the game as soon as they signed I told them thank you, and of all the people getting autographs I didn't hear hardly if any THANK YOU"S. To me thats rude and self serving. You need to be polite, gracious, and respectful for all their contrbution's to the OU FB program/Univ they're made and that we all love with a THANK YOU....... it's just good manner's.

OKC-SLC
4/10/2006, 10:00 AM
yeah, i saw those recruits down there.
Have we offered on these young men?

badger
4/10/2006, 09:25 PM
Lee Roy Selmon, a classy guy if there ever was one, lol:
http://www.profootballhof.com/images/upload/items/medium/01266_3144.jpg

I did not mean to intend that all older fans are pushy for autographs. I realize that perhaps seeing these stars can bring out the "little kid" in all of us.

HOWEVER, I witnessed grown men pushing in front of younger kids and shoving pens in former athletes face without so much as a "thanks for the memories."

I guarantee you I will never be one of those guys, for two reasons:

1- It's common courtesy
2- I'm a girl, not a guy.

The Consumate Showman
4/10/2006, 10:09 PM
I always let the little guys get in there and get autographs before me. It brings me back to the days when I was a kid and there are a lot of positive memories there. I think it's great that we have such a large following of younger fans now, but I'm here to tell you, these kids now-a-days are vicious! I'm gonna have to teach my son some of these stealth moves I see them use! I love it; it's Great!

BOOMER SOONER young-ens'!!!!!

setem
4/10/2006, 10:20 PM
I know what you mean about the kids. My nephew knows a few. Last year at the meet and greet. He would go through the line and get the 1st guys in the next line over to sign his ball and book. He would do the same thing with the last guy in the line before. Crazy kids! He tracked down AD at the R&W last year and only a few kids got a chance to get his auto that day.