PDA

View Full Version : How I spent Saturday afternoon

TUSooner
4/9/2006, 10:33 AM
Well, it started with a funeral, at Our Lady or Prompt Succor (Aw Lady o'Promp Suckah) Catholic Church in beautiful downtown Westwego, LA, a burg that makes Moore seem like Nichols Hills. It just happend that OLPS church and school were having their parish fair right across the driveway. So here's abunch of folks all dressed up in their Sunday best (even the Pagans) right alongside a bunch of people in shorts and t-shirts. Some of the females had short shorts indeed -and little t-shirts. Many mourners remarked how proper it was that Gavin's funeral would be at a parish fair. (Gavin was an actor.)

After the service everybody walked 2 blocks to the cemetery where there's a short graveside service, and the remains of the departed were slid into an above ground stone crypt. After a bit of hugging, condoling, and schmoozing, we walk back to the church. Well, the fair is still on, the beer booth is right there, and some tasty things are being grilled and fried. So pretty soon several mourners, including me & Mrs TU & my M-i-L , can be seem all dressed up and strolling around. In one hand, a oyster poboy or a sauasge on a stick, in the other a daiquiri or beer in big red plastic souvernir crawfish goblet. That might be one of those things that you'd only see down here.
Then we went home. The end

TopDaugIn2000
4/9/2006, 11:04 AM
I'll admit, I've never been to a funeral and a fair all in the same day. wow.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/9/2006, 11:41 AM
I'll admit, I've never been to a funeral and a fair all in the same day. wow.And at the same location-how convenient!:cool:

BajaOklahoma
4/9/2006, 12:49 PM
Still sorry about your loss TU.
And what an example of how life goes on.

Okla-homey
4/9/2006, 01:17 PM
Did you save me an elephant ear?

TUSooner
4/9/2006, 08:53 PM
I'll just add that the fried oysters were fantastic, and I still have the big red plastic crawfish goblet in the car.