PDA

View Full Version : If one goes to work on Sunday...

Howzit
4/9/2006, 08:48 AM
...one should work.

Not post.

Just sayin'.

1stTimeCaller
4/9/2006, 08:48 AM
:mad:

Howzit
4/9/2006, 08:49 AM
Great turnout for the watch party, too.

1stTimeCaller
4/9/2006, 08:51 AM
If I knew where you lived I would have shown up.

Beef
4/9/2006, 08:52 AM
Great turnout for the watch party, too.
I was at a crawfish boil. And I didn't want to see Stan strip.

colleyvillesooner
4/9/2006, 08:54 AM
So howzit, since you are at work, where should I go eat breakfast? I'm not limited by work, so I can pretty much go anywhere. Is this helping? :D

Howzit
4/9/2006, 08:57 AM
I'm not at work. It was a hypothetical statement for someone who MAY be at work.

If I knew where you lived I would have shown up.
Yeah, nobody came. It was great.

:D

1stTimeCaller
4/9/2006, 08:59 AM
I ate at Whataburger this AM at 6:30. 10 minutes before I opened the trailer up. :(

colleyvillesooner
4/9/2006, 09:08 AM
I ate at Whataburger this AM at 6:30. 10 minutes before I opened the trailer up. :(

That sucks. For me, not you, cause there's no whataburger real close :D

1stTimeCaller
4/9/2006, 09:09 AM
That sucks. For me, not you, cause there's no whataburger real close :D

This Whataburger is 49 miles from my house. :mad:

BajaOklahoma
4/9/2006, 09:42 AM
Pffffft! At that time of day, on a Sunday morning in the Metroplex, that means it is 15 minutes from your house. No sympathy for you! :D
And you can post from work! I can't get it at work, not that it matters because I actually have to WORK!

Seriously. :( I'm jealous.

GottaHavePride
4/9/2006, 10:00 AM
Heh. Baja can't get any at work. ;)

Beef
4/9/2006, 10:03 AM
Pffffft! At that time of day, on a Sunday morning in the Metroplex, that means it is 15 minutes from your house. No sympathy for you! :D
Unless you run into an immigration rally.

1stTimeCaller
4/9/2006, 10:07 AM
And you can post from work! I can't get it at work, not that it matters because I actually have to WORK!

Seriously. :( I'm jealous.

If you can get from 820 & Jacksboro Hwy to I-20 & Houston School Road (bout 2 miles E of 35E) in 15 minutes I'll give you my paycheck.

1stTimeCaller
4/9/2006, 10:48 AM
Hey Howzit, if it makes you feel better I just doctored up a carpenter's hand. He has a large cut on his finger and came in dripping blood. I sprang into action and was making moves that OUDoc would envy. I got him bandaged up, kicked him in the *** and sent him back to work.

OUAndy1807
4/9/2006, 10:51 AM
nobody forget, 1tc volunteered to come in.

I told you it was a stupid idea.

Howzit
4/9/2006, 10:53 AM
But that's why they love him.

so he's got that going for him.

1stTimeCaller
4/9/2006, 10:55 AM
I'm having a pretty good time. I've burned a few CDs, checked out some pron, and saved a guy's life and it's not even lunch. Way to go 1TC, you're the greatest!!

I'm bout to crack open a beer.

sanantoniosooner
4/9/2006, 10:56 AM
I'm setting up my laptop for a children's service and noticed I picked up an unsecured access point.

I better not let the wife catch me or she might withhold..........like that matters.......

BajaOklahoma
4/9/2006, 11:03 AM
If you can get from 820 & Jacksboro Hwy to I-20 & Houston School Road (bout 2 miles E of 35E) in 15 minutes I'll give you my paycheck.

You haven't seen me drive that time of morning. I can get from 75 & 190 to 35 & Mayhill Road in Denton in 30 minutes at 6 AM on Sunday. It's usually an hour. :D I love my car.

And the guy with the cut..... When was his last tetanus shot? He needs another one if it was more than 5 years ago. And stitches need to be done within 8 hours of the cut - if he needs them.

jeremy885
4/9/2006, 11:04 AM
...one should work.

Not post.

Just sayin'.

:mad:

Howzit
4/9/2006, 11:04 AM
You haven't seen me drive that time of morning. I can get from 75 & 190 to 35 & Mayhill Road in Denton in 30 minutes at 6 AM on Sunday. It's usually an hour. :D I love my car.

And the guy with the cut..... When was his last tetanus shot? He needs another one if it was more than 5 years ago. And stitches need to be done within 8 hours of the cut - if he needs them.

I'm sure 1tc gave him a tetnus shot, too.

1stTimeCaller
4/9/2006, 11:07 AM

Those kinda sound like his problems. ;)

He works for a subcontractor so he's not really my responsibility. If he worked for me we'd be at the minor emergency place.

I sent the guy home with some bandages, wipey down things and some neosporin like stuff.

I prolly should've poured some of my beer in the cut. Doesn't alcohol help in those situations?

BillyBall
4/9/2006, 11:15 AM
Doesn't alcohol help in those situations?

It helps in all situations.

Howzit
4/9/2006, 11:16 AM
1tc, if carpenter guy goes poo poo you might want to make sure he wipes.

1stTimeCaller
4/9/2006, 11:19 AM
1tc, if carpenter guy goes poo poo you might want to make sure he wipes.

You have already mastered the GC - subcontrator relationship!!

BajaOklahoma
4/9/2006, 12:46 PM
I prolly should've poured some of my beer in the cut. Doesn't alcohol help in those situations?

Almost correct. Beer has a high sugar content and since bacteria like sugar - so no beer. Alcohol would burn and it would probably kill off the top layer of cells in the cut - you don't want that either. When I went to nursing school, in the dark ages, we used to pour hydrogen peroxide over the cuts. Doesn't burn and it makes a nice foamy mess that makes you think it is working hard to kill the germs. Unfortunately, they discovered it also killed off the top layer of cells. Soap and water is the best, with a mix of 50% water and 50% hydrogen peroxide the next best.

colleyvillesooner
4/9/2006, 12:51 PM
Almost correct. Beer has a high sugar content and since bacteria like sugar - so no beer. Alcohol would burn and it would probably kill off the top layer of cells in the cut - you don't want that either. When I went to nursing school, in the dark ages, we used to pour hydrogen peroxide over the cuts. Doesn't burn and it makes a nice foamy mess that makes you think it is working hard to kill the germs. Unfortunately, they discovered it also killed off the top layer of cells. Soap and water is the best, with a mix of 50% water and 50% hydrogen peroxide the next best.

yeah, dumbass! ;)

BajaOklahoma
4/9/2006, 01:00 PM
yeah, dumbass! ;)

Hey, he gets credit for trying to help someone. What have you done for someone today? :eek: Ummmm, never mind.

1stTimeCaller
4/9/2006, 01:05 PM
Hey, he gets credit for trying to help someone. What have you done for someone today? :eek: Ummmm, never mind.

Hell yeah!!

yermom
4/9/2006, 01:40 PM
i'm working, i'm just not at work

1stTimeCaller
4/9/2006, 01:42 PM
I just saved another person's life. Same deal. Who would've thought that illegal immigrants working with tin-snips and metal studs would cause as many cuts as it does?

BillyBall
4/9/2006, 01:45 PM
Do you think the rate of occurance would be lower if they were legal immigrants? ;)

1stTimeCaller
4/9/2006, 01:53 PM
heh, I don't know if they are legal or illegal. I don't know why they are having the injuries that they are today. They all must be thinking about the protest downtown.