PDA

View Full Version : Paul Thompson...

CatfishSooner
4/9/2006, 01:02 AM
He looked good out there today as a receiver, but did anyone else notice his new position on the punting team? He was playing as the last blocker towards the punter that Runnels used to play...Looks like Bobby has some good fake punts coming up next year... :D

BASSooner
4/9/2006, 01:10 AM
PT can catch. That's all I have to say. The man is going to start.

jdsooner
4/9/2006, 01:43 AM
I smell a fake punt coming in the fall.

CatfishSooner
4/9/2006, 01:44 AM
What does it smell like??? Bevo?

shavedmarmoset
4/9/2006, 01:55 AM
He looked good out there today as a receiver, but did anyone else notice his new position on the punting team? He was playing as the last blocker towards the punter that Runnels used to play...Looks like Bobby has some good fake punts coming up next year... :D

Yeah that's kind of weird considering the last two people we had playing that position were J.D. and Teddy. Doesn't exactly seems like a receiver position.

Flagstaffsooner
4/9/2006, 04:46 AM
I smell a fake punt coming in the fall.That's Nick. He hasnt changed his underwear in 3 days.

oumartin
4/9/2006, 05:16 AM
That's Nick. He hasnt changed his underoos in 3 days

fixed

Rogue
4/9/2006, 10:33 AM
PT appears to have grown into the WR position nicely compared to last fall. Biggest improvement I saw yesterday.

RedstickSooner
4/9/2006, 12:27 PM
Heck, maybe it's time to bring back the ENA nickname for the boy.

He's grown into a great receiver (or at least that's how it appeared in the Spring game)

CatfishSooner
4/9/2006, 02:21 PM
Yeah that's kind of weird considering the last two people we had playing that position were J.D. and Teddy. Doesn't exactly seems like a receiver position.

I thought that was kinda weird too, but PT is pretty stout himself...I think he can handle it...

CatfishSooner
4/9/2006, 02:23 PM
That's Nick. He hasnt changed his underwear in 3 days.

I always thought Nick went cammando.....:confused:

emoinwinter
4/9/2006, 03:04 PM
I haven't gone back and rewatched it yet, but I did have a question for you guys. At least on the long pass, Thompson didn't seem to go after the ball like some of our receivers i.e. Kelly do. He just let it come to him. I'm just afraid that is going to cost us in the fall. Am I wrong here?

CatfishSooner
4/9/2006, 06:53 PM
You don't have to go to the ball if it is thrown perfectly to you like that ball was...

emoinwinter
4/9/2006, 06:59 PM
I would say that easily 9 out of 10 times that ball is not caught, at least by Thompson. Smith should have had it.

I just hope that Thompson's performance doesn't put him ahead of some other guys like Johnson. I just think Johnson and others have much more of an upside than Thompson does as a WR. I applaud him for all of his effort. I just don't see him as a better receiver than some of the other guys. He hasn't been doing this forever, and has started way too late. He's behind of the curve.

oumartin
4/9/2006, 07:01 PM
Nick does go commando when he wears his pantyhose

Egeo
4/9/2006, 07:02 PM
i dont think johnson looked any better that thompson last year - and i didnt really notice johnson yesterday

CatfishSooner
4/9/2006, 07:07 PM
I really like PT at receiver and hope he gets thrown to a lot next season...

Soonerus
4/9/2006, 07:23 PM
PT looked like a new man....

emoinwinter
4/9/2006, 07:27 PM
i dont think johnson looked any better that thompson last year - and i didnt really notice johnson yesterday

That is because he was playing with the second team, and Halzle was only throwing to Strong for some reason (possible not going through all of his reads.) I was just using Johnson as an example. The following are all the people I would rather Bomar throw to instead of Thompson:

Malcolm Kelly
Juaquin Iglesias
Adrian Peterson
Adron Tennell
Demarco Murray
Jermaine Gresham
Allen Patrick
Eric Huggins
Quentin Chaney
Manuel Johnson

It is sad. I love Thompson. We just have way too many playmakers. I think most people would agree with the first 7 of that list.

oumartin
4/9/2006, 07:28 PM
I say Malcolm Kelly and Iglesias for sure but P.T. is right behind those two as far as I am concerned.

emoinwinter
4/9/2006, 07:36 PM
PT looked like a new man....

I really hope you are right. Next time I get a chance I'll go back and rewatch the scrimmage.

FlatheadSooner
4/9/2006, 08:13 PM
I rewatched the scrimmage today and Paul probably had more bid plays than anyone.

Like most of us, I would love for P.T. to be a big player this year!

:)

FlatheadSooner
4/9/2006, 08:14 PM
Sorry, too many margaritas.

Meant, "Big plays".

olevetonahill
4/9/2006, 10:28 PM
My prediction = RB to PT will be as hot as JW to MC ;)
just my 2 cents :cool:

shavedmarmoset
4/9/2006, 11:10 PM
That is because he was playing with the second team, and Halzle was only throwing to Strong for some reason (possible not going through all of his reads.) I was just using Johnson as an example. The following are all the people I would rather Bomar throw to instead of Thompson:

Malcolm Kelly
Juaquin Iglesias
Adrian Peterson
Adron Tennell
Demarco Murray
Jermaine Gresham
Allen Patrick
Eric Huggins
Quentin Chaney
Manuel Johnson

It is sad. I love Thompson. We just have way too many playmakers. I think most people would agree with the first 7 of that list.

You put him ahead of three true freshmen who haven't been to campus yet and Eric Huggins who has dropped almost every pass it seems like? Come on, PT is better than that. He made some tough catches.

badger
4/10/2006, 12:59 AM
He will have the opportunity to make some great plays this year. I'm happy for him, because he is willing to give a new position a shot (unlike some former Heisman winner from Nebraska).

rainiersooner
4/10/2006, 01:47 AM
I haven't gone back and rewatched it yet, but I did have a question for you guys. At least on the long pass, Thompson didn't seem to go after the ball like some of our receivers i.e. Kelly do. He just let it come to him. I'm just afraid that is going to cost us in the fall. Am I wrong here?

In betweek a series, I noticed that I needed another beer. So I asked my wife to bring me one. While she was gone getting my beer (I was lying on the couch), I noticed that Thompson hadn't tied the shoelace on his left foot as tightly as the one on his right foot. I started wondering whether or not he had what it took to be a Sooner. What do you guys think?

emoinwinter
4/10/2006, 01:58 AM
I went back and rewatched everything. I do have to give a man props where it is due. He still isn't as polished as he needs to be, but he is most certainly improving. He did fight for some balls and ended up with them.

The Consumate Showman
4/10/2006, 07:22 AM
Paul is what we would call a WR with some raw athleticism. He is big, strong, and fast. That should get him on the field quite a bit next year. Whether or not he starts is debateable. I think we all know that Iglesias will be a starter no doubt. I haven't heard many people comment on Kelly like I thought we would after he didn't do too much, but Malcolm is a little hurt right now, so I expect him to be back strong this fall. The question comes down to the third WR spot. Manuel Johnson did a lot more for us at WR last year, but Paul was still learning the position throughout the year. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see PT get some serious PT this year. He's a good guy and a good athlete. I think we'll all be impressed by him this year.

Soonerus
4/10/2006, 09:00 AM
Go Paul Go !!!!

Soonerus
4/10/2006, 09:01 AM
Go Paul Go !!!!!

CatfishSooner
4/10/2006, 09:09 AM
I RB throws it his way enough, he will have a bigg year...

OUGreg723
4/10/2006, 10:59 AM
http://www.justourkids.com/assignments/graphics/67838%20Huggies%20Pull-ups.jpg

picasso
4/10/2006, 11:06 AM
PT can catch. That's all I have to say. The man is going to start.
in practice anyway. he still has to prove it in the game.
that's why he disappeared late last year.

I'm pulling for him.