PDA

View Full Version : Someone needs to splain 2 things to our veteren QB.

85Sooner
4/8/2006, 03:19 PM
First off.

good job BUT

1. When you throw a scoring pass during the SPRING GAME you don't run down the field shaking a #1 sign. Save that for the real games.

2. If or when you throw an interception, it is proper form to go get the defender NOT throw your hands up in the air.

That is all.

sanantoniosooner
4/8/2006, 03:22 PM
First off.

good job BUT

1. When you throw a scoring pass during the SPRING GAME you don't run down the field shaking a #1 sign. Save that for the real games.

2. If or when you throw an interception, it is proper form to go get the defender NOT throw your hands up in the air.

That is all.

85Sooner
4/8/2006, 03:50 PM
He's a Veteren now?:D

Well, he ain't a rookie is he?

oumartin
4/8/2006, 04:18 PM
they don't want him tackling I'm sure but bomar is an immature QB right now. hopefully he'll get IT by fall.. still tons of raw talent without much savvy.

Flagstaffsooner
4/8/2006, 04:28 PM
they don't want him tackling I'm sure but bomar is an immature QB right now. hopefully he'll get IT by fall.. still tons of raw talent without much savvy.He didn't get IT when he was warned several times about drinking at the Ford. The kid worries me.

oumartin
4/8/2006, 04:30 PM
he worries me too flag.. I'd almost like to see Bob sit him down and tell him that he is now #2 on the depth chart until he shows leadership and the willingness to shut up and learn

Newbomb Turk
4/8/2006, 04:33 PM
I think you guys worry too much. ;)

oumartin
4/8/2006, 04:33 PM
me thinks you need a nap :D

Flagstaffsooner
4/8/2006, 04:34 PM
I would like to see the Boz come back, slap him across the face and read him the riot act.

OUinFLA
4/8/2006, 04:35 PM
he worries me too flag.. I'd almost like to see Bob sit him down and tell him that he is now #2 on the depth chart until he shows leadership and the willingness to shut up and learn

thats the ticket!
besides, we haven't had a Dad-rant in almost 8 months now.

oumartin
4/8/2006, 04:35 PM
who here is itching to see the old bozworth deoderant commercial?

Newbomb Turk
4/8/2006, 04:36 PM
me thinks you need a nap :D

I just woke up - I'm refreshed and ready to give you more crap!

Flagstaffsooner
4/8/2006, 04:37 PM
I think you guys worry too much. ;)That's our job as internet coaches. WTF else are we gonna do for the next 146 days?:D

Octavian
4/8/2006, 04:50 PM
He didn't get IT when he was warned several times about drinking at the Ford. The kid worries me.

me too. The boy has some Joe Don in him...

Flagstaffsooner
4/8/2006, 05:03 PM
me too. The boy has some Joe Don in him...I hope not.:(

picasso
4/8/2006, 10:26 PM
it's obvious he's the best we have. hope there's not any more nutty conversations concerning that subject.

Flagstaffsooner
4/8/2006, 11:02 PM
it's obvious he's the best we have. hope there's not any more nutty conversations concerning that subject.We're not nutty Picc, just psycopathic.:eddie:

FaninAma
4/10/2006, 07:53 AM
Rhett will pass for over 3000 yards this year if he doesn't get hurt.

TheUnnamedSooner
4/10/2006, 07:56 AM
I could use a nap

TheBigRedMachine
4/10/2006, 08:17 AM

Isn't this how Brent Rawls broke his hand in a practice a couple of years ago? :confused:

Well that, and that he was a moron. :P

OKC-SLC
4/10/2006, 08:27 AM
mmm, naps.

The Consumate Showman
4/10/2006, 10:37 AM
I think Rhett may be coming around a little. I think he understands that one more screw up might buy him a one-way ticket back to Grand Praire. He only has a couple months; I think he can put himself on lock-down until his 21st. I want to see him be more constructive with his recievers and not so gripey. He needs to learn that if he wants the guys to follow him, he's got to take hold of the reigns and start steering the wagons much like J. White did when he was here. Jason knew that he needed to show the guys that he could be trusted and he did that. He played consistently day in and day out and wasn't the kind of QB that yells and gripes out his recievers, RB's, and OL for not doing their jobs. Rhett has to realize that not everyone is perfect.....including himself, which may be the biggest hurdle for him to overcome.

MamaMia
4/10/2006, 11:02 AM
First off.

good job BUT

That is all.
__________________ Football Field Etiquette 101:P

FaninAma
4/10/2006, 11:40 AM
I think Rhett may be coming around a little. I think he understands that one more screw up might buy him a one-way ticket back to Grand Praire. He only has a couple months; I think he can put himself on lock-down until his 21st. I want to see him be more constructive with his recievers and not so gripey. He needs to learn that if he wants the guys to follow him, he's got to take hold of the reigns and start steering the wagons much like J. White did when he was here. Jason knew that he needed to show the guys that he could be trusted and he did that. He played consistently day in and day out and wasn't the kind of QB that yells and gripes out his recievers, RB's, and OL for not doing their jobs. Rhett has to realize that not everyone is perfect.....including himself, which may be the biggest hurdle for him to overcome.

Jason White is a poor example of how to lead a team. He did great when the Sooners were blowing teams away but he had no clue of what to do when the team got into a tough situation like the KSU, LSU and USC games at the end of the 2003 and 2004 seasons. I'd rather see a player who gets emotional and tries to fire up his fellow players.

OKC-SLC
4/10/2006, 11:40 AM
what in the hell is wrong with this site?

NormanPride
4/10/2006, 11:49 AM
what in the hell is wrong with this site?

Well, the response time is a bit slow, and the quick reply function is a bit wonky sometimes... oh, you meant right now? No clue. :D

Soonermagik
4/10/2006, 11:57 AM
Brett Romar may be the greatest QB to ever play. That is all.

Herr Scholz
4/10/2006, 12:02 PM
Jason White is a poor example of how to lead a team. He did great when the Sooners were blowing teams away but he had no clue of what to do when the team got into a tough situation like the KSU, LSU and USC games at the end of the 2003 and 2004 seasons. I'd rather see a player who gets emotional and tries to fire up his fellow players.
Didn't Vince Young get villified over here for saying this exact thing? ;)

OKC-SLC
4/10/2006, 12:09 PM
Didn't Vince Young get villified over here for saying this exact thing? ;)
Vince has been villified here for a lot of things, being an enormous phaggot is one for sure. But it's a bit different when a QB makes those statements about a fellow QB whom VY had never beaten and would never have to face again.

Besides, Herr, you know as well as any of us that VY hadn't shown a glimmer of leadership until this year.

Herr Scholz
4/10/2006, 05:18 PM
Besides, Herr, you know as well as any of us that VY hadn't shown a glimmer of leadership until this year.
From the '04 season? The Rose Bowl vs. Michigan (400 yds and 5 TDs) was a pretty decent performance if you ask me. Also, we only lost 1 game the whole year. 11-1 and a BCS win isn't shabby.

TheGodfather889
4/10/2006, 05:22 PM
From the '04 season? The Rose Bowl vs. Michigan (400 yds and 5 TDs) was a pretty decent performance if you ask me. Also, we only lost 1 game the whole year. 11-1 and a BCS win isn't shabby.

Hook 'em

PDXsooner
4/10/2006, 05:27 PM
white showed decent leadership when he was busy pasting the whorns 65-13 in 2003...

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/10/2006, 05:46 PM
How many times did Jason lose to the whorns again????? I like Bomar's emotions, he is the first person to show emotions at qb for OU in a while.

mdklatt
4/10/2006, 05:46 PM
white showed decent leadership when he was busy pasting the whorns 65-13 in 2003...

There's no need to beat a dead cow...everybody already agrees that White didn't have a problem leading the team against cupcakes.

TheGodfather889
4/10/2006, 05:47 PM
How about the 2004 Texas A&M game? OU was down by 2 touchdowns 3 different times! But Jason played the game of his life and just kept bringing the team back. He threw for about 290 yards and 5 touchdowns in the 42-35 win over Texas A&M in Kyle Field.

Octavian
4/10/2006, 05:52 PM

To be fair, Jason wasn't in that many close games. His time at OU featured him on the sidelines signing t-shirts during most 4th quarters. But he was in some close games that he played big time and lead OU to a win.

He didn't seem to have leadership problems against Texas in the first game of his career. Came in unexpectedly (in a RRS environment no less) and OU won a top5 matchup.

In Tuscaloosa JW threw a beautiful TD bomb after the fake punt that provided enough cushion for the win. Tossed 3 (IIRC) TDs in a 3 pt win in Stillwater. He threw five TDs at A&M to lead us in a 3pt double-digit- comeback win over aggy.

His injuries in late 03 have been discussed ad nauseum and Joe Montana couldn't have beat USC that night in Miami. His legacy will probably always be: Jason never won the big one...but he was a Heisman winner and certainly not a "poor example of how to lead a team"

edit: he was signing autographs in so many 4th quarters b/c kids had been watching him slice up secondaries for the first 3

bonkuba
4/10/2006, 05:52 PM
How about the 2004 Texas A&M game? OU was down by 2 touchdowns 3 different times! But Jason played the game of his life and just kept bringing the team back. He threw for about 290 yards and 5 touchdowns in the 42-35 win over Texas A&M in Kyle Field.

I was thinking the same thing......he showed a lot of leadership in that game.

Big Red Ron
4/10/2006, 06:24 PM
11-0u My first attempt at the "Fixed it" genre. And now, my first twinky usage.:twinkies:

GDC
4/10/2006, 06:42 PM
Hook 'em =1-3 against OU with VY on campus

TexasBoomer
4/10/2006, 07:01 PM
Do you think Jason would be the starting QB if he were still elgible?
Stated another way could he beat Bomar for the starting QB position?

Jason was one of best QB's ever to play for OU! Just look at his stats and wins.

As to the loss of big games I believe the coaches didn't have the team and the coaches ready to play.

tennsooner
4/11/2006, 04:07 AM
Does everyone here forget seeing Vinnie boy pouting several times during the season?