PDA

View Full Version : So it turns out UNL will turn down free publicity

royalfan5
4/8/2006, 11:03 AM
I didn't that would happen after Tommy Lee came to town.
http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2006/04/08/top_story/extras/doc4436f056b77d7840262681.txt

Anyway making a movie about some loser who works in a gas station in the shadow of Memorial stadium, hates football, is terrorized by a large football fan, and can't leave his unemployed mom, has a disfiguring disease, and his only friend has alzheimers, but a beautiful girl shows him life is worth living sounds pretty lame to me.

Flagstaffsooner
4/8/2006, 03:29 PM
But last week, UNL officials said no to using the “N” or any other protected and trademarked images associated with the university or its storied football program.
Neb trademarked the letter "N"? Someboby tell those f'n hillbillies at Sesame Street.

She said the script depicts a cold, gray, snowy Nebraska, a land of “no opportunity.” The characters are troubled, she said, and generally want to leave for greener pastures.
Sounds like it hit the mark to me.

royalfan5
4/8/2006, 03:33 PM
Neb trademarked the letter "N"? Someboby tell those f'n hillbillies at Sesame Street.

Sounds like it hit the mark to me.
It barely snowed this year. And by trademark on the letter "N", they mean the Nebraska N for the helmets, much like OU would be upset if somebody used the Oklahoma logo in a production without licensining.

Flagstaffsooner
4/8/2006, 04:03 PM
The OU interlock is different than just a plain block N.
I'm just razzing you Pal. I respect NU for not taking the bucks on a second rate Hollywood crap job.

SoonerInKCMO
4/8/2006, 09:32 PM
The OU interlock is different than just a plain block N.
I'm just razzing you Pal. I respect NU for not taking the bucks on a second rate Hollywood crap job.

But the script is still right with the "cold, gray ... no opportunity" stuff. ;)

royalfan5
4/8/2006, 11:10 PM
But the script is still right with the "cold, gray ... no opportunity" stuff. ;)
It's was sunny and cold this year, thank you very much.