PDA

View Full Version : Brett Farve holds press conference...........

Sooner24
4/8/2006, 08:38 AM
Let everyone know he still hasn't decided what to do. :rolleyes:

I think you need to get off the pot Brett, because someone else might need to go.

Flagstaffsooner
4/8/2006, 08:48 AM
Give me more bucks.

The NFL chant.

The Consumate Showman
4/8/2006, 08:58 AM
The lamest press conf. to date. Just come back Brett and quit making this so dramatic!

TheUnnamedSooner
4/8/2006, 09:19 AM
If he decides not to come back, I will have lost all respect for him. Way to be a part of the team. I mean if you're going to retire, do it at the end of a season, not half-way through the off-season!

Jimminy Crimson
4/8/2006, 09:46 AM
I decided not to shave and still wear braces.[/Favre]

sooner518
4/8/2006, 09:54 AM
"No change. I don't know, once again," Favre said at a brief news conference Saturday from the site of his charity golf tournament. "I don't know why you guys wasted a trip down here. The Packers and I will make a decision at some point soon."

They probabaly wasted a trip down there because you were holding a press conference, Brett. What did you expect them to do?

StoopTroup
4/8/2006, 10:07 AM
Maybe Mary could help him make a decision...

http://mat.advel.cz/mat/img/nov199901m.jpg

SoonerObsession
4/8/2006, 10:09 AM
This really irritates me. Brett Favre has always been one of my favorite qb's becuase of his toughness and willingness to put his body on the line for his team. But delaying his decision is not fair to his team. I'm not a Greenbay fan either. I just hate to see this!

sooneron
4/8/2006, 10:14 AM
Fer chrissakes Brett! Pop a vicodin and suit up already!

Scott D
4/8/2006, 10:31 AM
I agree with Chmura about him.....hypocritical selfish bastage. :)

stonecoldsoonerfan
4/8/2006, 10:47 AM
this guys is worse than garth brooks saying "this is my last tour" for the thousandth time.

sooneron
4/8/2006, 10:48 AM
I agree with Chmura about .....high school girls - they rawk!
heh:texan:

WisconsinSooner
4/8/2006, 05:38 PM
1. Brett always holds a press conference the weekend of his charity golfing event every year. He never said he was ready to announce his decision. Another media creation.

2. Brett's indecision has had absolutely NO effect on what the Pack have done to date. None. There were no free agent quarterbacks the Packers were interested in signing. He does however need to make a decision before the draft.

3. He doesn't need the money nor does he want more money. To say he's hasn't announced a decision yet because he wants more money is moronic and shows a complete lack of knowledge of the situation.

4. He's earned the right to take this time to decide. He is the poster boy for the league and what's good about the NFL. He's a 3 time MVP. He's a superbowl champion quarterback and was a big part of bringing a title back to titletown for the first time in 30 years. And he's one of the toughest if not the toughest guy to ever play his position.

5. He's never retired so how can he be compared to Garth Brooks, the Stones or anyone else who said it was there last tour then come back for "one more".

6. He took a beating last year, plain and simple. He wants to play but doesn't want to through what he went through last year. He has given the team one last chance to show they will put together a competetive team and to date they have done nothing. He doesn't want to get up from a sack, or interception in the 5th game of the season and wonder to himself what in the f*$K was I thinking coming back for this. And for one I don't blame him.

Pro athletes only get one shot to live that life. To be the guy, to walk out that tunnel and hear the roar of 60k+ fans screaming their names. To get paid for playing a game they love. Who are any of us to tell him when that life is over? He can still physically play the game and he still loves the game. None of us have earned the right to tell him what he has to do or what he should do.

As long as he's not hurting the team he's earned this time and he's done nothing so far to hurt the team.

And if your sick of the media coverage of his decision or lack thereof blame the media, not Brett.

sanantoniosooner
4/8/2006, 05:43 PM
Most of the Favre haters happen to be Cowboy fans I'd reckon:D

SCOUT
4/8/2006, 05:56 PM
I am a Cowboy fan but I agree with pretty much everything WisconsinSooner said.

WisconsinSooner
4/8/2006, 05:56 PM

agreed :D

stonecoldsoonerfan
4/8/2006, 06:02 PM
5. He's never retired so how can he be compared to Garth Brooks, the Stones or anyone else who said it was there last tour then come back for "one more".

the point being that this seems to be an ongoing, perennial with him. and you can't blame the media for all the attention. having a press conference to tell everyone there's "no decision" is pretty ridiculous to me.

StoopTroup
4/8/2006, 06:05 PM
Since Dallas doesn't play Green Bay this year, Farve is pretty much in the clear of having TRRW end his career.

I say "pretty much" as there really is no possibility of GB making the playoffs. :D

Brett should go ahead and commit to playing IMO.

It will help his getting into the HOF, especially if he gets killed OPENING DAY against the BEARS!

WisconsinSooner
4/8/2006, 06:25 PM
the point being that this seems to be an ongoing, perennial with him. and you can't blame the media for all the attention. having a press conference to tell everyone there's "no decision" is pretty ridiculous to me.

Again, he holds a press conference each year before his charity golf event. He didn't call the press conference to announce he hasn't made a decision. From what I have read someone in the media was told to expect a scoop at this press conference and the media, like the whores they are, jumped all over it. Although the headline on the ESPN website yesterday was "Farve May Announce his Decision during Tomorrows Press Conference."

boomersooner28
4/8/2006, 08:18 PM
FWIW I just had a dream I had sex with Pam Anderson...back to sleep.

stonecoldsoonerfan
4/8/2006, 09:45 PM
Again, he holds a press conference each year before his charity golf event. He didn't call the press conference to announce he hasn't made a decision. From what I have read someone in the media was told to expect a scoop at this press conference and the media, like the whores they are, jumped all over it. Although the headline on the ESPN website yesterday was "Farve May Announce his Decision during Tomorrows Press Conference."

and again, mentioning you haven't decided in any press conference is pretty senseless to me.

sanantoniosooner
4/8/2006, 09:46 PM
and again, mentioning you haven't decided in any press conference is pretty senseless to me.
so if somebody asks, what should be your reply.......assuming you haven't decided?

stonecoldsoonerfan
4/8/2006, 09:49 PM
tell them you're not there to talk about that. you do have that option, you know.

Newbomb Turk
4/8/2006, 09:54 PM
I guess I don't see why people here are so bent out of shape about it.

sanantoniosooner
4/8/2006, 09:57 PM
tell them you're not there to talk about that. you do have that option, you know.
and that's a significantly better option than saying "I don't know yet"?

I think it's just playa hating.

stonecoldsoonerfan
4/8/2006, 10:32 PM
everyone's entitled to their opinion. you all have fun with this thread.

SoonerDood
4/9/2006, 07:54 AM
or 49er fans

Okieflyer
4/9/2006, 08:23 AM
I just want to know how heavy is a press conference? And if he could hold one why would he retire?

Scott D
4/9/2006, 12:31 PM
hah...I'm not a Favre hater, but he needs to either tell the Packers to **** and get off the pot, or he needs to do it for them. You can't convince me that his "What are they gonna do? Release me?" comment wasn't condescending at all.

The Packers are going to suck no matter what changes they make, and that's a simple fact. It's not like their defense is magically going to stop anyone.

WisconsinSooner
4/11/2006, 11:53 PM
hah...I'm not a Favre hater, but he needs to either tell the Packers to **** and get off the pot, or he needs to do it for them. You can't convince me that his "What are they gonna do? Release me?" comment wasn't condescending at all.

The Packers are going to suck no matter what changes they make, and that's a simple fact. It's not like their defense is magically going to stop anyone.

I was going to let this go but illogical arguments grate on me. First you say Favre need to make a decision. For one why? Why does he need to make a decision? (Other than you think he does which is all well and good, I’ll let Brett know that you think he needs to make a decision) Then in your last paragraph you say the Packers are going to suck regardless of whether or not Favre comes back. Don't you think that's why he hasn't made his decision, for exactly that reason? So in essence, you are agreeing that the premise, that the Packers need help but then bashing Favre for waiting and hoping the front office does something to make the team better?

As for saying the comment he made was condescending it wasn’t taken that way by anyone here. Of course we saw the entire interview putting the barb in context and not just a line in the newspaper or a 5 second clip on ESPN. The comment was vintage Favre making a joke and trying to make light of the situation.

Jason White's Third Knee
4/12/2006, 12:39 AM
None of us have earned the right to tell him what he has to do or what he should do.

That may be true, but I have certainly earned the right to bitch about it on a message board, if I so choose.

I think people are getting mad at Favre because he looks so bitter in most of his interviews lately. It's not his usual charisma.

WisconsinSooner
4/12/2006, 12:43 AM
That may be true, but I have certainly earned the right to bitch about it on a message board, if I so choose.

I think people are getting mad at Favre because he looks so bitter in most of his interviews lately. It's not his usual charisma.

So I am still confused as to what exactly there is to bitch about. Who cares if he hasn't made a decision.

Jason White's Third Knee
4/12/2006, 01:51 AM
So I am still confused as to what exactly there is to bitch about. Who cares if he hasn't made a decision.

I bitch about stuff all the time. The subject isn't the issue. I just want to bitch about something.

WisconsinSooner
4/12/2006, 08:49 AM
I just want to bitch about something.

That I can appreciate. :)

Scott D
4/12/2006, 03:01 PM
I was going to let this go but illogical arguments grate on me. First you say Favre need to make a decision. For one why? Why does he need to make a decision? (Other than you think he does which is all well and good, I’ll let Brett know that you think he needs to make a decision) Then in your last paragraph you say the Packers are going to suck regardless of whether or not Favre comes back. Don't you think that's why he hasn't made his decision, for exactly that reason? So in essence, you are agreeing that the premise, that the Packers need help but then bashing Favre for waiting and hoping the front office does something to make the team better?

As for saying the comment he made was condescending it wasn’t taken that way by anyone here. Of course we saw the entire interview putting the barb in context and not just a line in the newspaper or a 5 second clip on ESPN. The comment was vintage Favre making a joke and trying to make light of the situation.

So instead, you as a Packers fan are content with this vicious cycle going on? Favre allegedly not making a decision until the Packers show they are willing to do something to put a better product on the field..and the Packers apparently not doing anything until they know what Favre will do. So realistically with that paradox, this is something that will go on for eternity or at least until Favre dies unless he makes the decision. Unless you are willing to continue to place faith in the Packers GM who hasn't exactly lit up the world with his free agency moves the past few years.

As for the way the comment was taken. I don't think anyone up there would think all that ill of Favre short of him having a rant about Wisconsin and specifically Green Bay being the worst crap hole on the planet...or signing with the Bears ;)

fwsooner22
4/12/2006, 03:05 PM
Yawn...........who cares..............The Packers are going to stink!!!!!!!!!!!!

WisconsinSooner
4/12/2006, 05:26 PM
So instead, you as a Packers fan are content with this vicious cycle going on? Favre allegedly not making a decision until the Packers show they are willing to do something to put a better product on the field..and the Packers apparently not doing anything until they know what Favre will do. So realistically with that paradox, this is something that will go on for eternity or at least until Favre dies unless he makes the decision. Unless you are willing to continue to place faith in the Packers GM who hasn't exactly lit up the world with his free agency moves the past few years.

As for the way the comment was taken. I don't think anyone up there would think all that ill of Favre short of him having a rant about Wisconsin and specifically Green Bay being the worst crap hole on the planet...or signing with the Bears ;)

Believe me, the Packers haven't been waiting on Favre to do anything. I think Ted Thompson is just incapable of making a move. Hopefully he will prove me wrong and sign LaVar Arrington but I'm not holding my breath. Even if the Packers add defense the O'line has deteriorated to a point beyond repair. (Losing 2 all pro guards and a center in two years) I honestly don't know what there is for Brett to consider but maybe he is more of an optimist than I.

As for Favre signing with the Bears. :eek: The Bears could, however, certainly use a quarterback. And Green Bay is a beautiful city. Summer is just a little short. :D And if you're in Detroit you have no room to be talking smalk about any town being a crap whole. All other cities in the US, Canada and Western Europe are comparatively gardens of eden. ;)