PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching Discovery

Jerk
4/7/2006, 10:04 PM
about the Katrina damage to gulf coast oil platforms? They're documenting how fast the oil companies went in and repaired them. It's unreal how fast they re-establish production. It just goes to show what can be done when money is no object.

leftfield
4/7/2006, 10:28 PM
i am now, thanks

soonernation
4/8/2006, 09:07 AM
about the Katrina damage to gulf coast oil platforms? They're documenting how fast the oil companies went in and repaired them. It's unreal how fast they re-establish production. It just goes to show what can be done when money is no object.

They had to go repair them as quick as possible. Had they taken their time YOU would have started a thread about how slow they were to react and how much damage to the environment they caused by not reacting fast enough. With people like you it's damned if you do and damned if you don't when it comes to the oil industry.

Jerk
4/8/2006, 09:30 AM
They had to go repair them as quick as possible. Had they taken their time YOU would have started a thread about how slow they were to react and how much damage to the environment they caused by not reacting fast enough. With people like you it's damned if you do and damned if you don't when it comes to the oil industry.

WTF dude? I didn't mean to **** in your corn flakes. My dad actually puts rigs together in Oklahoma City, and makes an arse-load of money doing it. I'm actually one of those people who believe that oil prices are because of supply and demand, and not some Bush-Cheney conspiracy. Sure, there are other factors, like futures markets, environmental regs, taxes. But if people want lower prices on oil, they need to quit buying all the "made in China" crap.

I posted the thread because I think they do amazing things with those off-shore platforms.

StoopTroup
4/8/2006, 09:32 AM
We should build off-shore oil rigs on Grand Lake.

Jerk
4/8/2006, 09:34 AM
We should build off-shore oil rigs on Grand Lake.

I'm all for it, if I work there and it's within veiw of Dripping Springs.

StoopTroup
4/8/2006, 09:37 AM
I'm all for it, if I work there and it's within veiw of Dripping Springs.
HEH! How about in Dripping Springs near the vineyard. The after work parties would probably rule.

http://www.summersidevineyards.com/images/labels/Dripping-Springs2.jpg

Jerk
4/8/2006, 10:26 AM
HEH! How about in Dripping Springs near the vineyard. The after work parties would probably rule.

http://www.summersidevineyards.com/images/labels/Dripping-Springs2.jpg

I love Dripping Springs. I saw my first naked woman there.

KABOOKIE
4/8/2006, 08:43 PM
WTF dude? I didn't mean to **** in your corn flakes. My dad actually puts rigs together in Oklahoma City, and makes an arse-load of money doing it. I'm actually one of those people who believe that oil prices are because of supply and demand, and not some Bush-Cheney conspiracy. Sure, there are other factors, like futures markets, environmental regs, taxes. But if people want lower prices on oil, they need to quit buying all the "made in China" crap.

I posted the thread because I think they do amazing things with those off-shore platforms.

Man, not even an apology. His sig seems appropriate though.....

On a test on which a score of 10 is deemed "literate," Young was rumored to have scored a 6. So for a couple of days, Young was subjected to the embarrassment of people questioning whether he was literally retarded.

soonernation
4/8/2006, 10:51 PM
Man, not even an apology. His sig seems appropriate though.....

Exactly what do I owe him an apology for?

Jerk
4/8/2006, 11:08 PM

You're so far off, it's not even funny. You don't know anything about me, my background, my beliefs, etc. I don't need an apology from you, but damnit, if you're going to read what I post, don't take it out of context and invent things that I'd say and wouldn't say in certain hypotheticals. "If they wouldn't have gotten them done fast enough, people like YOU..." Whatever, dude. I drive my car maybe 3 miles a day. This whole thing doesn't really affect me at all, but it is making my dad a very rich man. And I'm happy for him. I grew up oil field trash and saw my dad make a buttload of money in the early 1980's only to lose it in the penn square debacle. I'm actually very happy my father is getting one more oil boom before he retires, because there were times I didn't think he'd ever become that successful again. Now in 3 or 4 years, he will be able to do whatever he wants to- buy a boat, sail away, or return to flying his own private airplane.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/8/2006, 11:11 PM
about the Katrina damage to gulf coast oil platforms? They're documenting how fast the oil companies went in and repaired them. It's unreal how fast they re-establish production. It just goes to show what can be done when money is no object.Mebbe you shoulda said something like "Look what can be done when you have the incentive of making money and/or cutting your losses, and you're under just one command(the last part is an assumption only)."

Jerk
4/8/2006, 11:19 PM
Mebbe you shoulda said something like "Look what can be done when you have the incentive of making money and/or cutting your losses, and you're under just one command(the last part is an assumption only)."

The reason I worded it like I did is because it reminded me of the post-1994(?) Los Anglelos earthquake that destroyed one of their major freeways. Inititial estimates said it would take "years" to rebuild, but the government put a boat load of money into rebuilding it, as well as removing the enviro regs, affirmative action, other gov't red tape that slows stuff down, and they got that highway rebuilt in record time. Now the oil companies are doing an amazing job of rebuilding their off-shore platforms, and the main reason is because "money is no object."

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/8/2006, 11:36 PM
The reason I worded it like I did is because it reminded me of the post-1994(?) Los Anglelos earthquake that destroyed one of their major freeways. Inititial estimates said it would take "years" to rebuild, but the government put a boat load of money into rebuilding it, as well as removing the enviro regs, affirmative action, other gov't red tape that slows stuff down, and they got that highway rebuilt in record time. Now the oil companies are doing an amazing job of rebuilding their off-shore platforms, and the main reason is because "money is no object."And, they are apparently not burdened by unnecessary regs, restrictions, impediments, bulls*it and the like.