PDA

View Full Version : Need advice from you smart ppl

Jerk
4/7/2006, 09:05 PM
...because alot of you are college grads, and I'm just a truck driver.

Here's a hypothetical- ain't no way it's a true story: These two truckers have a certain run between two large cities about 90 miles apart, and they go back and forth on the hypothetical "make-believe" toll road that connects these two large cities. These 2 truck drivers are very bored of the same old route day in and day out, so they come up with an idea to pass the time: antoginise the shi* out of other truckers. They play obnoxious recordings over and over, key over others when they need to talk, cuss people out, denigrate people, degrade people, harrass people, slander people, make fun of people, cut people off, flip people off, and every other rude and diabolicle act known to their ilk.

So, here's my question: Say, some fat bubba redneck driver knows where these two a$$ clowns park their truck (at a private facility owned by a company) and "bubba" wants to do something to, er, "make a statement." So, one night, "bubba" goes on to the private property with a pair of wire cutters, and cuts the coaxial cables on each truck, doing appox. $36 in damages. If somehow "Bubba" got caught, what would be the legal ramifications? Felony? Yeah or nay?

Jerk
4/7/2006, 09:07 PM
oh, and p.s.

Is anyone here an employee of the Federal Communications Commission?

Is anyone here an Oklahoma State Trooper?

Newbomb Turk
4/7/2006, 09:20 PM
Felony - Lock the Jerk up.

TopDaugIn2000
4/7/2006, 09:24 PM
have a camry cross the center line and smack em.

that'll show em.

SicEmBaylor
4/7/2006, 09:24 PM
I say it's only a crime if you get caught. :D

oumartin
4/7/2006, 09:25 PM
count me out.

olevetonahill
4/7/2006, 09:26 PM
dont get caught = No problem ;)

oumartin
4/7/2006, 09:28 PM
oh, so these two town are OKC and Tulsa and they are putting people in danger it appears to me. I'm guessing you cutting their coaxial didn't cause any danger?

you wanna let me know the time these suckas are on the turnpike I'll head down that way and videotape their azzes.

Jerk
4/7/2006, 09:46 PM
oh, so these two town are OKC and Tulsa and they are putting people in danger it appears to me. I'm guessing you cutting their coaxial didn't cause any danger?

you wanna let me know the time these suckas are on the turnpike I'll head down that way and videotape their azzes.

Every day mon-sat. A recorder would be more useful. I don't think they're driving dangerously, fast, but not reckless. They're just harrasing everyone and alot of the regular dudes who make that run are getting sick of it.

OUinFLA
4/7/2006, 09:47 PM
Roger that FBRD:one of the board EE's needs to tell ya how to build an RF intensifier that will shoot a short burst at their CB antenna. Needs to be line of sight, and ought to fry their hi tech communicators. Over

oumartin
4/7/2006, 09:54 PM
so, inform their companies about their actions and ask them to monitor their on air conversations. I'm sure they have their ways..
I'm glad they dont' drive reckless cuz thats one stretch of turnpike that is ultra dangerous. did they ever get that freakin' construction done on the turnpike going into tulsa? I aint been on that turnpike in a couple years.

Jerk
4/7/2006, 09:58 PM
so, inform their companies about their actions and ask them to monitor their on air conversations. I'm sure they have their ways..
I'm glad they dont' drive reckless cuz thats one stretch of turnpike that is ultra dangerous. did they ever get that freakin' construction done on the turnpike going into tulsa? I aint been on that turnpike in a couple years.

Exit 215 (Sapulpa to Creek Turnpike) is being widened to 3 lanes.

I have seen alot of fatal wrecks on that highway, and I'd have to say the most deaths occur between OKC and Wellston. (136 to 158)

OUinFLA - you serious? How hard (and expensive) is that to do?

yermom
4/7/2006, 10:04 PM
does it still narrow to one lane at some point?

i've done it so many times i barely notice anymore

are they doing anything illegal or are they just *******s?

Jerk
4/7/2006, 10:10 PM
does it still narrow to one lane at some point?

i've done it so many times i barely notice anymore

are they doing anything illegal or are they just *******s?

The east bound lane narrows to one lane at the Sapulpa exit until you get to the Creek Turnpike.

They aren't doing anything illegal unless you consider breaking federal communications laws illegal- which is hardly ever enforced on the Citizens Band.

OUinFLA
4/7/2006, 10:16 PM
Actually, martin has the best idea, and in case they are independents, you might try making a complaint to the FCC. Perhaps if several of your fellow drivers would collectively make a complaint, you would have a decent chance of the FCC taking some action.
CB's are regulated by the FCC and they have some rather strict, but rarely enforced, laws regarding the use of CB's regarding language and proceedure.
Granted they are rarely called on to do anything about the millions of CB's in use around the country, those laws do exist, and the penalties can sometimes be very stiff.
I would try this approach and the notify their company approach before any individual action.....................like beating the crap out of them.(I think that is actually illegal as well)

yermom
4/7/2006, 10:20 PM
who enforces FCC stuff?

i guess if you know who they are, they have said indentifying stuff on the radio? record them :D

it sounds like sneaking into where they park would likely be trespassing as well, i'm not sure what the penalty would be with the vandalism

if nothing else you could play back the incriminating stuff over the CB to let them know you know who they are and to STFU or you'll send a copy to their bosses and the FCC

i'm sure their company wouldn't like them representing them that way, especially if the mention the company in any of this

OUinFLA
4/7/2006, 10:25 PM
I guess you could just accidently break their antenna while they were in chowing down. I think that might be illegal too. Wire cutters have caused more antenna accidents than falling tree limbs.

Jerk
4/7/2006, 10:29 PM
OK guys, thanks for the advice.

I think I'll start by calling their employer.

opksooner
4/7/2006, 10:40 PM
OK guys, thanks for the advice.

I think I'll start by calling their employer. Oh......it was you all along!! Son-of-a-gun!!!!!

oumartin
4/7/2006, 10:43 PM
got ourselves a regular sherlock holmes here people ;)

Jimminy Crimson
4/7/2006, 10:52 PM
Call Brian Bates! :texan:

oumartin
4/7/2006, 10:56 PM
he'd only show up if there was a street walker in the truck with them and then get off on it.

OUinFLA
4/7/2006, 10:58 PM
Oh......it was you all along!! Son-of-a-gun!!!!!

dang it opk, it's hard enough to keep something secret on this board without you just blurting out what everyone else is trying so hard to be discrete about!

:D

Jimminy Crimson
4/7/2006, 11:05 PM
he'd only show up if there was a street walker in the truck with them and then get off on it.

you can always tell him there are some lot lizards involved and you could get something on tape. :D

Vaevictis
4/7/2006, 11:15 PM
Felony? Yeah or nay?

That's probably at *least* destruction of property and trespass (if posted). I don't think that either of those rise to the level of felony, but that's something you really ought to ask a lawyer or read up in the statutes on. Things get even worse if the property has a locked fence and you have to B&E.

It might make you feel good, but it's not really a solution. It's not like you can keep doing it over and over if their ******-baggery continues, because eventually you get caught.

Roger that FBRD:one of the board EE's needs to tell ya how to build an RF intensifier that will shoot a short burst at their CB antenna. Needs to be line of sight, and ought to fry their hi tech communicators. Over

According to my understanding such an action *is* a felony. Hard to get caught, however, especially if you make sure to only do it one time and dispose of the equipment after.

Personally, I would try legal avenues first. Call the employer. Make complaints to appropriate state officials. Make complaints to appropriate federal officials (being that the feds police the CB bands).

I would also suggest that you consider pursuing disturbing the peace, harassment, etc complaints. It's not like you can do that sh*t yelling at random people on the street right? Why should doing it over public CB radio waves be any different?

SicEmBaylor
4/7/2006, 11:28 PM
Don't let these bozos spoil your fun. I say go for it and don't get caught. :D

GottaHavePride
4/8/2006, 12:29 AM
Have we considered truck-mounted potato cannons yet? Because I thik that is clearly the best option.

yermom
4/8/2006, 12:40 AM
yeah potato cannons...

Jimminy Crimson
4/8/2006, 12:43 AM
You could rig up something on your truck to squirt out some oil on the road. ;)

SOONER44EVER
4/8/2006, 02:25 AM
Call the highway patrol and tell them they are hauling cocaine, marijuana, kidnapped children, etc. Do it often. :D

Find out their home phone numbers and have a woman call at all hours of the night and day asking for her child support.

:D

Zbird
5/6/2006, 09:19 PM
No need to cut coax, just insert stainless steel needle thru center of coax, shorting Ground braid to signal wire. Clip off exposed ends. VERY difficult to detect - usually blows final.

Porter Goss told me about it. :D Guess it cost him his job for betraying CIA secrets

Jerk
5/6/2006, 11:17 PM
No need to cut coax, just insert stainless steel needle thru center of coax, shorting Ground braid to signal wire. Clip off exposed ends. VERY difficult to detect - usually blows final.

Porter Goss told me about it. :D Guess it cost him his job for betraying CIA secrets

LOL this is the best one yet. Thanks!