PDA

View Full Version : Dionnah Jackson is now playing in Switzerland

ouflak
4/7/2006, 07:46 PM
Apparently was picked up recently by a team called Université BC Neuchâtel and scored 23 points in just her second game with the team, if my terrible French is right. Hope she's enjoying Europe. She needs to find a way to get onto a team here in England.

oumartin
4/7/2006, 07:50 PM
did she not make it in the WNBA? I hope she rocks over there and gets a chance to make her mark in the WNBA

ouflak
4/8/2006, 05:01 AM
She was drafted by the Sacramento Monarchs but didn't make their final roster. She then went on to work for OU for a bit. Then she started the European play about 4 months ago, I believe in Poland.

I don't know if she needs to play in the WNBA. Certainly she might like to be closer to home and her native culture, a feeling I well understand. But a year of basketball in Europe can easily net her three or four times as much pay as the average player in the WNBA makes in that same year, maybe more. She might have to occassionally wear somewhat skimpier basketball uniforms, but that's part of the job, and she'll get to see Europe.

From what I've heard, she should avoid playing in Greece. But if she gets a shot at playing in Ibiza, Spain, go for it, as apparently they treat these lady player royally there.

Now if she would just get picked up by a team in England or even France, I could go see her play. Switzerland is still a bit too far out for me to be able to make a day trip out of it.

Dio
4/8/2006, 05:51 PM
From what I've heard, she should avoid playing in Greece.

Insert gratuitous SO "pooper" reference here