PDA

View Full Version : Camp Kickapoo

Flagstaffsooner
4/7/2006, 05:07 PM
Anyone ever camp there as a kid in the BSA? That fire in SW OKC sounds near there. Is the camp in danger? Be a Gary England and keep me informed.

OUHOMER
4/7/2006, 05:25 PM
fire is to the east about 1/2 mile from what i understand. I will drive by tomorrow and look for ya if you like?

TUSooner
4/7/2006, 05:30 PM
"Kickapoo" (the word, not the camp) has always made me smile since the first time I heard it. I think about it every time I'm walking in a yard where a dog has been.

Flagstaffsooner
4/7/2006, 05:31 PM
fire is to the east about 1/2 mile from what i understand. I will drive by tomorrow and look for ya if you like?
Don't go out of your way but any info will be appreciated. Thanks.

OUHOMER
4/7/2006, 05:38 PM
A friend of mine lived right around the corner from the camp. hell i had friends that surrounded the camp. went to school with the camp directors kids.

All the good times of the south canadian river.. we used to sneak into the camp all the time. I also camped there as a BS...

What fun times:D

I may just drive by tomorrow after work

Flagstaffsooner
4/7/2006, 06:01 PM
I have fond memories of "Green Briar", "Trails End" and "Buzzard's Roost".

Newbomb Turk
4/7/2006, 06:04 PM
Just watched the news story on 2 local channels - neither mentioned Kickapoo. The fires are contained now.

Flagstaffsooner
4/7/2006, 06:07 PM
Just watched the news story on 2 local channels - neither mentioned Kickapoo. The fires are contained now.
Good. Thank you. As I remember the camp had alot of cedar and scrub oak. Lost my watch in the river in 1969 in case anyone finds it.:D