oumartin
4/7/2006, 04:50 PM
oh goodie

The Consumate Showman
4/7/2006, 04:50 PM
DAMN it! Hurry up Joe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rock Hard Corn Frog
4/7/2006, 04:57 PM
It would have been a suprise if other schools ever really stopped recruiting him. I still want Joe C to hire the right coach, even if it takes a while. I'm excited about having Scottie but New Coach > any single recruit.

OKC-SLC
4/7/2006, 05:03 PM
New Coach > any single recruit.
word.

Newbomb Turk
4/7/2006, 05:22 PM
He ain't goin anywhere.

soonerfan247
4/7/2006, 05:30 PM
He can go somewhere else if he wants to sit out a year before getting to play.

OUGreg723
4/7/2006, 06:14 PM
GUYS...Dont worry about it.

OUGreg723
4/7/2006, 06:21 PM
He isnt talking to anybody. They are trying to talk to him. Mostly talking to Caoch Hall (our coach), to tell them they are very interested if things at OU don't work out. He hasnt responded to anyone. He is waiting to see how it plays out. When he sees who we hire, he'll get to know the new coach.

I mean it is an All-American that is potentially on the market. We expected this. He's been talking with Joe alot on the phone, and it is one of Joe's TOP priorities keeping Scottie around. The kid wants to be a Sooner as much as he ever did. There were lots of reasons why he picked OU besides Kelvin.

Another plus for us is that Damion James promised he is still coming to OU...Scottie and Damion are like best friends.

I'll make sure I'll do my part to keep him a Sooner aswell. But If we dont make the right hire, and things arent looking good, could you blame him for wanting to leave? I just want whats best for him and I think OU will still offer that no matter what.

I'll keep you guys posted about anything that happens. No news is good news.

william_brasky
4/7/2006, 06:38 PM
...Scottie and Damion are like best friends.

like are you serious? :P

OUGreg723
4/7/2006, 06:40 PM
like are you serious? :P

WHY YOU SON OF A....;)

SpiderInMyPeanuts
4/7/2006, 06:41 PM
If he asks for a release from his letter of intent it is my understanding that OU must honor that. Also if he decides to attend elsewhere that he will NOT have to sit out a year. Is this correct?

william_brasky
4/7/2006, 06:44 PM
If he asks for a release from his letter of intent it is my understanding that OU must honor that. Also if he decides to attend elsewhere that he will NOT have to sit out a year. Is this correct?

Elsewhere U. or Elsewhere State? :P

Sorry, I'm feeling smart-ayuss today.

OUGreg723
4/7/2006, 06:44 PM
Yes peanuts. Correct you are. I dont know if Oklahoma MUST honor that, but they certainly would. We dont want kids who dont want to be here. He'll only do that if OU's situation is not good, which is unlikely, but possible.

oumartin
4/7/2006, 06:48 PM
seems like alot of people wanted a coach here that dent wanna be here.

william_brasky
4/7/2006, 06:52 PM
These kids coming in are going to be getting alot better coaching and development than they would if KS had remained.

Book it. Bank it. Get the tattoo!

The weather change is having a profound effect on me this evening.

SoonerShark
4/8/2006, 12:18 AM
Would it be legal to recruit a kid who is signed with "a school" and not "a coach?" That would be tampering.

SoonerStats
4/9/2006, 08:24 PM
Would it be legal to recruit a kid who is signed with "a school" and not "a coach?" That would be tampering.

That's what I would like to know. :confused:

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/9/2006, 08:51 PM
he has a signed LOI, if another school calls him directly it is a violation of the LOI agreement that all D1 schools have signed (except the military academies). the penalty for that kind of tampering is suspension of your ability to have recruits sign LOIs. in other words, not what you would call a fair trade...