PDA

View Full Version : Mikes Bar

OU Adonis
4/7/2006, 04:39 PM
..is where I will be tonight.. whats everyones plans for this fine cold evening?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/7/2006, 04:41 PM
My nephew is supposed to play t ball, but it's raining. Where is Mike's Bar?

TUSooner
4/7/2006, 04:42 PM
I'm going to a wake.

OU Adonis
4/7/2006, 04:43 PM
Mikes bar on Northwest expressway just past MacArthur. Its a good sized bar, but its not as popular as it used to be.

soonerbrat
4/7/2006, 04:43 PM
Mike's in Stillwater?

they used to have free beer during south park

OU Adonis
4/7/2006, 04:45 PM
Mike's in Stillwater?

they used to have free beer during south park

Well this one is in OKC, probably not the same owners.

Mikes is nice because they have a large bar area, a small dance floor, a live DJ, and shuffle board. Since I can't dance, but like music, the shuffle board gives me something to do.. heh

And my buddies bday celebration is there tonight.

Newbomb Turk
4/7/2006, 04:47 PM
Mrs. Turk & I have gone to Mike's a few times to shoot pool and have a few beers.

Partial Qualifier
4/7/2006, 04:47 PM
Mikes bar on Northwest expressway just past MacArthur. Its a good sized bar, but its not as popular as it used to be.

I haven't been there since the late 80's

soonerbrat
4/7/2006, 04:49 PM
where is it?

OU Adonis
4/7/2006, 04:49 PM
I haven't been there since the late 80's

They have actually moved it to a different location. They moved into a bigger building but its not too far from the old one from what I have been told.

Its like right behind some dealership. There is a light on NW expressway right in front of a dealership, turn south on the access road and you pass the dealership and poof, your at Mikes.

A lot of people have never seen or been there just because you have to know its there to go there so to speak.

soonerbrat
4/7/2006, 04:50 PM
ah, so it's kinda over by lumpy's

Beef
4/7/2006, 04:51 PM
I'm going to have my roommate bring me a bunch of beers at the bar she works.

Dio
4/7/2006, 04:51 PM
Hornets v. Raptors for me and the 9-year-old

OU Adonis
4/7/2006, 04:52 PM
ah, so it's kinda over by lumpy's

Its farther west a bit, so it might be just after council. Its been a few months since I have been there. Didn't they close the lumpy's in edmond?

Newbomb Turk
4/7/2006, 04:53 PM
They have actually moved it to a different location. They moved into a bigger building but its not too far from the old one from what I have been told.

Its like right behind some dealership.

FYI - It's between Rockwell and Council, off NW Expressway. There's a stoplight in front of a Ford dealership - turn south there and follow the yellow brick road.

NormanPride
4/7/2006, 04:53 PM
Traveling to Norman. Going to play videogames and drink. QUALITY ENTERTAINMENT.

BeetDigger
4/7/2006, 04:54 PM
I'm going to have my roommate bring me a bunch of beers at the bar she works.

At least you get that. :D

OU Adonis
4/7/2006, 04:54 PM
FYI - It's between Rockwell and Council, off NW Expressway. There's a stoplight in front of a Ford dealership - turn south there and follow the yellow brick road.

Props to Turk for actually being able to get it right. I tried in 4 posts and still didn't give a good location of where it is.. heh

Beef
4/7/2006, 04:55 PM
At least you get that. :D
She still charges me for most of them. Oh well.:twinkies:

OU Adonis
4/7/2006, 04:56 PM

See, if you weren't such a FRIEND and more of a guy, you wouldn't have that problem.

http://www.laddertheory.com/

Read it and learn my friend.

Howzit
4/7/2006, 04:56 PM
I'm going to set up the TV tray, eat a chicken pot pie, watch Matlock, and then turn in.

Good night.

Beef
4/7/2006, 04:57 PM
I'm going to set up the TV tray, eat a chicken pot pie, watch Matlock, and then turn in.

Good night.
Mmmm...pot.

OU Adonis
4/7/2006, 04:57 PM

Good night.

Wow, you really are old :D

Newbomb Turk
4/7/2006, 05:03 PM

Good night.

Party time!

I think I'll watch the Masters replay and have a few beers.

Viking Kitten
4/7/2006, 05:10 PM
Didn't Mike die a couple years ago? He owned the Dugout too, which was always better than Mike's because they have a kitchen and real food. Mike's only has yucky microwave pizzas.

Jimminy Crimson
4/7/2006, 05:11 PM
Yeah I thought this was about Stoowater and I was like :les: WTF!!?!?!?!

Newbomb Turk
4/7/2006, 05:11 PM
He owned the Dugout too, which was always better than Mike's because they have a kitchen and real food. Mike's only has yucky microwave pizzas.

Yeah, but Mike's is a real bar, and the Dugout isn't. ;)

Viking Kitten
4/7/2006, 05:14 PM
Yeah, but Mike's is a real bar, and the Dugout isn't. ;)

Laugh all you want, but (back in the day) there was many a Drown Night that a half order of chicken nachos about 11 p.m. was the only thing that stood between me and Yak City.

Newbomb Turk
4/7/2006, 05:15 PM
Laugh all you want, but (back in the day) there was many a Drown Night that a half order of chicken nachos about 11 p.m. was the only thing that stood between me and Yak City.

heh

BeetDigger
4/7/2006, 05:25 PM

I think it may be time for a new roommate. :texan: