PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you South Ovalities eat organic food?

royalfan5
4/7/2006, 04:13 PM
If you do how much more on average are you willing to pay and what organic foods do you buy. TIA

1stTimeCaller
4/7/2006, 04:15 PM
pretty much everything I eat has carbon in it.

royalfan5
4/7/2006, 04:19 PM
So your not one of those European types that has a problem with ag playing with genes, hormones, and ladling on petroleum based chemicals and fertilizers then.

1stTimeCaller
4/7/2006, 04:21 PM
as long as that stuff makes my food tastey I don't care.

BASF, we don't make the cow you eat, we just make the beef that you buy tastier.

Petro-Sooner
4/7/2006, 04:21 PM
So your not one of those European types that has a problem with ag playing with genes, hormones, and ladling on petroleum based chemicals and fertilizers then.

As long as it tastes good.

Widescreen
4/7/2006, 04:23 PM
My wife buys a bunch of organic stuff. Eggs, veggies, chicken, weed. The usual.

NormanPride
4/7/2006, 04:25 PM
I usually find that the organic stuff tastes a lot better. And how sad is it that we have to specify "organic" food?

royalfan5
4/7/2006, 04:25 PM
as long as that stuff makes my food tastey I don't care.

BASF, we don't make the cow you eat, we just make the beef that you buy tastier.
It really isn't going to make it tastier, but it is going to pack on more meat and since feeders get paid by the pound, people do it. Tastiness is based on genetics and feed programs.

Howzit
4/7/2006, 04:27 PM
We buy organic fat free milk, and it is pricey. Roughly $3 for a half gallon compared to $2 regular. It is tastey if you likes milk...

And eggs, but I don't remember how the costs compare.

royalfan5
4/7/2006, 04:29 PM
My wife buys a bunch of organic stuff. Eggs, veggies, chicken, weed. The usual.
If they let big Ag have a crack at weed production, the United States would be doing backstrokes through mass quantities of very potent, cheap weed thanks to the scientists at Monsanto, Dupont, and Syngenta.

Flagstaffsooner
4/7/2006, 04:40 PM
I use organic gasoline.

RacerX
4/7/2006, 04:43 PM
I haven't been eating any metallic or glass food.

OU Adonis
4/7/2006, 04:46 PM
I am anti-organic. I want my stuff to be able to last for years on the shelf.

Jimminy Crimson
4/7/2006, 05:03 PM
Don't know exactly how much more I'm paying for some organic biznass, but if it is a better, more attractive option, I'll go the organic route.

Vaevictis
4/7/2006, 05:16 PM
I primarily buy just organic milk. It costs about 1/3 more than regular milk.

I don't buy it *because* it's organic, I buy it because it usually has an expiration date a month out (compared to non-organic milk which is usually two weeks out at most), and because most non-organic milk tastes like crap.

I also will usually go with the organic chicken -- it costs about twice as much as regular chicken -- because the meat is usually of higher quality: more flesh, less fat and gristle.

GDC
4/7/2006, 05:20 PM

Nice.:twinkies:

When I was in the apple business I always used 10X the insecticide it called for, and I always overfertilized and put plenty of wax on the genetically-modified fruit I grew and sold.

BeetDigger
4/7/2006, 05:28 PM
Awesome thread retitlement potential.

GottaHavePride
4/7/2006, 05:35 PM
I'll buy the organic stuff if it's easily accessible. Meaning I'm not driving all the way across town just to find a store that carries it, but if Albertson's has organic milk, eggs, chicken, etc. in stock I'll buy that over the processed stuff. Same reason I eat real butter instead of margarine - it just tastes better, and I figure the natural products have to be at least marginally healthier.

StoopTroup
4/7/2006, 07:05 PM
Organic baby carrots and eggs...

Also organic beer and wine :D

OUHOMER
4/7/2006, 07:42 PM
The wife shops at walmart, whats that tell ya :eek:

Howzit
4/7/2006, 07:54 PM
I primarily buy just organic milk. It costs about 1/3 more than regular milk.

I don't buy it *because* it's organic, I buy it because it usually has an expiration date a month out ...

I just noticed that last night. I was buying milk and noticed the expiration date was May 27th.

Jimminy Crimson
4/7/2006, 10:42 PM
I usually get Horizon milk. It's good. I used to buy Star Dairy milk, but I haven't seen it in a LONG time. The glass bottles were cool. :cool:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/7/2006, 11:09 PM
Oh I thought this was about oysters and chocolate