PDA

View Full Version : I think my coworker has an interview today

1stTimeCaller
4/7/2006, 11:03 AM
It's pretty easy to tell when othere people are talking to headhunters. He's been on his cell phone quite a bit this week and he goes outside to talk. Normally he talks to his wife on his cell in the office. As he was headed out yesterday I heard him saying, " Yes sir, yes...".

Today he's all dressed up and said that he had a meeting at the main office and that he'd be gone all day.

I do know that the big boss has had some conversations about his treatment of the subs and Leon(the lazy guy). Our Superintendent bet me $5 that he would be gone before this project was finished.

Pins and needles!!

Harry Beanbag
4/7/2006, 11:04 AM
That reminds me, I have an interview this afternoon too.

1stTimeCaller
4/7/2006, 11:05 AM
That reminds me, I have an interview this afternoon too.

good luck!! You can use me as a reference if you need to ;)

Harry Beanbag
4/7/2006, 11:07 AM
Cool, that may or may not come in handy.

ultimatesooner1
4/7/2006, 12:39 PM
what happened w/ the two guys that were gonna fight

1stTimeCaller
4/7/2006, 12:42 PM
what happened w/ the two guys that were gonna fight

one is at the interview the lazy one is out running errands today. He showed up bright and early at 9:05am

ultimatesooner1
4/7/2006, 01:11 PM
did they fight?

VeeJay
4/9/2006, 02:43 PM
When you work at a crappy company with a crappy boss, never be surprised when news hits of anyone leaving.

BajaOklahoma
4/9/2006, 03:35 PM
A local guy bought out the company my husband worked for and brought in a new management team. So bye-bye to Mr. Baja. I hated it at the time, but he has a great boss. His employees love him and he treats them well.

My son is still at the old company. He has been there since he was 15, in various capacities. He has kept us informed of the changes, most of which are not good. The new boss decided not to pay the employees Holiday pay - a day's salary for Chrsitmas and one for New Years. Without letting the employees know until they got their paycheck that didn't include the pay. He changed the way they calculate the vacation pay for non-hourly employees - without letting the employees know. They do have an employee grievence mediator, who is earning his pay.
The company that my husband now works for recently bought out a direct competitor of the old company. Since the old company unsucessfully tried to buy this competitor, I've gotten special joy out of this. My son's boss asked him if he plans to move over to the newly purchased competitor. My son was very honest when he told him that he had no plans to leave for the competitor. But a week later, he was happy to resign for a totally new new job in the Mid-Cities. What the old place doesn't know is that several of my son's co-workers are planning to quit soon. And they are about to be turned into the EPA, the manufacturer and the state labor board. My son isn't stupid and has proper documentation to back it up.
They might get away with huge fines, but it is also possible that part of the company might be shutdown. And I shall enjoy every minute of it.