PDA

View Full Version : Well...

Osce0la
4/7/2006, 10:56 AM
It's my turn to get the weather you guys have been getting. We're supposed to be at a high risk for severe weather today. Schools are closing early, I have to go get my son from day care on my lunch break because the day care is closing at 1. They're comparing this storm system to one we had several years ago that spun off an F5 tornado (very rare in Alabama). I just don't think it'll get that bad here, it's still in the 60's and it's not heating up very quickly - not to mention we've already ahd several times this year that they've said it's going to be bad and we end up having maybe 2 severe thunderstorm warnings and 1 tornado warning...

Bring on the weather :rolleyes:

picasso
4/7/2006, 10:58 AM
the black drink.

ultimatesooner1
4/7/2006, 12:40 PM
:confused: they close schools because of the possibility of severe weather?

mdklatt
4/7/2006, 12:47 PM
Schools are closing early

Pussies.

Do the schools close early every time there's a chance of severe weather in Alabama? Because that would explain a lot.... :D

slickdawg
4/7/2006, 12:50 PM
Lucky you, we can't get a drop of rain here. We are about 20" short
on annual rainfall to date.

Osce0la
4/7/2006, 01:51 PM
Pussies.

Do the schools close early every time there's a chance of severe weather in Alabama? Because that would explain a lot.... :D
Yeah, we've been having this discussion all morning. None of us understand thy they are closing the schools because of this. Especially closing them at 1 when it won't even be here until after 2:30 or 3. I was going to ask if they did this out in OK, because it seems a little dumb to me. If you think that's bad though, you should see it here when there is a chance of snow. All it takes is the possibility of 1 inch of snow and the whole state shuts down...It's kinda pathetic.

mdklatt
4/7/2006, 02:02 PM
All it takes is the possibility of 1 inch of snow and the whole state shuts down...It's kinda pathetic.

It's not much better here, and we get snow every winter so you think we'd be able to deal with it.

Osce0la
4/7/2006, 05:40 PM
The best thing about all of this is the schools closed 5 1/2 hours ago, and we haven't had one drop of rain yet...As a matter of fact, it is still sunny outside.

GottaHavePride
4/7/2006, 05:47 PM
Pfff. In Kansas they just have you hide under your desks or in the hallways when it gets bad. Mainly because they know you don't actually get much warning for the nasty ones.

mdklatt
4/7/2006, 05:50 PM
The best thing about all of this is the schools closed 5 1/2 hours ago, and we haven't had one drop of rain yet...As a matter of fact, it is still sunny outside.

It looks like you're going to get hammered for sure late this evening, but there shouldn't have been any question that it wasn't going to be anything but a nighttime event.

Wow, there's not even any type of surface boundary associated with this--just a bitchin' upper level jet. We usually need a dry line or cold front or something to get 'nadoes. Y'all have some wicked awesome CAPE going on down there.

Newbomb Turk
4/7/2006, 05:52 PM
...As a matter of fact, it is still sunny outside.

Tornados like sunshine.