PDA

View Full Version : THE OFFICIAL mike knall thread.....geez.....

The Consumate Showman
4/6/2006, 11:03 PM
Okay guys......Let's get the dirt flyin'.

What's the story on this kid. A junior and last year JUCO transfer. I know the kids mug looks pretty rediculous, reminds me of a couple of nineth graders at my school.

Is it assumable that he can stay off the boos and go to class unlike his predecessor?

I know OU insider and Hale, and me for that matter, have reported after seeing him in practices and scrimmages that he is struggling right now and is a little inconsistent.....

Post your thoughts/rants/diggs/insults/and everything else here...my god, I can't believe of all the controversy issues our team could have we would have a punter problem......geez

goingoneight
4/6/2006, 11:17 PM
I'll take a punter problem before QB, RB or WR...

shavedmarmoset
4/6/2006, 11:18 PM
I thought he did good in the practice on wednesday. At least thats what I read.

oumartin
4/6/2006, 11:32 PM
don't need a punter.

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/6/2006, 11:35 PM
Run fake punts everytime...

The Consumate Showman
4/6/2006, 11:37 PM
don't need a punter.

Stoops thinks so.

OU Insider reprted that Stoops will invite a couple of punters to try out for the job this summer after Spring practices conclude.

Also, reports are that Hartley is practicing his punting skills since Freeby's departure.

oumartin
4/6/2006, 11:39 PM
look, he's afraid AD will sprain another ankle is all. thats why he has to have a plan.. other than that..no punts

bigdsooner
4/6/2006, 11:50 PM
don't need a punter.

:D

sooner KB
4/6/2006, 11:55 PM
If someone can tell me the times they practice tomorrow, I can go observe and report back how the guy does. I haven't been able to find practice times on any websites yet.

RacerX
4/7/2006, 08:33 AM
http://tommcmahon.typepad.com/tm/images/artichoke-logo_2color.gif

emoinwinter
4/7/2006, 10:23 AM
Also, reports are that Hartley is practicing his punting skills since Freeby's departure.

Funny story about this. I remember last year during one of the practices I went to (I think it was the practice 8 days before the Red and White game), before we got Knall, Freeby wasn't doing too great. The coaches were pretty upset at him. They then handed the ball Hartley to do some punts (and put a little heat on Freeby.) The funny part though was instead of Hartley shanking it 15 yards like Freeby was doing, he just punted the ball straight up, and it didn't even go 5 yards. His second attempt wasn't any better. Hartley didn't put anymore that practice. I guess they then decided 15 yards was better than just sending it straight up.

I'm sure though that punting skills can be taught. I would like to see Hartley be the punter. He has a leg!

sooneron
4/7/2006, 10:33 AM
Punters can score points for the other team just as fast as anyone else on Offense. Why doesn't Stoops just go a few blocks south of the stadium and find some international student down there playing soccer?

OUTrumpet
4/7/2006, 10:43 AM
Guy is my neighbor.

Drinks a lot of beer. Along with a big name member of the team.

Got home from class on Monday after the Texas game.

Shotgunnin Keystone Lights off the porch.

Funny guy.

toast
4/7/2006, 10:50 AM
don't need a punter.

doesn't work...ask ksu

The Consumate Showman
4/7/2006, 11:42 AM
Guy is my neighbor.

Drinks a lot of beer. Along with a big name member of the team.

Got home from class on Monday after the Texas game.

Shotgunnin Keystone Lights off the porch.

Funny guy.

You talking about Knall or Freeby? Don't tell me we're going to get Knall kicked of fthe team, too!!!

NormanPride
4/7/2006, 12:20 PM
Pretty sure he's talking about Freeby.

Jimminy Crimson
4/7/2006, 12:26 PM
If Knall isn't working out for us, I'm sure we'll find someone much like we did with DiCarlo...

It's not like we need to look for a QB or LB or something. It'll be okay.

NormanPride
4/7/2006, 12:33 PM
You know, if the guys kicks it consistently, I would be happy with someone that only averaged about 35-40 yards. It's the 15 yard shanks that I can't stand. This will certainly make things more interesting.

Jimminy Crimson
4/7/2006, 12:34 PM
Okie Dokie, Artichokie? :confused:

cjames317
4/7/2006, 01:29 PM
don't need a punter.

Only against a&M (insert possession chart from 2003 game here).

Someday I'll learn how to post a picture for real.

rainiersooner
4/7/2006, 01:30 PM
I'm worried that our punter situation is going to hurt recruiting and maybe drop us in the preseason polls. What does Herbstreit have to say about it over on ESPN? :)

MiccoMacey
4/7/2006, 01:34 PM
You know, if the guys kicks it consistently, I would be happy with someone that only averaged about 35-40 yards. It's the 15 yard shanks that I can't stand. This will certainly make things more interesting.

Ditto.

Ditto. Ditto. Ditto.

Nothing makes me more frustrated at a football player than for a punter to shank a punt. I know people make mistakes, but it drives me crazy.

Mainly because it ALWAYS comes at the most crucial time in a game. :mad:

Crimsontothecore
4/8/2006, 01:53 AM
Knall avaraged 43.9 yards per punt as a freshman in Jr. College. He averaged over 39 as a senior and was the #1 juco kicker nationally.
This all looks fine and good until you see that his juco team was the "Fighting Artichokes".
That's right...ARTICHOKES!! That alone negates any kicking skills he may have.
If he kicks in Norman, it may very well rip a hole in the universe.

The Consumate Showman
4/8/2006, 07:43 AM
Thank You Crimson! This is what I've been looking for!

BillyBall
4/8/2006, 07:56 AM
http://tommcmahon.typepad.com/tm/images/artichoke-logo_2color.gif

Greatest. Mascot. Evar.

The Consumate Showman
4/8/2006, 07:58 AM
Why an artichoke? Of all possibilities.....

TheUnnamedSooner
4/8/2006, 09:30 AM
I guess it's better than cabbage?

Crimsontothecore
4/8/2006, 10:59 AM
Why an artichoke? Of all possibilities.....
Because the name "Asparagus" was taken already.

OUTrumpet
4/8/2006, 03:46 PM
You talking about Knall or Freeby? Don't tell me we're going to get Knall kicked of fthe team, too!!!

Talking about Knall.

I'm pretty sure he's over 21 though.

The Consumate Showman
4/8/2006, 11:18 PM
Talking about Knall.

I'm pretty sure he's over 21 though.

As long as he keeps it private....

I thought our new punter looked pretty good today for the most part. He had a couple of bad kicks, but he had some really good ones, too.