PDA

View Full Version : So we had a fire at work today.

Cam
4/6/2006, 10:04 PM
We have two brand new buildings, each costing slightly over $16Mil. Our design company, based out of Idaho, thought that woood chips would be good for ground cover around the smoking areas, directly in front of said buildings.

Today, one of our smokers decides that the company provided cigarette disposal systems just aren't worth the hassle. So, they throw their cig into the wood chip area. Wouldn't you know it, it starts a fire. There's 40-50 of us trying to put it out. We use all of the fire extinguishers in the building and it's still going. Now, it's jumped the driveway and is now trying to start the wood chips near the flag poles burning. We filled trash cans of all sizes with water to try and put out the embers.

Finally, the fire department arrives and takes care of the fire and sprays down the other areas around the building. As I'm standing in the stair well reeking of smoke, one of our reps asks me if I think it's safe to go outside and have a smoke. :eek: I give her a half baked "You've got to be ****ting me" look and tell her that she should probably wait. She then asks if she can use the smoking area on the other side of the building. :mad: At this point, I want to throat punch her. I go ahead and give her the full on WTF smile and tell her that she should at least wait until the fire department has left the property. Her response: "I guess you're right, I'll wait."

Some people's kids...

royalfan5
4/6/2006, 10:11 PM
I hope the person that started the fire is released from employment by your company. How stupid do you have to be to do that?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/6/2006, 10:13 PM
The only fire we ever had was started by some nimrod burning their popcorn. Of course, we also have people who have tried to fry bacon in the toaster oven.

Norm In Norman
4/6/2006, 10:29 PM
In other news, absolutely nothing bad happened to me today.

bigdsooner
4/6/2006, 10:41 PM
is common fu**in sense really that hard to have :confused:

yermom
4/6/2006, 11:25 PM
sounds like they need to go Hitachi on their smokers

GottaHavePride
4/6/2006, 11:39 PM
sounds like they need to go Zatoichi on their smokers

Fixed.

Jimminy Crimson
4/7/2006, 10:12 AM
Of course, we also have people who have tried to fry bacon in the toaster oven.

You forgot to add the ":O" face! haha