PDA

View Full Version : Someone needs to call Mark Rodgers out on this!!!

oumartin
4/6/2006, 01:22 PM
He has called sooner fans idiots cuz we think Kelvins deliberate style was boring and said how we are not true basketball fans for it. He says winning basketball is good and exciting basketball.

Well, he just said on air that he wants the Mavs to beat the spurs in the second round of the playoffs because get this. The spurs are BORING.
But don't the spurs play a more deliberate style of basketball and yet its winning basketball. Using his logic that should ge good exciting basketball. Not Boring.

IDIOT!

william_brasky
4/6/2006, 01:33 PM
Rodgers sucks eggs. What a joke.

By the way, the Spurs aren't boring to watch.

yager
4/6/2006, 01:53 PM
Haha, yeah he's an Asshat alright. What a joke....his head has gotten rather large in the past six months or so...

Jimminy Crimson
4/6/2006, 02:11 PM
Haha, yeah he's an Asshat alright. What a joke....his head has gotten rather large in the past six months or so...

Steroids? :confused: ;)

RacerX
4/6/2006, 02:16 PM
Turn of the damn radio and take some deep breaths.

Then listen to music.

oumartin
4/6/2006, 02:35 PM
its the only station we get out here unless you like the Mexican Radio

colleyvillesooner
4/6/2006, 02:55 PM
He has called sooner fans idiots cuz we think Kelvins deliberate style was boring and said how we are not true basketball fans for it. He says winning basketball is good and exciting basketball.

Well, he just said on air that he wants the Mavs to beat the spurs in the second round of the playoffs because get this. The spurs are BORING.
But don't the spurs play a more deliberate style of basketball and yet its winning basketball. Using his logic that should ge good exciting basketball. Not Boring.

IDIOT!

Why don't you call him out on it?

Newbomb Turk
4/6/2006, 03:08 PM
He has called sooner fans idiots cuz we think Kelvins deliberate style was boring and said how we are not true basketball fans for it.

While I don't always agree with Rodgers - he's right about some of you being idiots...and it doesn't have anything to do with what you think of Kelvin. ;)

SoonerInKCMO
4/6/2006, 03:13 PM
its the only station we get out here unless you like the Mexican Radio

I wish I was in
Tijuana
Eating barbecued
Iguana

oumartin
4/6/2006, 03:14 PM
I don't wanna wait for 50 minutes to get online. 45 of which will be commercials... but thanks

NormanPride
4/6/2006, 03:24 PM
Never understood why people still think the Spurs play boring basketball. We move the ball more than most teams, get lots of transition points, and can score in the 100s frequently. What else do people want? :confused:

william_brasky
4/6/2006, 03:30 PM
Never understood why people still think the Spurs play boring basketball. We move the ball more than most teams, get lots of transition points, and can score in the 100s frequently. What else do people want? :confused:

I think the Spurs play beautiful basketball. The way it should be played.

They didn't look that way last night for the most part though. :eek:

NormanPride
4/6/2006, 03:32 PM
Yeah, what happened? I didn't get to see it, but how can we lose by 10 at home to the Kings? :eek:

william_brasky
4/6/2006, 03:40 PM
They were basically flat. Kings came out and were more aggressive.

Duncan and Parker played like they were tired or hungover or both on the offensive end. Didn't attack as well as they usually do and the Kings were D'ing up pretty well.

Bibby was a monster on O. 3's, jumpers, and layups. He looked All-Star.

Schoonerbeer
4/6/2006, 03:45 PM
Mark Rodgers hangs up on people if they don't agree with everything he says. I guess he forgets the listeners pay the bills.

BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NormanPride
4/6/2006, 05:04 PM
They were basically flat. Kings came out and were more aggressive.

Duncan and Parker played like they were tired or hungover or both on the offensive end. Didn't attack as well as they usually do and the Kings were D'ing up pretty well.

Bibby was a monster on O. 3's, jumpers, and layups. He looked All-Star.

:(

Sooner24
4/6/2006, 05:04 PM
Mark Rogers and James the Marvel both scored the same on the Wonderlic. :D

PrideTrombone
4/6/2006, 05:10 PM
Mark Rogers and James the Marvel both scored the same on the Wonderlic. :D

7? :D

oumartin
4/6/2006, 05:10 PM
I think James the Marvel puts on that act. I dont' know for sure but it dang sure if funny stuff.

william_brasky
4/6/2006, 05:13 PM
Hey martin, is this the start to a "Get Rid of Mark Rodgers" Campaign?

As we all know, you were solely responsible for KS's leaving.

Is Dodgey Rodgers your next target?

oumartin
4/6/2006, 05:17 PM
na, I only go after head coaches that don't wanna coach at OU.

RacerX
4/6/2006, 07:13 PM
Tejano Music >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Sports Urinal

oumartin
4/6/2006, 07:16 PM
you're probably right Racer, I'm just a little uptight today.. probably over the coaching search.. If he doesn't land someone good I'm gonna lose faith in Joe C.

GottaHavePride
4/6/2006, 07:24 PM
Tejano Music >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Sports Urinal

So I turned on the radio in my car as I was driving to campus the other day, and all I can pick up on 104.9 was some Tejano station bleeding over. It took me a few minutes to notice the difference.

starclassic tama
4/6/2006, 07:41 PM
man you people hate everyone. i like rodgers.

oumartin
4/6/2006, 07:44 PM
we hate everyone that isn't a true homer!

The Consumate Showman
4/6/2006, 11:10 PM
Mark Rodgers is a complete ******-bag. If you read this Mark, please leave Oklahoma. You are a pompous asshat and a FIRST class ***-jerk. I can only hope that your retarded azz gets close enough to the action Saturday that someone on the team runs you over...

oumartin
4/6/2006, 11:18 PM
sorry but he's not even covering the red/white game. he'll be in Dallas getting ready for the Nascar race..
Kinda makes you wonder doesn't it

soonerbub
4/7/2006, 01:09 AM

IDIOT!

I remember the day after we lost to Milwaukee he said that we were boring to watch. Maybe he has an irony deficient diet :eddie:

Readyfor8
4/7/2006, 02:55 AM
I think the point is, if you are winning games who gives a flying $%#( how you are winning them.

I dont care if we score 10 points a game if it meant we won a National Championship, and I'm sure most of you feel the same way.

SOONER44EVER
4/7/2006, 04:35 AM
Rodgers is ok on tv. He is a rude obnoxious jerk on the radio.

Sooner24
4/7/2006, 11:20 PM
And whoever does his hair should be shot too.

oumartin
4/7/2006, 11:24 PM
waterudoing looking at another mans hair? ;)

wahoorob
4/8/2006, 09:13 AM
Mark Rodgers=Dean Blevins' "Mini-me" without the athletic background but with all of the ego. He should be rounded up with Blevins, Traber and Eshback and they should be put on that "Lost" island and made to watch Kenny Mayne in that dancing reality show for all eternity.

sanantoniosooner
4/8/2006, 09:18 AM
You guys would miss the Sports animal if it wasn't available.

I miss sportstalk that focuses on college VS 95% pro talk.

I don't have to agree with the tards.

wahoorob
4/8/2006, 10:04 AM
You guys would miss the Sports animal if it wasn't available.

Maybe a momentary pang. I listen maybe once a week during football season. Hardly at all any other time.

sanantoniosooner
4/8/2006, 10:13 AM
Maybe a momentary pang. I listen maybe once a week during football season. Hardly at all any other time.
Yeah.......there are places I rarely ate at that disappeared also.

I miss them a lot. Having it and choosing not to use it is better than not having it at all.

wahoorob
4/8/2006, 10:20 AM
Yeah.......there are places I rarely ate at that disappeared also.

I miss them a lot. Having it and choosing not to use it is better than not having it at all.

I'd have to agree with that. But would have to add that it gives me great pleasure to CHOOSE NOT to listen to the Animal. So from that frame of reference...yeh, I'd miss it a lot if it were gone.

Speaking of places to eat in San Antone...I once ate the best chicken fried steak I've ever had there and I can't for the life of me remember the restaurant. Any thoughts?

sanantoniosooner
4/8/2006, 12:01 PM
I'd have to agree with that. But would have to add that it gives me great pleasure to CHOOSE NOT to listen to the Animal. So from that frame of reference...yeh, I'd miss it a lot if it were gone.

Speaking of places to eat in San Antone...I once ate the best chicken fried steak I've ever had there and I can't for the life of me remember the restaurant. Any thoughts?
I like Good Time Charlies myself.

Jailhouse cafe and Tip Top are pretty popular.

wahoorob
4/8/2006, 12:04 PM
Jailhouse sounds right. I'll try your favorite next time I'm in town.

Big Red Ron
4/8/2006, 03:10 PM
Rogers is lame on radio. He's worse on tv than Mike Steely.

OUmillenium
4/8/2006, 09:38 PM
Hey martin, is this the start to a "Get Rid of Mark Rodgers" Campaign?

As we all know, you were solely responsible for KS's leaving.

Is Dodgey Rodgers your next target?

Awesome avatar! Sid Finch, threw like 126 mph fastball. I still have that SI...somewhere.

Mark is out of control, can't stand him...or the rest of the SA for that matter.