Grimey
4/6/2006, 01:08 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

sanantoniosooner
4/6/2006, 01:09 PM
eye drops

Grimey
4/6/2006, 01:16 PM
I know, but it's hard when your daughter clenches her eyes shut when you get near her with them. By the way, it is in both of her eyes now.

sanantoniosooner
4/6/2006, 01:17 PM
Tough love.

Grimey
4/6/2006, 01:19 PM
I'm trying to figure out how me listening to Jim Trabor tell everyone about his pinkeye transferred the infection through the radio, to me without infecting me (yet), and was passed on to my daughter.

Osce0la
4/6/2006, 01:21 PM
I'm trying to figure out how me listening to Jim Trabor tell everyone about his pinkeye transferred the infection through the radio, to me without infecting me (yet), and was passed on to my daughter.
Trabor is satan?

Grimey
4/6/2006, 01:23 PM
I haven't ruled that one out yet. :)

proud gonzo
4/6/2006, 02:50 PM
run a washcloth under hot water and let her hold it over her eyes--makes it feel better.

4/6/2006, 02:52 PM
Whew! At least it's pink.

Drops. Religiously.

Penguin
4/6/2006, 02:54 PM
Whatever happened to that CharlesB4OU guy?

yermom
4/6/2006, 02:59 PM
does she know Scott Baio?

BeetDigger
4/6/2006, 03:01 PM
run a washcloth under hot water and let her hold it over her eyes--makes it feel better.

the eye or the washcloth?

proud gonzo
4/6/2006, 03:04 PM
the eye or the washcloth?
makes the eyes feel better. it might make the washcloth feel better too, but I don't know. :rolleyes:

BajaOklahoma
4/6/2006, 06:19 PM
Here is the easy way to do it. Explain it to her before you start.
Wipe each eye with a clean wet cloth - separate cloths for each eye.
Have your daughter lay on her back, eyes closed and with her chin pointing up to the ceiling (to keep her face in the proper position for the drops, so they don't roll off).
Give her a kleenex for each hand and have her keep her hands at her side.
Put the drops (or drops) in the inside corner of her eyes. She will automatically blink when the drops hit the cornere of her eyes - just have her hold still.
Ask her to open her eyes and blink ten times - this spreads the drops over her eyes.
She may then use the kleenex to pat the eye once. (Right hand for right eye, etc)

The kids at school have their parents come in for lessons on how to give the eye drops. Pretty funny. Ideally you would just drop it in, but that is very hard on the kids.

yermom
4/6/2006, 06:24 PM
http://sneakpeektv.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/alex-clockwork-orange.jpg

dolemitesooner
4/6/2006, 07:09 PM
i LOVE SOME PINK EYE....**** THAT KID

Grimey
4/7/2006, 09:09 AM
Here is the easy way to do it. Explain it to her before you start.
Wipe each eye with a clean wet cloth - separate cloths for each eye.
Have your daughter lay on her back, eyes closed and with her chin pointing up to the ceiling (to keep her face in the proper position for the drops, so they don't roll off).
Give her a kleenex for each hand and have her keep her hands at her side.
Put the drops (or drops) in the inside corner of her eyes. She will automatically blink when the drops hit the cornere of her eyes - just have her hold still.
Ask her to open her eyes and blink ten times - this spreads the drops over her eyes.
She may then use the kleenex to pat the eye once. (Right hand for right eye, etc)

The kids at school have their parents come in for lessons on how to give the eye drops. Pretty funny. Ideally you would just drop it in, but that is very hard on the kids.

that's pretty much what we've been doing. I probably won't go all Clockwork Orange on her like Yermom would :D

Grimey
4/7/2006, 09:11 AM
BTW, this is the 3rd day she has had to miss school now. Her school has a very strict no-pinkeye policy:mad:

yermom
4/7/2006, 10:19 AM
that's pretty much what we've been doing. I probably won't go all Clockwork Orange on her like Yermom would :D

nah, i was thinking more like Silence of the Lambs

it puts the drops in it's eyes, or it gets the hose again