PDA

View Full Version : Ned's Atomic Dustbin - "Shoot The Ned's"

sooneron
4/6/2006, 11:07 AM
I Picked up the Ned's video the other day, you Ned's fans from back in the day. Three members of the group remain and it looks as though they are going to make another go of it. The concert footage is pretty solid and they sound very good. Lot's of energy and the mix is very nice.
On the DVD, they perform: not sleeping around, happy, cut-up, selfish, walking through syrup, capital letters, stuck, trust, nothing like, intact, until you find out, bite, scrawl, kill your television, song eleven could take forever, aim, plug me in, grey cell green, terminally groovie, and titch.

The guys can still rock and it seems that they plan to do so, more. They are releasing a new single in a month or so and have some large venue gigs coming up. Hopefully, they will come to America in the not too distant future. I forgot how much their double bass sound really rocks. Very innovated sound...
There's also a nice interview with the original members before they play the show.

RacerX
4/6/2006, 11:12 AM
I saw them at Trees back in the day. Really good show.

I've got a single of theirs where they cover "Saturday Night" by the Bay City Rollers....I think it's from "I married an Axe Murderer".

sooneron
4/6/2006, 11:14 AM
Yep, I have that song off the remix cd .522 . It's a good version. I saw them at the Bronco Bowl, I think.

RacerX
4/6/2006, 11:18 AM
Are they down to one bass player?

sooneron
4/6/2006, 12:08 PM
Nope, sticking with the same arrangement. I say, good! Their sound really was wall of sound like without trying. They also talk about their influences and band history etc..

http://www.nedsatomicdustbin.com/home.asp