PDA

View Full Version : Why did the repubs trott out J.C. Watts this morning to talk about McKinney?

Hatfield
4/6/2006, 08:54 AM
Now why would they bring a retired congressman off the shelf to talk about this issue.......

and for those that missed it, he just said what everyone knows...that it isn't racial and that there are a lot of capitol police and some know him and some don't so just go through the proper channels or show your id and go on about your business.

this whole thing is so common sense....it is never a good idea to lay your hands on a cop regardless of your status in life.

Howzit
4/6/2006, 08:56 AM
It is racial. On her part.

SCOUT
4/6/2006, 09:07 AM
JC is getting back in the public eye for his run at the White House in 2008 :D

VeeJay
4/6/2006, 09:11 AM
Who trotted out JC?

Where was he?

Okla-homey
4/6/2006, 09:11 AM
Additionally, McKinney is guilty of violating one of Homey's Primary Universal Truths: You can often get away with shady doings, but if you p1ss-off and/or embarrass a cop, you will get the book thrown at you.;)

handcrafted
4/6/2006, 09:14 AM
JC shows up every so often as an analyst, so it's not unusual.

Hatfield
4/6/2006, 09:14 AM
you should print those up on tablets or somethin homey. I would buy one.

jeremy885
4/6/2006, 09:30 AM
Now why would they bring a retired congressman off the shelf to talk about this issue.......

and for those that missed it, he just said what everyone knows...that it isn't racial and that there are a lot of capitol police and some know him and some don't so just go through the proper channels or show your id and go on about your business.

this whole thing is so common sense....it is never a good idea to lay your hands on a cop regardless of your status in life.

Why not bring him out? He's black, was a congressman, and would have experience on whether or not her allegations of racism by the capital police were true.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/6/2006, 09:55 AM
Why attribute it to scandal when there is an easy and reasonable explanation.

1. He was in Congress while she was there in her first terms before she was defeated for re-election. He knows her.

2. He's Black and gets a pass on the race card that Nutjob McKinney has been throwing around...

4/6/2006, 10:04 AM
I think (albeit sadly so) they are having a black guy say the obvious to help expose the full, ridiculous nature of this situation.

It happens all the time... watch a comedian on Comedy Central some time. As soon as they say something about any race, there is always a shot a laughing audience member of that race.

Hatfield
4/6/2006, 10:04 AM
not trying to say it is attributable to scandal...just that it is a little over the top.

C&CDean
4/6/2006, 10:06 AM
They did it so people like hatfield - who support racism and assaulting police officers as a right of the oppressed yo - have something to whine about. DOH.

Howzit
4/6/2006, 10:08 AM
not trying to say it is attributable to scandal...just that it is a little over the top.

Did you find it over the top when Rev Jesse ran out to be at McKinney's side? I found her press conferences much more over the top than having JC Watts speak to the issue.

"Much ado over hairdo."

Give me a freakin' break.

Hatfield
4/6/2006, 10:08 AM
probably...at least everything you wrote is supported by my first post deano

and dean calling me a racist is a pretty dick move on your part even if it is in jest.

Hatfield
4/6/2006, 10:10 AM
isn't everything Jesse does these days over the top? without seeing what you are talking about I would agree that it was probably over the top.

I also find it humorous that she had to cancel one of her press conferences because nobody from her party showed up to offer their support.

OklahomaTuba
4/6/2006, 10:13 AM
JC is always on TV. ALWAYS.

He was on Fox twice last week I think talking about other stuff.

soonerscuba
4/6/2006, 10:37 AM
Condi Rice was busy is my assumption. ;)

Hamhock
4/6/2006, 10:39 AM
Condi Rice was busy is my assumption. ;)

And not a current/past member of congress??

BeetDigger
4/6/2006, 10:45 AM
JC is a terrible person to comment on this. He isn't an arrogant bitch.

1stTimeCaller
4/6/2006, 10:50 AM
on a side note, my stepdad reposessed JC's Mercedes a year or so before JC ran for Congress.

4/6/2006, 10:59 AM
http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/classic/2001/1024/photo/a_jcwatts_i.jpg

JC was magic in the option.

leavingthezoo
4/6/2006, 11:33 AM
i honestly think it's gotten to the point where when the race card is whipped out every time you turn around, then you oughtta be forced to shack up with a family of white supremecists so you can get a fair and accurate understanding of what rascism is.

racism is NOT being asked to confirm your identity because you aren't recognizable to everybody as you think you are. in fact, that's misplaced pride... nothin' to do with racism at all.

(i bet i just brought a tear to tuba's eye) :D

why shouldn't the republicans "trot out" watts? he's a black dude with an opinion, just like any number of black folks we've seen trotted out to scream, "rascists!" is it his differing opinion that makes this an issue?

Pricetag
4/6/2006, 11:42 AM
I saw a story on the whole Duke lacrosse thing last night on Nightline, and it looked to me like they're trying to make that a racial issue, as well, since the stripper who was allegedly assaulted was black.

They had a black reporter over at the college the stripper went to, talking about how they were trying to calm people down over there in an attempt to prevent possible "retaliation" by students there against Duke.

I don't know all the details of the incident, but it sounded pretty dang ridiculous (not the alleged assault, but the racial angle) to me.

Hatfield
4/6/2006, 11:48 AM
i thought it was clear that I agreed with what he had to say.

and pricetag, i also have seen where they are trying to make it a rich v. poor deal as well.

did you see the email that kid sent out the night before?

Pricetag
4/6/2006, 01:02 PM
and pricetag, i also have seen where they are trying to make it a rich v. poor deal as well.

did you see the email that kid sent out the night before?
Yeah. Pretty crazy sounding.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/6/2006, 02:24 PM
"Much ado over hairdo."

Give me a freakin' break.

After her corn rows, If I had that "hairdo" I would have..
1. Fired the "stylist", because obviously there wasn't any...and
2. Gone and had something done to change that hair...

TheHumanAlphabet
4/6/2006, 02:26 PM
JC is always on TV. ALWAYS.

He was on Fox twice last week I think talking about other stuff.

I wonder if he and Sheila Jackson Lee are of the same mind? SJL has NEVER met a camera or a photo op that she doesn't think was made especially for her...

TheHumanAlphabet
4/6/2006, 02:28 PM
I saw a story on the whole Duke lacrosse thing last night on Nightline, and it looked to me like they're trying to make that a racial issue, as well, since the stripper who was allegedly assaulted was black.

They had a black reporter over at the college the stripper went to, talking about how they were trying to calm people down over there in an attempt to prevent possible "retaliation" by students there against Duke.

I don't know all the details of the incident, but it sounded pretty dang ridiculous (not the alleged assault, but the racial angle) to me.

Uhmmm, if the students at the A&T or whatever it was would "retaliate" against Dukies, the Dukies would win hands down and there would be nothing left of the A&T or whatever it is...Them Dukies have money and connections, you don't want to mess with that...

Hatfield
4/6/2006, 02:30 PM
the other day Rush Limbaugh called the young lady involved in this a "Ho"...I thought that was funny coming from a hypocritical drug addict radio moron.