PDA

View Full Version : Something that is no fun...

royalfan5
4/5/2006, 10:19 PM
I was a judge of the state FFA marketing plan contest today. The winner gets to move on and compete at the national level. What was the succ was that there were two virtually dead even teams, and we had to pick one. We spent an hour nitipicking before moving one on by the razor thinnests of margins. Both were with in 2 points of perfect, and it just sucked alot to send a very worthy team home when they were in dead heat with who we declared the winner. Having to pick a winner and that situation just isn't any fun.

sanantoniosooner
4/5/2006, 10:21 PM
razor thin margin between livestock presentation?

aggyesk

royalfan5
4/5/2006, 10:36 PM
razor thin margin between livestock presentation?

aggyesk
It was razor thing between premium steak and premuim pie. All food is ag.

BajaOklahoma
4/5/2006, 10:36 PM
These things are starting to get to me.

Our school sent two teams to state for DI (the new OM). Because it was in Corpus, the teams had to fly.
Over 10,000 for airfare. Then there is hotel, ground transportation (bus) and food per diem that also have to be paid.
One of our teams now goes to Global in Memphis. More airfare, hotels, food.

No wonder I can't get a raise.

royalfan5
4/5/2006, 10:41 PM
These things are starting to get to me.

Our school sent two teams to state for DI (the new OM). Because it was in Corpus, the teams had to fly.
Over 10,000 for airfare. Then there is hotel, ground transportation (bus) and food per diem that also have to be paid.
One of our teams now goes to Global in Memphis. More airfare, hotels, food.

No wonder I can't get a raise.
In Nebraska, almost every FFA chapter pays their own way to everything. One of the entries was a FFA chapter's sod farm. Many chapter's fund themselves through greenhouses, fruit sales, and what we used to call slave auctions where you sold yourself for day of labor at no pay to you with all money going to the chapter. FFA isn't drain on schools resources like music and art.

PrideTrombone
4/5/2006, 10:44 PM
FFA isn't drain on schools resources like music and art.

Gee, sorry for trying to enrich the kids' lives. ***.

Sincerely,

PrideTrombone, your friendly local band director.

royalfan5
4/5/2006, 10:47 PM
Gee, sorry for trying to enrich the kids' lives. ***.

Sincerely,

PrideTrombone, your friendly local band director.
I forgot the wink, sorry.

PrideTrombone
4/5/2006, 10:48 PM
I forgot the wink, sorry.

Dude. Those are IMPORTANT. :)