PDA

View Full Version : Lendy Holmes to start at CB....?

BASSooner
4/5/2006, 08:52 PM
it's on soonersports or soonerscoop. One or the other. Just thought I would spark up a discussion. What do you guys think? The guys who have been to practices and such, is he good?

Discuss

Jello Biafra
4/5/2006, 08:57 PM
it's on soonersports or soonerscoop. One or the other. Just thought I would spark up a discussion. What do you guys think? The guys who have been to practices and such, is he good?

Discuss

welp. i haven't been to any practices this year but he looks to be pretty good. 6 just shy of 200 and runs 4.4. his bio says he played db in high school and he returned punts and kicks for us last year. I'd be willing to bet if he's starting, he's gonna be pretty good.

Rhino
4/5/2006, 09:26 PM
I've heard they basically want him at corner in nickel situations and move Reggie Smith to NB.

Right now it just appears to be a situational change.

NickZeppelin
4/5/2006, 09:59 PM
Reggie Smith and DJ Wolfe will probably start at corner. Reggie Smith may play the Roy position on dime formations so you could see Lendy or Walker at corner in those formations.

MojoRisen
4/5/2006, 10:00 PM
Right,

Smith and Wolf- but Nickle he starts- until Brian Jackson and Marcus Walker get back in the fall- I believe he will have a chance to hold his position though. Apparently he was solid in Highschool at DB with lots of INT's.

Bigcrimsontx
4/8/2006, 02:57 AM
In high school he played like Reggie Smith, where he would just roam around making plays with pure athletic ability. He could star cb IMO.

CatfishSooner
4/8/2006, 03:04 AM
He's good...

Desert Sapper
4/8/2006, 07:37 AM
One way or another OUr secondary looks infinitely better than it did going into last season.

The Consumate Showman
4/8/2006, 07:47 AM
Reggie is a bad AZZ;

DJ has successfully learned his poistion;

Lendy should transition easily;

BJW says Brian Jackson is the second coming;

Newcomer Jonathan Nelson and Malcolm Williams should impress as well;

I just wish Marcus Walker could be 100% healthy for a little while. He showed a lot of promise early on, but after that first shoulder injury, he just can't shake it. Pity.

Soonermagik
4/8/2006, 11:21 PM
Lendy is an athlete but he seems to have butterfinger hands. I've heard he's now one of the fastest if not the fastest guys on the team??? Anyways, I think he'll make a great corner!!!!!

The Consumate Showman
4/8/2006, 11:39 PM
Lendy may not start per say, but he WILL play.

BASSooner
4/9/2006, 01:11 AM
The way our DBs played, it will be too hard for oposing teams to pass the ball

yermom
4/9/2006, 01:15 AM
we appear stacked at CB/DB

we seem to have a lot more big WRs now too

i love it

BASSooner
4/9/2006, 01:29 AM
yep. most of the games we play shouldn't be that bad. Oregon will be tuff, not as much as texas. However, if these dbs progress, the whorns will be a one dimensional team. Think about it. A brand new QB going up against a really good group(and experienced) DBs. That's suicide if you ask me.

CatfishSooner
4/9/2006, 01:33 AM
suicide...3 or 4 int's...

BASSooner
4/9/2006, 01:37 AM
against saxet?