PDA

View Full Version : I know someone who won't be getting a Couric Christmas party invite this year

Okla-homey
4/5/2006, 08:48 PM
I love old people. Like little kids, they speak the truth despite any attendant consequences.

Andy Rooney to Katie: Welcome to CBS, Now Get Out
Posted by Brian Boyd on April 5, 2006 - 12:17.

In an appearance today on "Imus in the Morning," Andy Rooney quickly turned down the temperature in the CBS newsroom.

Don Imus: "So what do you think of these changes at CBS News?"

Andy Rooney: "I’m not enthusiastic about it. I think everybody likes Katie Couric, I mean how can you not like Katie Couric. But, I don’t know anybody at CBS News who is pleased that she’s coming here."

sooneron
4/5/2006, 09:26 PM
Well, I can't imagine the old schoolers in the news room- Safer et al, being too positive about Moonves latest ratings grabber idea.

4/6/2006, 06:12 AM
Her tiny cuteness has worn out. She'll do ok until people realize the details are all they need after work. Unfortunately, the evening "news" could become the equivalent of the morning fluff shows; full of intimate interviews with people who's life and misfortune don't personally effect anyone watching. This is exactly the direction news is headed. Sensational, ain't it?

If it works, Katie, bar the door.

Okla-homey
4/6/2006, 06:59 AM
Her tiny cuteness has worn out. She'll do ok until people realize the details are all they need after work. Unfortunately, the evening "news" could become the equivalent of the morning fluff shows; full of intimate interviews with people who's life and misfortune don't personally effect anyone watching. This is exactly the direction news is headed. Sensational, ain't it?

Could she become the white Oprah?

TUSooner
4/6/2006, 07:14 AM

But I hear she's been working on her "serious & concerned" face.

jeremy885
4/6/2006, 07:16 AM
Shiefer took the high road even tho he got screwed.
IMO, Rooney is an asspot old curmudgeon kinda like me. I don't like me. ;)

I heard on NPR that Shiefer didn't want the job and was fine with being a temp until they found someone.

Sooner_Bob
4/6/2006, 07:30 AM
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/662/vanity13gallery525x5503wz.jpg

4/6/2006, 08:08 AM
I heard on NPR that Shiefer didn't want the job and was fine with being a temp until they found someone.

Shiefer really hasn't been the same since his coverage of the Spanish American War.

VeeJay
4/6/2006, 08:36 AM
On the bright side, after the report of leading economic indicators and the probability of the feds moving the interest rates up another quarter of a percent, we'll be treated to a live make over session, or better yet, a camera team catching her next mammogram.

BeetDigger
4/6/2006, 08:39 AM
I don't like me. ;)

Welcome to the club.

:D

BeetDigger
4/6/2006, 08:42 AM
What's CBS paying her? NBC was shelling out $16 million for her on Today. I understand that she's a real bitch to the people who work for her.

4/6/2006, 08:44 AM
She might be difficult, but what other news personality will let us tour their colon?

VeeJay
4/6/2006, 09:03 AM
It would be awesome to get her to participate on the poop threads.

I bet she's been known to royally stink up the ladie's room outside Studio 1A at Rockefeller Plaza

No wonder Rooney don't want her over there.

jeremy885
4/6/2006, 09:27 AM
What's CBS paying her? NBC was shelling out $16 million for her on Today. I understand that she's a real bitch to the people who work for her.

She's making the same at CBS. From what NPR was saying, it sounded like she wanted the prestige of doing the nightly news over extra money.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/6/2006, 10:02 AM
I predict male America watching TV News after work will abandon CBS in droves and they will tank further into the third place they are currently in...

CBS had a deecent thing in Sheiffer (sp?). Vargas on ABC is no better.

OU Adonis
4/6/2006, 10:02 AM
She might be difficult, but what other news personality will let us tour their colon?

I dunno about news personality, but Richard Simmons will.

Taxman71
4/6/2006, 10:10 AM
Does anyone still watch the evening news anyway? Even if I were home by 6:00, I would not waste the remaining daylight hours watching something I can get 24/7 on 20 other channels or the internets. Especially, if the anchor is a smurf.

NormanPride
4/6/2006, 10:23 AM
Now don't get me wrong, I looove the ladies, I mean, they rev my engine! But they DON'T belong in the NEWS room!

:les:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/6/2006, 11:06 AM
The CBS News dept. is so depressing, even the local CBS station's local news here in PHX(ch 5) is perpetually on a downer.

sooneron
4/6/2006, 11:10 AM
60K a night.

mrowl
4/6/2006, 11:24 AM
the rumor was that the morning show was ruining her dating life.

I think it may be her face.