PDA

View Full Version : How concerned are you with the timetable on finding a new coach...

Rock Hard Corn Frog
4/5/2006, 04:38 PM
Obviously we all want the best coach possible but is it a priority that we have a new coach introduced in the next fews days, week, month?

MojoRisen
4/5/2006, 05:02 PM
It is important I believe for the incomming recruiting class- but should not be rushed-

My opinion - over the next three weeks- I would like obviously to hear something sooner...

oumartin
4/5/2006, 05:05 PM
I'm getting there

King Crimson
4/5/2006, 05:18 PM
I'm starting to think about it. this was not a good year to be shopping around--especially with KSU and Mizzou already making hires before Kelvin even left.

by comparison, Colorado hired Dan Hawkins in football and they were about the only BCS conference school on the market. they had their pick, even walking into a contorversial situation.

sooneron
4/5/2006, 05:23 PM
I think we need to seal the deal within the next wek and a half.

oumartin
4/5/2006, 05:26 PM
well, depends on who you talk to. most say they won't have a coach within the month

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/5/2006, 06:03 PM
If we can somehow keep the couple or 3 top recruits, then I'm not concerned about the time frame.

william_brasky
4/5/2006, 06:27 PM
I'm very concerned. Hopefully we can have a new coach by the end of next week so we can see where we are with the incoming recruits and hopefully get a Big Man via JUCO if someone doesn't qualify or de-commits.

With that being said, we are closer now than ever to the upcoming announcement.

Stay Tuned.

Rhino
4/5/2006, 09:31 PM
If we don't hear anything definite by Monday, I'm officially worried.

soonerbub
4/6/2006, 02:24 AM
Each passing day increases the likelihood that Bob Hoffman will be the man (not exactly what I was hoping for)

RacerX
4/6/2006, 06:53 AM
Obviously we all want the best coach possible but is it a priority that we have a new coach introduced in the next fews days, week, month?
Not as worried as I am about your avatar.

Newbomb Turk
4/6/2006, 07:05 AM
Not concerned.

I'd rather make the right hire, than make a quick decision and bring in a "Quinn Snyder".

birddog
4/6/2006, 09:59 AM
I was hoping to start berating the new coach by the weekend. oh well, i'll have more time to organize my campaign and website.

sanantoniosooner
4/6/2006, 10:02 AM
We went an entire season of football without a coach once and did just fine.

MojoRisen
4/6/2006, 10:06 AM
CALIPARI! Hey if we make the sweet 16 5 years straight how much money does the school get for that?

Millions- pay the man!

Grimey
4/6/2006, 10:11 AM
still can't believe we missed out on Mike Anderson!!

Partial Qualifier
4/6/2006, 10:16 AM
I couldn't care less about the incoming recruits. Every day that goes by essentially means one more big-name coach who doesn't want this job. That worries me, makes me get the feeling we're gonna wind up with Joe Nobody, arriving with "tons of potential" from Popcorn State.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
4/6/2006, 10:20 AM
still can't believe we missed out on Mike Anderson!!

Yeah, because the first time we lost by 29 points to UTEP like UAB did last year the LNC might aslpode.

Grimey
4/6/2006, 11:26 AM
you really think that would happen with the players and especially incoming players that we have at OU?

watch Mizzou the next few years. they are going to be awesome when he gets some of his recruits in there.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
4/6/2006, 12:01 PM
you really think that would happen with the players and especially incoming players that we have at OU?

watch Mizzou the next few years. they are going to be awesome when he gets some of his recruits in there.

Check out tigerboard. They have recruits that they are losing. Melvin Watkins was kept on the staff so they would have a chance to keep 1-2 recruits. I agree that he will have MU improved considerably in a couple 2-3 years but I'm just saying that I'll take Calipari, Wright or Hobbs in a heartbeat over Anderson.

Grimey
4/6/2006, 12:16 PM
by the way, your avatar scares the crap out of me:D

Rock Hard Corn Frog
4/6/2006, 12:34 PM
by the way, your avatar scares the crap out of me:D

Nick & Zepp, real american heroes :D