PDA

View Full Version : I touch myself......

OU Adonis
4/5/2006, 03:11 PM
I always thought that was a highly over rated song.

Another song they played too much back in the "day" was 'I'm too sexy'
What songs do you think are over played or over rated in general?

Osce0la
4/5/2006, 03:12 PM
anything by Blink 182?

Harry Beanbag
4/5/2006, 03:13 PM
That one by Chumbawumba, "Tubgirl" or something like that.

Osce0la
4/5/2006, 03:19 PM
that ONE by chumbawumba? I thought anything being played by them was getting too much airtime...

Pricetag
4/5/2006, 03:20 PM
Good song, but my wife would tell you "When September Ends" by Green Day. They're playing the heck out of that one.

Osce0la
4/5/2006, 03:32 PM
Good song, but my wife would tell you "When September Ends" by Green Day. They're playing the heck out of that one.
I do think this one was overplayed a bit. Seems like it was played at least twice an hour every day here in Birmingham for a while.

ousoonerfan
4/5/2006, 03:39 PM
Don't Worry, Be Happy.

Pour Some Sugar On Me.

Love Shack. Okay, I like Love Shack, but not that much.

GDC
4/5/2006, 03:46 PM
anything by Madonna

OU Adonis
4/5/2006, 03:47 PM
How about "Walk the dinosaur"? Who did that one anyway?

Beef
4/5/2006, 03:48 PM
Ugly Kid Joe.

handcrafted
4/5/2006, 03:53 PM
How about "Walk the dinosaur"? Who did that one anyway?

Was Not Was.

crawfish
4/5/2006, 03:55 PM

Tubthumping.

And thanks for putting it BACK in my head. :mad:

Scott D
4/5/2006, 03:57 PM
Harry and Craw hate pub crawl anthems :D

Pretty much everything on the radio in the last 15 years that was played more than once a day was played too much...in today's era, anything played more than twice a week is played too much.

Pricetag
4/5/2006, 03:57 PM
Was Not Was.
It was actually spelled Was (Not Was). It loses some of the dramatic effect without the parenthesis. :D

handcrafted
4/5/2006, 04:00 PM
It was actually spelled Was (Not Was). It loses some of the dramatic effect without the parenthesis. :D

Yes it does. My bad. :D

handcrafted
4/5/2006, 04:01 PM
Tubthumping.

And thanks for putting it BACK in my head. :mad:

Ohhh, Danny Boy, Danny Boy, Danny Boooooooooy!

Oldnslo
4/5/2006, 04:02 PM
Let it Whip

King Crimson
4/5/2006, 05:05 PM
anything by Smashmouth is unlistenable and a sign the world of man should consume itself in cleansing flames.

Aeroplane by the RHCP is pretty friggin' bad too. One Hot Minute might be one of the worst records ever made.

King Crimson
4/5/2006, 05:06 PM
and Escape Club....what did we do to deserve that crap?

sooneron
4/5/2006, 05:07 PM
The Boyz To Men song - end of the road- kill me

silverwheels
4/5/2006, 05:16 PM
Anything by the following bands:

All-American Rejects
Fall Out Boy
Panic! at the Disco
My Chemical Romance
Matchbook Romance
Hawthorne Heights
Taking Back Sunday
Brand New
Jack's Mannequin
Something Corporate
Mae
Simple Plan
New Found Glory
Jack Johnson
Dave Matthews Band
Gavin DeGraw
Trapt

GottaHavePride
4/5/2006, 05:25 PM
And TPOTUSA. That "peaches" song was WAY overplayed.

I actually thought Weird Al's ripoff (Gump) on their tune (Lump) was better than the original.

handcrafted
4/5/2006, 05:29 PM
A LOT of Weird Al's versions are better than the original. Including the polka medleys.

sooneron
4/5/2006, 05:31 PM
His version of Bad (Fat) RMFO.

I've got more chins than Chinatown!

Vaevictis
4/5/2006, 05:34 PM
Anything by any of post-60's "boy bands" was overplayed... after only one play.

handcrafted
4/5/2006, 05:37 PM
His version of Bad (Fat) RMFO.

I've got more chins than Chinatown!

Not to be overlooked is the most excellent "Amish Paradise"

william_brasky
4/5/2006, 06:36 PM
American Pie - Don McLean - way overplayed

BudSooner
4/5/2006, 06:53 PM
Overplayed-The eyes of Texas are upon you.

Nuff said!

GDC
4/5/2006, 06:54 PM
anything by Frankie Goes To Hollywood

StoopTroup
4/5/2006, 07:12 PM
"Laffy Taffy" cracked me up when I saw it...

http://www.cdusa.com/media/articles/2006/404_D4L/D4L.Fabo.jpghttp://www.artistdirect.com/Images/artd/amg/music/bio/3462440_d4l_200x200.jpg

ChickSoonerFan
4/5/2006, 10:11 PM
Macarena...or how ever you spell it.

sanantoniosooner
4/5/2006, 10:15 PM
messicans were paying us back for achey breaky heart.

proud gonzo
4/5/2006, 11:01 PM

messicans were paying us back for achey breaky heart.

i would go puncture my eardrums but it wouldn't stop the sound of my brain screaming in agony from seeing the titles of those two songs in such close proximity.

AllAboutThe'O'
4/6/2006, 01:54 AM
My list of "overrated" songs, in no particular order:

1. "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang. Why some teams play this over songs like Rare Earth's "I Just Want to Celebrate" or Chic's "Good Times" after their teams win is beyond me. Also when I hear this song, I get the sudden urge to put on some roller skates and do a few laps around the local roller rink.
2. "Rock and Roll Part II" by Gary Glitter. In light of Glitter's recent legal troubles, it kind of disturbs me that sports teams still play this song.
3. "Tootsie Roll" (don't know artist). I can't believe I'm still hearing this song a decade after it's released. Please make it stop.
4. "Y.M.C.A." by Village People. I mean, listen carefully to the lyrics. And consider the group that sang this. Would you play this between innings of your next Little League baseball game?
5. "Get Ready for This" by, I think, 2 Unlimited. See "Tootsie Roll" above.
6. "Sirius" by Alan Parsons Project. It was cool when the Chicago Bulls used this song in the MJ days, but every high school basketball team had to adopt it as their song whenever the starting five got introduced. One hoop team in the area went a different direction; their PA guy played "Start the Commotion." And I love most of the Alan Parsons Project stuff.
7. "Old Time Rock And Roll" by Bob Seger. The one GAWD-awful song that was made by Seger, and people know this song more than any other of his songs simply because freakin' Tom Cruise danced in his freakin' underwear to this song.

As you can tell, I go to a lot of sporting events and pretty much hear the same dreck game after game. Whatever happened to shaking things up and playing different songs?

Vaevictis
4/6/2006, 08:17 AM
Overplayed-I've been working on the rail road

Fixed it for you.

Vaevictis
4/6/2006, 08:19 AM
2. "Rock and Roll Part II" by Gary Glitter. In light of Glitter's recent legal troubles, it kind of disturbs me that sports teams still play this song.

Yeah, it's nice to know that a small fraction of every ticket you buy, every broadcast you watch, and every branded item you purchase goes to a child molester.

(actually, I don't think I've heard that song at any OU games in ... well, I can't remember the last time.)

Harry Beanbag
4/6/2006, 09:09 AM

I heard that ****ing song in dance clubs in 7 different countries 10 years ago, and it sucked *** in every single one of them. :mad:

Boomer_Sooner_sax
4/6/2006, 11:56 AM
[QUOTE=AllAboutThe'O']My list of "overrated" songs, in no particular order:
7. "Old Time Rock And Roll" by Bob Seger. The one GAWD-awful song that was made by Seger, and people know this song more than any other of his songs simply because freakin' Tom Cruise danced in his freakin' underwear to this song.
QUOTE]

That is no lie! That song makes my skin crawl!!!

Pricetag
4/6/2006, 12:10 PM
American Pie - Don McLean - way overplayed
Oh yeah. It's a decent song, but at least twice as long as it really needs to be.

Boarder
4/6/2006, 12:19 PM
This is what y'all get for listening to KJ-103.