PDA

View Full Version : OU's SCHEDULE...

RooseveltRoughRider
4/5/2006, 12:46 PM
Aside from the 2 pansy home games...your Big XII Schedule looks kinda dangerous...

-Baylor in Waco
-OSU in Stoolwater
-A&M in college Station
-Texas in Dallas :D
-Oregon in Eugene
-Missouri in columbia...

WOW..those could all be tough close games.

Octavian
4/5/2006, 12:48 PM
Baylor in Waco

:rolleyes:

Sco
4/5/2006, 12:55 PM
^Hate to bring it up, but last year was close...

RooseveltRoughRider
4/5/2006, 01:02 PM
The Bears have new mindset. I dont see anyone going into Waco mopping them like before,

Widescreen
4/5/2006, 01:08 PM
The Bears have new mindset. I dont see anyone going into Waco mopping them like before,
That gets said every time Baylor gets a new coach. I no longer believe it.

footballfanatic
4/5/2006, 01:18 PM

Umm, we beat them in Waco last year something like 62-0.

boomersooner28
4/5/2006, 01:22 PM
-Baylor in Waco - not even gonna respond to that
-OSU in Stoolwater - QB anyone?
-A&M in college Station - could be interesting
-Texas in Dallas :D - should be interesting
-Oregon in Eugene - lost their runstopper...we have a decent runner
-Missouri in columbia - two words....Gary Pinkel

Quack 10
4/5/2006, 01:24 PM
Oregon in Eugene

We're in the Big XII NW

NickZeppelin
4/5/2006, 01:25 PM

Last year we beat Baylor by a TD in Double OT. The year before we won like 35-0. We only led 7-0 or 14-0 at half time.

After last year I don't think you can realy say that we'll blow out everyone we play. Any game could be close.

sooneriniowa
4/5/2006, 01:31 PM
shhhhhhh but I think footballfanatic is a Hook 'em

Jason White's Third Knee
4/5/2006, 01:34 PM
Last year we beat Baylor by a TD in Double OT. The year before we won like 35-0. We only led 7-0 or 14-0 at half time.

After last year I don't think you can realy say that we'll blow out everyone we play. Any game could be close.

I can say it. We'll blow out a lot of teams this year, including little ol' Baylor. What Baylor did last year was cute and more power to ya sport! It ain't gonna happen again. osu will get throttled. aTm is a mystery. Mo doesn't have Brad Smith. And we have a few warm up games that should be pretty ugly in Wash, Middle Tenn, and UAB. Oregon and Texas are the toughies.

Half a Hundred
4/5/2006, 01:43 PM
shhhhhhh but I think Nick is a Hook 'em

Fixed.

sooneron
4/5/2006, 01:58 PM
ATM, UO, and UTerus are the ones that seem the shakiest. Misery without Brad doesn't seem as gnarly.
Baylor? I think we beat them by 17 or so. They're definitely a program that can be put on the upwardly mobile.
lOSUr - not this year, UNLESS, we have trouble staying focused down the stretch with 4 out of 5 being on the road. That alone, was a good enough reason to leave the osu game in Sep or Oct.

If, by chance we beat texass and oregon, I think someone has a great chance to bite us in the ***. I think that team could be atm.

GDC
4/5/2006, 02:25 PM
Thanks whorn, for coming over here to warn us about OU's difficult schedule.

my god

snp
4/5/2006, 02:36 PM
I can say it. We'll blow out a lot of teams this year, including little ol' Baylor. What Baylor did last year was cute and more power to ya sport! It ain't gonna happen again.

What he said.

I'll give Baylor props for sticking with us last year, and I'll refrain from making fun of them for a year.

But come on, we had Lewis Baker back there who couldn't have gotten more burnt if he was playing on the sun.

AD was out, Kejuan was out, and although Gute had a helluva game with 160+ yards, AD would have ran for 300.

We doubled their TOP. 42-18. They got some breaks and they capitalized on it.

It won't happen again this year, espically since playing at Waco is kinda've a home game anyways.

RooseveltRoughRider
4/5/2006, 02:40 PM
That gets said every time Baylor gets a new coach. I no longer believe it.
True True...but they DID almost become bowl eligible and several Big 12 schools went to the wire with them unlike previous seasons.

RooseveltRoughRider
4/5/2006, 02:43 PM

Yeah,only because Texas jumped on them early. Had they lingered it may have been different. the longer a team stays in the game the more they believe they have a chance to win.

handcrafted
4/5/2006, 02:46 PM
I dunno. Our sched looks kinda wimpy to me. Which is good, this season anyway. I'd just as soon stomp a mudhole in most opponents as opposed to what went on last year.

The home games are kinda lame tho (except for Warshington).

RooseveltRoughRider
4/5/2006, 02:59 PM
Well it does'nt look tough at all, but the situations are kinda tough.
Like A&M sucks...but we all kow they are tough to beat at home, as is Oregon at home. An outsider would waltz into College Station not knowing

GDC
4/5/2006, 03:53 PM
Ha ha, the whorn just told me in a spek comment to stay out of his thread. What a ****dip****.

OUstud
4/5/2006, 03:53 PM
On paper and realistically, we could walk into the "Terrordome" in Stool and kill them. Of course, we never do well up there, with the sun in our eyes and Aggy doing everything in their power to beat big brother.

SicEmBaylor
4/5/2006, 03:58 PM
The perception of Baylor football hasn't changed because people don't pay attention to Baylor football.

We were two OTs away from having a 7-4 season and with respect to Widescreen if you don't see that as a marked improvement from the Steele era then you don't know football or you don't know Baylor. I happen to believe you know your football, so I'll chalk it up to not knowing Baylor.

So what stopped us from having a more successful season last year? Well a number of things including the continual problem of having to build a successful program from the ash heap. A lot of it had to do with our OC who did some good at Baylor but never tooled the offense around our strengths and had serious compatability issues with Bell. I'm totally convinced that if the offensive coaching staff had been able to dedicate themselves to Bell instead of that disasterous late season experiment with Parks then we would have gone bowling.

Well now we have an OC who by all acounts from spring practice has done just an AMAZING job at installing the new offense that takes advantage of our players strengths and is tooled for Bell to take advantage of.

Our defensive showing under Bradley has been nothing short of amazing, and if you look at defensive statistics from last year and the previous year it becomes obvious what a talent DC Bill Bradley is. There's no way we'll be able to keep him in Waco more than 3-4 years.

So will we beat OU next year? Probably not...Does that mean we aren't building a quality football program at Baylor for the first time in a couple of decades? Certain not.

There is going to come a point in time when you can't just blow off Baylor for being Baylor. It's ultimately going to take more wins to get people to shut up about Baylor sucking, but I'd suggest everyone start practicing keeping those lips puckered together. Cause here come the Bears! :D

OUstud
4/5/2006, 05:34 PM
Morriss is building a very solid program down there. You could have realistically beaten A&M, OU, Tech, and NU. Don't you have an Army All-American WR coming in?

Octavian
4/5/2006, 05:38 PM
Like A&M sucks...but we all kow they are tough to beat at home, as is Oregon at home. An outsider would waltz into College Station not knowing

No disagreement about Oregon...OU could very well be undefeated in BigXII play and left outta the NC game b/c Autzen is a trap.

But A&M...they generally play to the level of their competition in College Station. They'll play us and texass tough in cowtown every other year while barely nipping Baylor or getting spanked by the Cyclones.

They're like Okie Lite...they're aggies...and we're not an "outsider" so we'll be ready to rumble come Nov. 4.

SicEmBaylor
4/5/2006, 05:41 PM
Morriss is building a very solid program down there. You could have realistically beaten A&M, OU, Tech, and NU. Don't you have an Army All-American WR coming in?

Yeah David Gettis who is an absolute stud. He was suppose to be in last year but ran into problems getting cleared by the NCAA delaying his entry to Baylor by a year. The guy's a real stud; he made a couple of TDs in the Army All-American game with Sanchez the upcoming USC QB.

Football is secondary though to his track career he's like one of the top 400m runners in the nation and Baylor is kind of 400m U.

BASSooner
4/5/2006, 06:18 PM
Roosevelt, I understand that OUr schedule isn't too tuff. Now even though you guys have ohio state in a pre conference game, you guys also have sam houston state....

Jello Biafra
4/5/2006, 08:50 PM
Yeah David Gettis who is an absolute stud. He was suppose to be in last year but ran into problems getting cleared by the NCAA delaying his entry to Baylor by a year. The guy's a real stud; he made a couple of TDs in the Army All-American game with Sanchez the upcoming USC QB.

Football is secondary though to his track career he's like one of the top 400m runners in the nation and Baylor is kind of 400m U.

wow. now i've heard of QB u and i've heard of LinebackerU and i've even heard LosuR claimed to be RB U but i bet NEVER......in the history of the internet, has anyone seen anyone lay claim to 400m U :)

lufkinaggie07
4/5/2006, 09:05 PM
What's OU's all time record at Kyle, yeah, thought so.:mad:

Jello Biafra
4/5/2006, 09:13 PM

record VS. Franchione? yeh. 5 and OH demmmmmm

Jello Biafra
4/5/2006, 09:15 PM
record VS. Franchione? yeh. 5 and OH demmmmmm

and to make it worse, one of those wins was against boo

Big Red Ron
4/5/2006, 09:16 PM
What's OU's all time record at Kyle, yeah, thought so.:mad:I'm not sure but we won the last time we played there.

Octavian
4/5/2006, 09:16 PM

Stoops and Brown both have winning records at Kyle

not saying Kyle isn't a tough place to win...but by the numbers it isn't the hardest place to win at in the conference in 2000s

Octavian
4/5/2006, 09:20 PM
and recently...Iowa St hung 42 on you

Rhino
4/5/2006, 09:24 PM
We were two OTs away from having a 7-2 season Your math is a little off.

So what stopped us from having a more successful season last year? Well a number of things including the continual problem of having to build a successful program from the ash heap. A lot of it had to do with our OC who did some good at Baylor but never tooled the offense around our strengths and had serious compatability issues with Bell. I'm totally convinced that if the offensive coaching staff had been able to dedicate themselves to Bell instead of that disasterous late season experiment with Parks then we would have gone bowling. I'll never understand why they benched Bell. Also, Moseley is a stud.

What's OU's all time record at Kyle, yeah, thought so.:mad: Stoops is 2-1 there.

The other four games [Blake(2), Gibbs(1) and six years after WWII(1)] are irrelevant.

SicEmBaylor
4/5/2006, 09:46 PM
Your math is a little off.
I'll never understand why they benched Bell. Also, Moseley is a stud.
Oops yeah you're right, I was thinking 5-4 (I've been reading too many Supreme Court decisions lately ;-))
Sorry should be 7-4. Bell was benched because Pease had some personality conflicts with Bell and always felt that he could really make something out of Parks. Parks technically has a better arm but he doesn't have Shawn's decision making skills. Also the biggest asset with Bell is that he is definitely the leader of the offense. They respond better with him in the huddle than any other QB on the roster.

The Consumate Showman
4/5/2006, 10:14 PM
OMG people. First off...go away jackass troll whorns. let's talk about your non-conf. schedule, which I'm not going to take the time to look for, but don't you have a date with tOSU?? Mark it down: Loss.

The arguement of Baylor shouldn't even be posted here. Yes they were decent this year, but it's Baylor guys...nuff said. And to respond to Nick Zepp about our last game at Baylor...go back and look at the tape, AD had his 200+ in what, the middle of the third? We could have scored about 62 on Baylor, but unlike Mack, we reserve OUr beat downs for legit teams like, ooooh, what's that team???? Texas? And please DO NOT even try to start harping on OU for aTm.....we were walking around on the field and scoring with 4th teamers and walk-ons.

As for the rest of the "tough" games:

AFLAC - a close game throughout, much like the Holiday Bowl, but AD pulls us through in the fourth with a couple of 50+ TD runs behind our surging OL and their fading DL. 35-21

aTm - c'mon...Franny started wetting the bed after Reynaldo saved the day. 38-13

Saxet - another close one.....at half. AD carries the team into half leading UT 21-14 on 3 rushing TD's....Bomar opens up the passing game in the second half catching Saxet off guard. OU wins 42-21.

Mizzou - OMG. Just because the illeterate VY couldn't catch the snap in Saxet's game against them this past year and let Smith keep the tigers in it does NOT mean OU will struggle with them. Smith is gone and Pinkel couldn't coach a girls JV team. OU wins running away 41-10

You whorns ought to start accepting the fact that VY is going to really HURT your team this year. We saw what happened at OU this year when your QB is somewhat ineffective. Be prepared whorns; you may lose a few this year (2-3)....

goingoneight
4/5/2006, 10:22 PM
Baylor could be on the rise of not necessarily being a BCS contender, but maybe something like OSU was under Les Miles. They definitely showed promise against Iowa State, A&M, and OSU. We're not looking at the eyes of the BIG 12 South, but be careful OU...

I'll say it, I thought early on in 2005, Baylor had the best chance of upsetting [texan]. If Vince came in hot-headed, anyone could have beaten him, remember his first half performance in Stoolwater? The guy IS human. Once again Baylor not perfect, but might be a reasonable challenge.

OSU has "bought" several highly touted recruits in, and if they can run the offensive scheme Fedora says they're working on, they'll be bowl-eligible, but nothing more. Props to Gumby for running that program with discipline, though. I would rather go 8-4 with an honorable coach, than win out with criminals in the backfield. If OU lets the faggies fire them up, instead of putting them down (refer to 2002 Bedlam matchup), 56-0 is possible.

Misery, not worried, unless they open a can of "BCS whupass," as you might have figured... don't see it happeneing.

Oregon at Eugene will be a toughie if OUr OL isn't yet established, but taking Ngata away opens up the lanes for AD to own them.

Texass and Texass A&M could actualy be alright this season, but I think UT without 2005 seniors= OU 2005. You get the comparison, talent without experience. They say Fran has made "necessary changes to rebuild the Aggies" in spring 2006 practices on FSN. Stephen McGee sucked against us, but did quite well against National Champion UT 2005 at CS. Should be the more interesting of your selected group of threats.

The real one I'm thinking will stress OU could be Colorado. I've heard, and only heard, not seen, that Dan Hawkins is there on the way up. People seem to like him, and his practices are just as droning on the players as Stoops'. They kinda flopped two years in a row right at the end of what would have been a good season for CU. If Hawkins isn't the choke type, look out on Oct 21. I have no hard facts, I'm just stating what I've heard and read.

OUr schedule is a walk in the park when compared to the nightmare of 2005, but still tough enough (when compared to history) to be among the toughest in the country.

NickZeppelin
4/5/2006, 10:24 PM
The arguement of Baylor shouldn't even be posted here. Yes they were decent this year, but it's Baylor guys...nuff said. And to respond to Nick Zepp about our last game at Baylor...go back and look at the tape, AD had his 200+ in what, the middle of the third? We could have scored about 62 on Baylor, but unlike Mack, we reserve OUr beat downs for legit teams like, ooooh, what's that team???? Texas? And please DO NOT even try to start harping on OU for aTm.....we were walking around on the field and scoring with 4th teamers and walk-ons.

Last year were were more talented then everyteam we played by far except for Texas maybe you can argue Oregon too. Yet every game was close and we probably should have lost most of those games.

RooseveltRoughRider
4/5/2006, 11:15 PM
Texass and Texass A&M could actualy be alright this season, but I think UT without 2005 seniors= OU 2005. You get the comparison, talent without experience

Care to explain that one? You honestly think the 2006 Horns will be equal to the 2005 Sooners? I would love to hear this one. They dont even match up well. So basically, your saying 16 starters returning from a Natl' Championship team is how good the Sooners were LAST YEAR????

The OL, DL, WR, and DB's of this years Horns will be better than last years Sooners. And so is all aspects of Special Teams.

The jury is still out on the QB's. Peterson is a great RB, but if he is hurt OU is in trouble. Texas has a stable. How can you compare the two teams? Inexperience at QB is all they have in common, nothing else.

GDC
4/5/2006, 11:18 PM
You are the now officially second to Herr for the whorn I hate the most.

Jello Biafra
4/5/2006, 11:25 PM
Texass and Texass A&M could actualy be alright this season, but I think UT without 2005 seniors= OU 2005. You get the comparison, talent without experience

Care to explain that one? You honestly think the 2006 Horns will be equal to the 2005 Sooners? I would love to hear this one. They dont even match up well. So basically, your saying 16 starters returning from a Natl' Championship team is how good the Sooners were LAST YEAR????

The OL, DL, WR, and DB's of this years Horns will be better than last years Sooners. And so is all aspects of Special Teams.

The jury is still out on the QB's. Peterson is a great RB, but if he is hurt OU is in trouble. Texas has a stable. How can you compare the two teams? Inexperience at QB is all they have in common, nothing else.

F*$% me ymssr bish!

you serious you f'ing ****** bag? do you remember our nc game in 2000? we went 11-2 the next year. losing THE player of the game and the heisman trophy runner up. starting to sound familiar? as i recall, that defense and the 2002 defense was pretty damn good as well.

it matters not how much better than us you are. it hasn't mattered for 5 years and as long as stoops is on our sidelines, it never will.

yeh if AD is hurt we're through allright. keep thnking that. keep your head in the sand and never admit that we could EVER recruit a better rb than the current. we had a better running back than you guys from 2000- to present and a better fb in the same time frame. i don't see that trend being over at any time soon.

c'mere and choke yerself!!!!!!

BASSooner
4/5/2006, 11:28 PM
Roosevelt you ALMOST got me until you said that you're DBs will get better. Losing C Griffin and Huff suck balls. You guys won't be NEAR as good as you guys were in the secondary.

Jello Biafra
4/5/2006, 11:29 PM
Last year were were more talented then everyteam we played by far except for Texas maybe you can argue Oregon too. Yet every game was close and we probably should have lost most of those games.

http://www.uncledirtae.com/blog/images/bunny.jpg

Desert Sapper
4/6/2006, 07:54 AM

OK, Roosevelt. Here's a comparison for you.

OL - Oklahoma lost 3 starters including 2 All-Americans (Vince Carter and Outland Winner Jammal Brown) in 2004, but returned a 'better lineman' in Davin Joseph for 2005
-Saxet loses 2 starters, Will Allen and All-American Jon Scott, but returns a 'better lineman' in Kasey Studdard for 2006.

RB - OU lost none of its backfield, returning freshman phenom All-American and Heisman runner-up Adrian Peterson in 2005

- Saxet returns all of its backfield, including freshman phenom Jamaal Charles for 2006.

QB - OU lost Heisman Trophy Winner and All American Jason White, returning three QBs with limited experience and one with only a redshirt year for 2005.

-Saxet loses Heisman runner-up and Rose Bowl MVP Vince Young, returning only one QB that was even on the team last year, and bringing in a freshman with no experience in 2006.

WR - OU lost leading receiver and All-American Mark Clayton, returning Travis Wilson, who was in many ways 'better' than Clayton for 2005.

-Saxet loses leading receiver David Thomas, but returns a bevy of receivers that are 'better' for 2006.

DL - OU lost two starters including All-American DE Dan Cody off the line in 2004, but returned Larry Birdine, got stud DT Dusty Dvoracek, and most of the two and three deep for 2005. The arrival of freshman DT DeMarcus Granger is heralded.

-Saxet loses starter Rod Wright, but returns stud DT Frank Okam and most of the two and three deep at both end and tackle for 2006. The arrival of redshirt freshman Roy Miller (who was on the same Army AA game line as Granger) is heralded.

LB - OU lost Gayron Allen and stud middle backer Lance Mitchell, but return stud outside backer Ruuuuufus Alexander and herald a bevy of talented newcomers.

- Saxet loses stud middle backer Aaron Harris, but return unsung heroes Robert Killebrew and Rashad Bobino, as well as heralding a bevy of talented newcomers.

DB - OU lost starters across the board, particularly safeties Brodney Pool and Donte Nicholson, but sooner fans saw the 'bright light at the end of the tunnel', because these DBs couldn't get it done against USC and a bevy of talented youngsters were ready to step in immediately for 2005.

- Saxet loses starters Cedric Griffin and Thorpe Award Winner Michael Huff, but whorn fans see the 'bright light at the end of the tunnel', because of a talented bevy of youngsters ready to step in immediately for 2006.

ST - OU lost PR Antonio Perkins and KR Mark Bradley, but returned both kickers and had the personnel to replace any gaps in both return teams.

- Saxet loses P Richmond McGee and PK David Pino, but returns the majority of the return game and have the personnel to replace any gaps in both return teams.

Lessons learned -
1. QB is important - losing a star is hard to fix
2. OL can be replaced, but if you lose more than one (and especially great players) in a given year, the chemistry has to get right again and that may take time, no matter how good any one starter is.
3. No matter how good the young kids are waiting in the wings, their value is directly proportional to their experience. With more of the latter, the former increases exponentially.
4. No matter how enticing that 'bright light at the end of the tunnel' is, don't be fooled. It's probably an oncoming train.
5. Red River is not a fun place to have an inexperienced QB, especially if you have to replace any starters on the OL.

Have fun.

The Consumate Showman
4/6/2006, 08:19 AM
Thank You Sapper. Right on! Great insight.

Nick, are you a freakin' whorn fan dude. Or just a doomsday sooner fan. Don't be a chicken little fan!

RooseVeltEasyRider - your head is so far up Mack Brown's arse, nobody can tell where he ends and you begin. Wake-UP. You guys ARE NOT going to be as good as you were in 2005. I agree with GDC earlier comment, you are quickly rising on my list of whornies to hate....

MojoRisen
4/6/2006, 10:02 AM

Better cup the groin with one hand while you are screaming and use the other to cover the brown eye- because Granger AH U Birdine pendelton Mccoy and Thibs will be looking for some action this year!

NickZeppelin
4/6/2006, 10:25 AM
Nick, are you a freakin' whorn fan dude. Or just a doomsday sooner fan. Don't be a chicken little fan!

I don't understand how anyone can watch Texas play. I didn't even watch the RB for that reason.

RooseveltRoughRider
4/6/2006, 10:46 AM
You guys are missing my comparison..Im not comparing the SITUATIONS of Ou's NC team and Ut's..

I was referring to TEXAS 2006 and OU 2005. I'm not seeing how you could say they are equal as a team. So your saying last years Sooners could beat this coming years Longhorns??????

Desert Sapper
4/6/2006, 11:37 AM
You guys are missing my comparison..Im not comparing the SITUATIONS of Ou's NC team and Ut's..

I was referring to TEXAS 2006 and OU 2005. I'm not seeing how you could say they are equal as a team. So your saying last years Sooners could beat this coming years Longhorns??????

I'm just saying you shouldn't be as optimistic as you are being. It will take quite a lot to overcome losing the 11 starters from this years NC team. Just using the 'we've got a bunch of talent waiting in the wings' argument isn't realistic. We used that argument before this season, because we were just as delusional as you are. Granted, we had more setbacks than anybody could reasonably be expected to overcome easily, but it all started with the loss of our 11 starters to the 2005 NFL draft. If you are naive enough to believe losing VY, David Thomas, Will Allen, Jon Scott, Ahmard Hall, David Pino, Rod Wright, Aaron Harris, Ced Griffin, Michael Huff, and Richmond McGee won't set you back at all, go right ahead. You just better hope your coaching staff isn't nearly as unrealistic. Both of our teams have a ton of talent, but experience is critical, and you are losing much more experience than we are going into 2006. You are losing about the equivalent of what we lost going into 2005. You might want to prepare yourself now.

David Earl
4/6/2006, 11:39 AM
Jello, stop the name calling. Roosevelt, don't post garbage in spek comments to GDC or anybody else. You get a day off for that. Everybody else cool it.