PDA

View Full Version : UT to play TCU in football

Herr Scholz
4/5/2006, 10:39 AM
Starting next year. Just an FYI. Why does this concern Sooner fans you might ask? I would submit that we're looking to keep our recruiting presence strong in the Metroplex after the last Cotton Bowl RRS in '07. Just more evidence in my mind (along with our expanded stadium) that our Dallas game has only two more years.

By CALVIN WATKINS / The Dallas Morning News

TCU and Texas officials are in discussions about playing a home-and-home series in football starting next season. TCU coach Gary Patterson said something could be finalized in the next three weeks. The first game of the series, if it happens, would be in Austin.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/texas/stories/040506dnspotcushort.37e5271.html

sOOnerz311
4/5/2006, 10:43 AM
go horned frogs!

Jimminy Crimson
4/5/2006, 11:25 AM
:les:We'll play any sucker in the country!

So some years, UTerus will have a game in Fort Worth and one in Arlington. Muy interesante!

TexasLidig8r
4/5/2006, 11:39 AM
:les:We'll play any sucker in the country!

So some years, UTerus will have a game in Fort Worth and one in Arlington. Muy interesante!

If the game has to leave the Cotton Bowl, I hope you're right and it only goes to Jerry's World.

Dayum.. the thought of that insipid, tea-sippin', leftist, dingbat Laura Miller just makes me SEE FRIGGIN' RED. WHAT A MORON.... GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR:mad: :mad: :mad:

Jimminy Crimson
4/5/2006, 11:50 AM
If the game has to leave the Cotton Bowl, I hope you're right and it only goes to Jerry's World.

Dayum.. the thought of that insipid, tea-sippin', leftist, dingbat Laura Miller just makes me SEE FRIGGIN' RED. WHAT A MORON.... GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR:mad: :mad: :mad:

I saw that beyonce on a commercial recently talking about how great Dallas is.

Too bad the woman has nothing to do with it! :mad:

I'd rather OU and UT not play if it isn't a neutral site game. We all have seen how taking away our series with Nebbish has done to that...

sooneron
4/5/2006, 12:01 PM
http://www.ryanphotographic.com/imagesFROG%20003%20Asian%20Horned%20frog%20portrai t.jpg

The Consumate Showman
4/5/2006, 12:05 PM
Well, TCU is no slouch as we all found out. UT better not be scheduling them with the idea in mind that they are going to be blowing them out in front of their Austin crowd. Patterson is a damn good coach. He willl give the whorns all they want, you can count on that.

Scott D
4/5/2006, 01:35 PM
Starting next year. Just an FYI. Why does this concern Sooner fans you might ask? I would submit that we're looking to keep our recruiting presence strong in the Metroplex after the last Cotton Bowl RRS in '07. Just more evidence in my mind (along with our expanded stadium) that our Dallas game has only two more years.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/texas/stories/040506dnspotcushort.37e5271.html

What's wrong? Were all of the Louisiana Directional Schools busy next year?

TheUnnamedSooner
4/5/2006, 01:54 PM
Can someone please post this article? I'm lazy and don't want to register...

BASSooner
4/5/2006, 02:11 PM
Oh boy I can't wait to see the "haha we beat tcu and you guys couldnt!" phrases next year.

SicEmBaylor
4/5/2006, 02:23 PM
We will dispatch with TCU this upcoming season like slimey amphibi-rodents that they are.

GDC
4/5/2006, 02:24 PM
Hey! UT scheduling updates, lord we need more Tuesdays.

snp
4/5/2006, 02:41 PM
Can someone please post this article? I'm lazy and don't want to register...

bugmenot.com...

Get firefox, get the bmn extension, and you never have any of these problems again.

tbl
4/5/2006, 05:35 PM

I haven't read through this, but it's not Laura Miller on this one. It's the city council and the stupid people of Dallas that keep voting them in. She tried to get the strong mayor system in place, and the ingrates voted it down.

Jello Biafra
4/5/2006, 05:37 PM
in unrelated news, northtexas christian womans academy vowed to never play u of t again. ever.

TexasLidig8r
4/5/2006, 05:55 PM
I haven't read through this, but it's not Laura Miller on this one. It's the city council and the stupid people of Dallas that keep voting them in. She tried to get the strong mayor system in place, and the ingrates voted it down.

Miller was strongly against the American Airlines Center.. claimed that it would never fly, there would be no development around it.. uh. Laura.. wrong again.

Miller negotiated, along with some hand picked cronies, with Jerry Jones to have the Cotton Bowl completely rebuilt and have Jerry's World be at Fair Park. She dropped the ball there to, did not believe in the project or that that would not only revitalize Fair Park but the eastern part of Deep Ellum and so... He got a deal with Arlington.

Now.. she is not respected by the corporate structure in Dallas which could fund a majority part of the renovations to the Cotton Bowl and as a result, the options for funding are limited.

She has a history of opposing athletic venues to revitalize the economy in Dallas and as a result, her lack of vision, her lack of negotiation skills, her lack of respect in the power structure... a tradition existing since 1929 will be lost in two short years.

Shameful and unforgiveable. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

olevetonahill
4/5/2006, 08:28 PM
And we care about anything saxet , WHY ?:rolleyes:

Jello Biafra
4/5/2006, 08:33 PM
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH i blow goats.....BLAH BLAH.....herr schultz makes it hurt so good...........BLAH BLAH BLAH.........my bus driver once touched me in my privates......:

and you prolly donated to the wenches re-election campaign...whasss yer point?

cobrapilot
4/5/2006, 08:58 PM
Herr you all get to play in the cotton bowl the years you dont get to visit your condos in san diego..why do you need to play tcu too??

picasso
4/5/2006, 10:05 PM
any college team that wears purple sucks.

FroggyStyle22
4/5/2006, 10:22 PM
sucks enough to win at your place............okay let the negspeck begin

picasso
4/5/2006, 10:29 PM
sucks enough to win at your place............okay let the negspeck begin
congrats on your scoreboard. that is big, believe me.

do you still suck? of course you do.

goingoneight
4/5/2006, 10:41 PM
TCU's year of fame did good for them I guess, hope Patterson keeps it up and doesn't ditch them.

Still I say if Holiday Bowl version Sooners played TCU, the game would have been O-V-E-R in the third! No injured AD, no Fumbles McScrambles QB, no overshooting receivers like PT did early on, and ex-nay on entin Chaney-Quay. Defense still kinda sucked most of the season, Rufus and Dvoracek were the only standouts IMHO. Good talent, no unity.

FroggyStyle22
4/5/2006, 10:50 PM
While I agree that the Holiday Bowl sooners were light years ahead of where they were that game, the frogs improved drastically as well. Not sure who would have won but I don't think it would have been over in the 3rd. Who knows.

I don't think Patterson will leave. He was contacted by K-State (his alma mater) and signed a contract extension this year. He really likes Fort Worth and talks as though he is done moving (not that that really means anything).

picasso
4/5/2006, 10:53 PM
k-state wouldn't be much of a step.

FroggyStyle22
4/5/2006, 10:54 PM
k-state wouldn't be much of a step.

I don't think so either.

jacru
4/5/2006, 11:12 PM
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/7306/hornfrog7or.jpg

footballfanatic
4/6/2006, 06:26 AM
TCU's year of fame did good for them I guess, hope Patterson keeps it up and doesn't ditch them.

Still I say if Holiday Bowl version Sooners played TCU, the game would have been O-V-E-R in the third! No injured AD, no Fumbles McScrambles QB, no overshooting receivers like PT did early on, and ex-nay on entin Chaney-Quay. Defense still kinda sucked most of the season, Rufus and Dvoracek were the only standouts IMHO. Good talent, no unity.

Maybe, just maybe TCU deserves a LITTLE credit. They came into your house and did what few teams do there. Just shows you can't take anyone lightly anymore.

Desert Sapper
4/6/2006, 06:40 AM
The horny toads have done pretty well lately. They've gotten to the respectable level on O and D. I'm personally hoping they kick the whorns in the jimmy. Repeatedly. I'm not going to lay money down on it, though.

Go Fightin' Frogs!! Make saxet respect your froggystyle!!

TheUnnamedSooner
4/8/2006, 09:43 AM
Don't think it would help much in recruiting, the whorns will play in Ft. Worth in 2007 and then the series would be over...

sooneron
4/8/2006, 11:24 AM
Maybe we should schedule smu?