PDA

View Full Version : How Gullible are you?

Sooner in Tampa
4/5/2006, 06:12 AM
http://www.newstarget.com/gullibility.html

Time for another "quiz"

I scored a 73

If you were in The Matrix, you would have taken the red pill, but you would still be in a state of mild disbelief about the nature of reality. You are essentially unplugged, but still untrained. With more knowledge, you could become a true free thinker.

Desert Sapper
4/5/2006, 06:51 AM

If you were in The Matrix, you would have taken the red pill, completed the combat training, and started fighting (and beating) agents from day one.

I think the guy is slightly off base in some instances and dead on in others.

[rant]I think he's right about reporting on Iraq, but for the wrong reasons. The vast reporting that we get on Iraq is negative. The vast majority of 'freedom fighters' are actually foreign nationals (Iranians, Jordanians, Syrians, and Saudis most notably) that are performing terrorist actions in Iraq that kill more civilians monthly than America did in the entire initial invasion (to include the shock and awe bombing campaign). There are some Iraqis that continue to fight us, but they are either part of the al Sadr camp or are former Saddam employees. Very few true 'freedom fighters' are doing any fighting in Iraq, and the ones that do are the ones that are fighting beside us, not against us. The real travesty of Iraq reporting is the constant neglect of any positive efforts by coalition forces and the Iraqi people to rebuild a stable society. The only thing positive I have seen so far out of our media has been the elections, and even those were downplayed by the mainstream media. I'm fairly certain this has something to do with selling their product to the average consumer, and people like bad news for whatever reason (personal agenda, etc.). Sorry to soap box, but this comment really got my goat.[/rant complete]

crawfish
4/5/2006, 07:29 AM
I only scored a 65, but I'm not naive enough to believe that. :)

The poll has a little bias of its own, not all the questions are clear-cut, and certainly some of its answers are open to debate.

Desert Sapper
4/5/2006, 07:36 AM
What does your Matrix thing say?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/5/2006, 07:44 AM
I scored a 70. It said I was a "Learner."

colleyvillesooner
4/5/2006, 07:48 AM

OUDoc
4/5/2006, 07:58 AM
I think that quiz is a little biased.
Case in point: Vitamin E is fat-soluble and can build to toxic levels in the body.

And I got a 67.

OU4LIFE
4/5/2006, 08:28 AM

SCOUT
4/5/2006, 09:03 AM
I scored an 88 but only because I got bored and just filled in false for the last quarter of the questions. In the explanation section, this seems like a bold claim

All the clean hydrogen we need to power the world is already contained in crystals at the bottom of the ocean called gas hydrates.
TRUE. The mainstream U.S. press doesn't talk about it much, but the world's hydrogen problems have a ready solution. Frozen ice crystals found off the shores of Canada, Japan, Russia, Iceland and other nations with Northern shores contain vast quantities of clean, frozen hydrogen -- enough to power the entire world far beyond the limits of petroleum reserves. The U.S. press doesn't talk much about gas hydrates, preferring to focus on hydrogen derived from either natural gas or petroleum (resources the U.S. tends to own or control).

TopDaugIn2000
4/5/2006, 09:18 AM
I'm also a "learner"

afs
4/5/2006, 09:27 AM

Harry Beanbag
4/5/2006, 09:30 AM

I find it difficult to answer questions based on somebody else's biased worldview and not on the truth.

yermom
4/5/2006, 09:41 AM
Your GF score is 91.

Free Thinker
Welcome to the top 5%. You're a true free thinker and a person who is well informed about the reality in which you live. Although you may have been easily manipulated earlier in life, you eventually gained lucidity and developed a healthy sense of skepticism that you now automatically apply to your observations and experiences. You are endlessly curious about human behavior and the nature of the universe, and you have one or more lifestyle habits that most people would consider odd or unusual. You are not only of very high intelligence, you are also extremely creative in one or more areas (music, art, software development, inventing, etc.)

If you were in The Matrix, you would have taken the red pill, completed the combat training, and started fighting (and beating) agents from day one.

Your architects: You have cast off reality distortions taught to you by your parents, schooling, corporate advertising and government propaganda. You create your own beliefs based on what serves you best, without much regard for what the rest of the crowd is doing. You are guided by your own internal code of ethics (which may or may not agree with politically-correct ethical codes) rather than any pre-set system of ethics (such as from any one religion).

take that Agent Smith!

Sooner in Tampa
4/5/2006, 09:44 AM
you eventually gained lucidity

I glad that **** never happened to me. :D

SoonerInKCMO
4/5/2006, 09:46 AM
I scored an 88 but only because I got bored and just filled in false for the last quarter of the questions. In the explanation section, this seems like a bold claim

That's the same one I was going to comment on. Seems like extracting and processing something that's frozen might have a lot more unresolved technical challenges than oil extraction. Besides, it's not clean hydrogen that's locked up in the crystals, it's methane.

And Doc, what do you know about vitamin E? Everyone knows that medical schools don't give doctors a solid education in nutrition, disease prevention and healthy lifestyle habits. :P

soonerscuba
4/5/2006, 09:52 AM
76. And as much as I love "A People's History of the United States", I find his insistence on it as something of a bible a little biased.

4/5/2006, 09:53 AM
I got a 76.

Now here, buy my book.

Geeze.

OUinFLA
4/5/2006, 10:10 AM
82 here.
take advantage of me now while Im less than perfect

Vaevictis
4/5/2006, 10:13 AM
That's the same one I was going to comment on. Seems like extracting and processing something that's frozen might have a lot more unresolved technical challenges than oil extraction. Besides, it's not clean hydrogen that's locked up in the crystals, it's methane.

Technological challenges can be surmounted. The real issue is that you're just trading one exhaustible resource for another. Sooner or later, that frozen hydrocarbon source is going to be exhausted, and then you have to go find another.

The very long term solution (based on what we currently know of physics) needs to be centered around reversible processes (ie, 2(H2)(O) + E <=> 2H2 + O2) and effectively inexhaustible energy sources such as solar and tidal forces.

(imo, of course)

4/5/2006, 10:14 AM
http://i.xanga.com/JennyG/t/Allyce%20hook%20mouth.jpg

OUinFLA
4/5/2006, 10:18 AM
effectively inexhaustible energy sources such as solar and tidal forces.

Yeah, that's the ticket.
More tidal waves are the answer!
just think how many barrels of oil we save each year due to tidal waves wipping out huge numbers of people who use up the oil reserves!

Osce0la
4/5/2006, 10:27 AM
http://www.newstarget.com/gullibility.html

Time for another "quiz"

I scored a 73
73 for me too...

SoonerInKCMO
4/5/2006, 10:35 AM
Technological challenges can be surmounted. The real issue is that you're just trading one exhaustible resource for another. Sooner or later, that frozen hydrocarbon source is going to be exhausted, and then you have to go find another.

Oh, I agree that the challenges can most likely be surmounted given enough time and research. It's just that the guy writing the quiz is seemingly disregarding them and saying (in effect) "Hey man, we gots plenty of energy over here in these crystals... it's just them big bad oil people and the U.S. gubment that don't want nobody to know about it." Using the crystals for energy is just going to be a lot more complicated than his biased presentation would lead one to believe.

MamaMia
4/5/2006, 10:42 AM
I scored a 76, however some of his statements are too close minded and open ended.

Vaevictis
4/5/2006, 10:48 AM
just think how many barrels of oil we save each year due to tidal waves wipping out huge numbers of people who use up the oil reserves!

... maybe I just have no sense of humor today, but you are kidding, right?

Sooner in Tampa
4/5/2006, 10:56 AM
... maybe I just have no sense of humor today, but you are kidding, right?I am positive that he was exercising his sense of humor...I KNOW he was using his sense of humor.

OUinFLA
4/5/2006, 11:31 AM
right.
it's a bit demented sometimes, but always lurking.

Stanley1
4/5/2006, 12:31 PM
What a joke.

Sooner in Tampa
4/5/2006, 12:59 PM
What a joke.Come on Stan...join the fun :P

OhU1
4/5/2006, 01:00 PM
91 I'm a cynical bastard.

It was very predicatable what the survey wanted you to answer. Lots of loaded questions and debatable "correct" answers. I would have preferred a more skillfully developed test regarding popular common myths.

Stanley1
4/5/2006, 01:02 PM
Come on Stan...join the fun :P

No, I did it. I was saying that their answers were a joke. So I'm gullible for believing one thing, but the dude that wrote the quiz isn't for "believing" his side? Very few of those questions had a black and white answer.

NormanPride
4/5/2006, 01:19 PM
I scored a 3, but my friends tell me that's okay.

ultimatesooner1
4/5/2006, 01:43 PM