PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch the Barry Bonds show...

Collier11
4/5/2006, 12:01 AM
....tonight on Espn 2, ive never liked the guy even before the whole steroid thing and that makes me dislike the guy even more, but it was tough to watch. Although the guy brings most of the stuff on himself, it was interesting to watch him break down and start crying on camera because of everything he puts up with and how it affects him and his family. I know this wont be a popular opinion on here, but sometimes we forget that people are just humans who make mistakes, but because they are athletes they get so much scrutiny, I dont know if I could take it!

Ruuuuuufus
4/5/2006, 09:15 AM
Character issues aside I thought it was a pretty good show.

colleyvillesooner
4/5/2006, 09:29 AM
Like you said, he brings it on himself.

He cheated, he knows it. I'm sorry for what his family has to go through, but if he wasn't juicing, none of this would have happened.

Rhino
4/5/2006, 10:16 AM
I've never seen someone believe his own lies as much as Bonds.

He's so fake in everything he does. He's creepy too.

Herr Scholz
4/5/2006, 10:17 AM
He deserves every bit of criticism he gets. Not only is he a cheater, he's a complete jerk to everyone around him and is a big racist to boot. I look forward to him tieng Baby Ruth's record and getting showered with boos while his teammates don't even greet him at the plate.

Quick story: Greg Luzinski, who used to play for the White Sox, was hitting up former colleagues to sign items that he was going to auction off to raise money for children's cancer (he has a foundation). This type of thing is very common to raise money. Bonds refused to sign anything by saying, "I don't sign for white people." Even for CHILDREN'S CANCER.

Collier11
4/5/2006, 10:59 AM
Ive heard that story, and I do feel extremely bad for his family...I dont know, I know the guy is a prick but I just dont like to see people criticized to the point of breaking down for a sport, something about that bugs me

Herr Scholz
4/5/2006, 11:02 AM
to the point of breaking down...
That's just because he messed up all of his hormones with the Cream and the Clear. Steroid users are basket cases.

colleyvillesooner
4/5/2006, 11:02 AM
Ive heard that story, and I do feel extremely bad for his family...I dont know, I know the guy is a prick but I just dont like to see people criticized to the point of breaking down for a sport, something about that bugs me

Dude, if he wasn't such a ****wad in the first place, nobody would be riding him this hard.

Collier11
4/5/2006, 11:04 AM
I realize that colleyville and im not defending the guy, I cant stand him actually and I hope he quits yesterday and never plays again, but that doesnt mean I like for him or anyone else to suffer even if it was brought on by himself

GrapevineSooner
4/5/2006, 11:15 AM
You know what ****es me off about this?

Now that Bonds has a reality show on ESPN, they seem to have backed off on him even going so far as to talk about horrible it was that some fan in San Diego dared to throw a syringe at him.

As I've said before, I'm as much of a Giants fan as anyone you'll find.

But like Collier said, Bonds brought all of this on himself and deserves every bit of scorn and syringe throwing that he gets. I have no sympathy for the man whatsoever.

Collier11
4/5/2006, 11:19 AM
I guess I just differ in that area, I dont mind the boos or the signs but the other stuff is what bothers me

Scott D
4/5/2006, 11:27 AM
You know what ****es me off about this?

Now that Bonds has a reality show on ESPN, they seem to have backed off on him even going so far as to talk about horrible it was that some fan in San Diego dared to throw a syringe at him.

As I've said before, I'm as much of a Giants fan as anyone you'll find.

But like Collier said, Bonds brought all of this on himself and deserves every bit of scorn and syringe throwing that he gets. I have no sympathy for the man whatsoever.

boo him fine. Throw **** on the field and get thrown out and face charges as far as I'm concerned. It was dispicable when they threw batteries at Dave Parker, it's dispicable now to throw stuff at Bonds.

Make a sign, boo him, turn your back every time he's at bat. At least respect the game and the other 49 players on the two rosters.

GrapevineSooner
4/5/2006, 01:28 PM
It was dispicable when they threw batteries at Dave Parker, it's dispicable now to throw stuff at Bonds

Fair point.

The story I heard is that a syringe was tossed in the general vicinity of Bonds. Whether or not it was a toss or the fan tried to drill Bonds with it doesn't matter I suppose.

Ruuuuuufus
4/5/2006, 06:33 PM
I gotta disagree, no baseball player deserves death threats, even if he is a major ***.

Collier11
4/5/2006, 07:32 PM
Thats what im sayin RU, its just not sensible to put a guy through this just cus he is a jerk and probably did steroids

Herr Scholz
4/6/2006, 10:50 AM
I'm going to enjoy the boos the entire season. I'll just sit back with some popcorn. His Karma came back to him quick.

Collier11
4/6/2006, 01:55 PM
Ill enjoy the boos as well, Ill love them...its the other crap that I dont want to see(HERR)

Herr Scholz
4/6/2006, 02:11 PM
Ill enjoy the boos as well, Ill love them...its the other crap that I dont want to see(HERR)
There's no place for racism or violence or people throwing things at him if that's what you mean. He deserves all the merciless heckling possible though. And if it's too much for him, he can leave the public eye.

Another thing, as far as him playing the race card and comparing his run towards this record with Hank Aaron's (that his life and the racism he has had to endure have mirrored Hank Aaron's at all) is despicable. Barroid, people don't like you because you're a complete jerkoff and a cheater, not because you're black. I guarantee if it were Ken Griffey Jr. making this run at the all-time record, the entire country would be behind him.

What ever happened to MLK's "judging a man by the content of his character, not by the color of his skin..."? Barry's being judged in the correct way.

mrowl
4/6/2006, 02:17 PM
it was a frickin' WATER syringe. EVERY media outlet blew that up for nothing.

I REALLY wish he was coming to arlington this season, but I don't think he will last the whole year. Either kicked out, retired, or hurt.

And why would anyone watch this show? And I agree that ESPN is now backing off the whole roids thing now that they need to support the show.

Collier11
4/6/2006, 02:22 PM
HERR, what I would truly love is for Bonds to get hurt(not seriously) or retire short of Hank's record and for Griffey Jr to make a run at it, I dont know if Griffey has 4 or 5 more years left with his injury history, but if he did he could get to it. Griff hit 35 hr's last year and he missed a month of the season

Scott D
4/6/2006, 02:31 PM
I bet that Griffey would get death threats too.

Collier11
4/6/2006, 02:42 PM
Of course he would, he is still african-american and there unfortunately are still racist IDIOTS out there, but it wouldnt be to the level of Bonds cus Bonds is so Polarizing and disliked

Scott D
4/6/2006, 04:26 PM
it was a frickin' WATER syringe. EVERY media outlet blew that up for nothing.

I REALLY wish he was coming to arlington this season, but I don't think he will last the whole year. Either kicked out, retired, or hurt.

And why would anyone watch this show? And I agree that ESPN is now backing off the whole roids thing now that they need to support the show.

I think the media should blow up any incident that involves people throwing stuff onto the field, or 'fans' getting on the field in as much negative light as possible. Especially to the point of showing or saying how stupid those people are.

Then again the media is heavily responsible for this current beast called a fan now. I know players certainly hearken for the days where the worst heckling got was "So-and-so, you are a bum! My mother can hit/throw/shoot better than you!" rather than the overly personal stuff that goes on these days.

Scott D
4/6/2006, 04:27 PM
Of course he would, he is still african-american and there unfortunately are still racist IDIOTS out there, but it wouldnt be to the level of Bonds cus Bonds is so Polarizing and disliked

Depends on where it takes place imo. If I had to pick anywhere that I think it would probably be the worst if he was close to breaking either Ruth or Aaron's records I'd pick Boston and Atlanta.

Collier11
4/6/2006, 04:50 PM
Im just sayin as a "White Guy" that I realize that this crap still takes place, it is unfortunate but Griffey would be less likely to recieve negative attention than Bonds cus more people Love Griff. Its just too bad that anyone has to STILL deal with racism no matter what race

snp
4/6/2006, 06:51 PM
Hell ****ing no I didn't watch the Bonds show.

I am so sick of Bonds I turn the channel whenever they bring his name up. Very unlikely I'm going to watch a whole hour of that cheating fag.

walkoffsooner
4/15/2006, 08:51 AM
I didn't but I saw him on tv this morning they were trying to interview him he is a jerk.