PDA

View Full Version : Projection TV repair (help please!)

SeattleOUstudent
4/4/2006, 08:17 PM
Okay, I have a 51" Sony Projection TV that I bought a couple years ago. I think my "guns" might be out of sync for some reason. Possibly because my cat knocked my center channel speaker off the top and maybe that bumped the tele. WHo knows. I think they just need to be realigned.

Question is this....does anyone know of any local (SW OKC/OKC)repairmen that they would reccomend me to call? Costs for something like that?

....or if you have some pointers for me to fix it, that would be great.

TUSooner
4/4/2006, 08:24 PM
This post falls into the category of "I'm having trouble with my [swimming pool / maid / Lexus / condo in the Bahamas]." Id est, I ain't got much sympathy, Pard.

;)

SeattleOUstudent
4/4/2006, 08:30 PM
This post falls into the category of "I'm having trouble with my [swimming pool / maid / Lexus / condo in the Bahamas]." Id est, I ain't got much sympathy, Pard.

;)

Bentleys in the shop. Lifes a bitch.

Getem
4/4/2006, 10:47 PM
Most rear projection TVs with CRT's will have a service mode that puts up a grid and lets you do the alignment with the buttons on your remote. Google search for the model of your tv and "convergence adjustment".

Jimminy Crimson
4/4/2006, 10:49 PM
:dean: Get rid of the cat! /:dean:

SeattleOUstudent
4/4/2006, 11:50 PM
Most rear projection TVs with CRT's will have a service mode that puts up a grid and lets you do the alignment with the buttons on your remote. Google search for the model of your tv and "convergence adjustment".

Thanks getem!

Sounds a little over my head. Guess Ill call a tech to come fix the prob. No telling how much that will cost.

BajaOklahoma
4/5/2006, 04:09 AM
Find your instruction manual and read it. Many of he manuals are available online.......
It is usually very simple to do.

RacerX
4/5/2006, 06:32 AM
Be a man!

Hit it with a hammer, then hit the cat.

85Sooner
4/5/2006, 07:48 AM
Find your instruction manual and read it. Many of he manuals are available online.......

Listen to Baja.

SeattleOUstudent
4/5/2006, 08:12 AM

Yeah, unfortunatly its dissapeared.

85Sooner
4/5/2006, 08:15 AM
Go into the MENU
Look for SETUP
Then look for CONVERGENCE
a grid will show up. It should be all white but will have blue or red lines off the edges if it is truely out of convergence. follow directions on the screen.