PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm drinking my 4th beer for the wrong reason.

TUSooner
4/4/2006, 07:37 PM
This guy named Gavin Mahlie died early this morning. He was 43 or 44, and he evidently had a heart attack (his 2nd). I'd known him since he was one of my wife's little bro's high school buds. They all used to come to our house because me and Mrs TU were young and cool back then. He got a law degree but was working mostly as an actor locally. He was a good actor, I hear. I kept saying I'd go to more of his plays. I know he could be funny. He idolized James Stewart. He was a good guy - deep, but not heavy; well. sometimes heavy. I hadn't seen him in a couple of years. But hearing that he is dead has made me.... well, I almost never have 4 beers on a Tuesday night. Tonight I might have 5 or 6.

King Crimson
4/4/2006, 07:41 PM
i'm sorry to hear that. i had a friend that i really respected who committed suicide about a year and a half ago. he was a great person, but really sad and angry inside i guess (who isn't?). i still admire him, it's not like that. but it was such a shock.

i know it's not the same. but i remember the immediate feeling.

NormanPride
4/4/2006, 07:45 PM
Our own mortality is a frightening thing. That's one of the reasons why, to me, faith in the Lord is so important.

I don't mean to get all preachy, and this might need to be a PEEM, but, sometimes prayer really helps, man.

OUinFLA
4/4/2006, 09:19 PM
Nothing wrong wth # 4 (or 5 or 6) being hoisted in memory of someone you liked. My condolences TU

sooneron
4/4/2006, 09:22 PM
Yeah, I'm the wrong person to ask if you're worried about 4-6 beers after the day you've had. Sorry to hear about it. Life can be fragile.

BajaOklahoma
4/4/2006, 09:44 PM
TU, I am so sorry about your friend.
We all grieve in different ways.