PDA

View Full Version : Last state in the nation!

Jimminy Crimson
4/4/2006, 02:47 PM
Tattoo bill passes House committee, on to the full house. :texan:

mdklatt
4/4/2006, 02:50 PM
We were last state the white man wanted to steal from the Indians, too, so there's a historical parallel.

GDC
4/4/2006, 02:51 PM
We were the last for liquor by the drink and five on five girl's basketball, also, I think.

Hamhock
4/4/2006, 02:52 PM
I've been wondering this for some time. It seems like I see tattoo places around now. How do they get away with this if it is currently illegal?

mdklatt
4/4/2006, 02:53 PM
Weren't we also the last state to outlaw cockfighting?

sanantoniosooner
We were the last for liquor by the drink and five on five girl's basketball, also, I think.
There's a connection.

Most female basketball players get drunk and go get tattoos.

GDC
I've been wondering this for some time. It seems like I see tattoo places around now. How do they get away with this if it is currently illegal?

Same way prostitution is illegal but the Tulsa World sports section is full of ads for massage parlors.

sanantoniosooner
4/4/2006, 02:54 PM
It's legal in Austin:confused:

Hamhock
4/4/2006, 02:54 PM
so, can I currently get a real live permanent tattoo in the city of tulsa?

massage parlors are masquerading as..well, places to get a massage.

what are tattoo parlors masquerading as?

Okieflyer
4/4/2006, 02:57 PM
Yeah, I've been waiting and waiting for this to pass. :rolleyes:

Okla-homey
4/4/2006, 02:57 PM
You know a pop culture fad has about run its course when Oklahoma legalizes it.;)

Okieflyer
4/4/2006, 02:59 PM
You know a pop culture fad has about run its course when Oklahoma legalizes it.;)

That's what I thought about Rap!

It is legal, isn't it?:confused:

slickdawg
4/4/2006, 03:00 PM

Is this some kind of a brokeback thing?

slickdawg
4/4/2006, 03:02 PM
Same way prostitution is illegal but the Tulsa World sports section is full of ads for massage parlors.

Dead on GDC, there are plenty of laws on the books to cover most everything.
Enforcement and prosecution of these laws is where there is a dire need
for improvement.

mdklatt
4/4/2006, 03:02 PM
Is this some kind of a brokeback thing?

If it was, this would have been to the first state to outlaw it.

slickdawg
4/4/2006, 03:03 PM
If it was, this would have been to the first state to outlaw it.

Oklahoma sounds a lot like Mississippi - we're usually last for many things,

BUT

If it's something like gay marriage or sodomy, they'll call a freakin'
special session of the legislature to immediately take action.

NormanPride
4/4/2006, 03:05 PM
:dean: TRAMP STAMP!! :dean:

Osce0la
4/4/2006, 03:05 PM
That's what I thought about Rap!

It is legal, isn't it?:confused:

Maybe it shouldn't be :mack:

Pricetag
4/4/2006, 03:07 PM
Doesn't the Oklahoma law specifically say mention the word "permanent" in its description of tatoos? I think they're getting around it because technically, tatoos aren't permanent.

frankensooner
4/4/2006, 03:11 PM
Thank goodness, I haven't seen enough inked up folks yet, no offense Dean. ;)

IronSooner
4/4/2006, 03:13 PM
I think it does, yes. I wonder what it would outlaw then if tatoos weren't considered permanent.

Jimminy Crimson
4/4/2006, 03:17 PM
I think it does, yes. I wonder what it would outlaw then if tatoos weren't considered permanent.

Maybe branding?

The Omega men better watch out! :eek:

jk the sooner fan
4/4/2006, 03:19 PM

an article i read said some cases are being thrown out of court because of the way the statute is worded.....it says that "no permanent markings...etc etc etc"

well now with the invent of laser removal, its not permanent

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/4/2006, 03:20 PM
an article i read said some cases are being thrown out of court because of the way the statute is worded.....it says that "no permanent markings...etc etc etc"

well now with the invent of laser removal, its not permanent

:les: Washable CrayOANED!!!

Jimminy Crimson
4/4/2006, 03:23 PM
I think it's a crock that beyonces can get tattoos legally, currently.

SAME DAMN THING!

4/4/2006, 03:24 PM
I CANNOT WAIT for my next SF.com tailgate... I'll bring a camera, oh don't you worry. Now that tats are legal in OK, I'm imagining some tribal "FPOMF" on someone's person. In 55 years, not one resident of the rest home will know what the hell that blue blob on their shoulder is supposed to represent, but you'll have made your point.

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/4/2006, 03:48 PM
:les: Washable CrayOANED!!!

You know, this was not one of my best.

I'm sorry SO - I'll try to do better.

:mack:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/4/2006, 03:59 PM
I think it's a crock that beyonces can get tattoos legally, currently.

SAME DAMN THING!Yeah I would never get tattooed makeup or any kind of tattoo for that matter, but it's screwy one is legal and the other isn't.

They have been getting by with it too because they decided as a group to start opening the shops realizing the fines were worth paying for the income it receives. The good thing is now they can be regulated for health reasons.

4/4/2006, 04:25 PM
It's because women have an extra "tattoo gene" that helps them make wise decisions.

Men, however, will get a tribal FPOMF on their forehead if they have enough tequila.

Okla-homey
4/4/2006, 04:45 PM
Neck tattoos or arms full of ink are natures little cultural stratification tool. Anyone who has either is assured he will always work somewhere that requires him to wear a shirt with his name on it.

1stTimeCaller
4/4/2006, 04:55 PM
Neck tattoos or arms full of ink are natures little cultural stratification tool. Anyone who has either is assured he will always work somewhere that requires him to wear a shirt with his name on it.

says the man who for 20+ years wore shirts with his name on them.

;) just messin with you, Colonel.

Boarder
4/4/2006, 05:14 PM
Wanna make some money? Hire some artists and prepare to have a parlor open on the day the law is repealed. You'll be rolling in it, at least for the short term. Then, sell the business.

Jimminy Crimson
4/4/2006, 10:12 PM
Wanna make some money? Hire some artists and prepare to have a parlor open on the day the law is repealed. You'll be rolling in it, at least for the short term. Then, sell the business.

How about we set up a Poser Tattoo Parlor® down on Campus Corner? :texan:

IN!

Boarder
4/4/2006, 11:09 PM
How about we set up a Poser Tattoo Parlor® down on Campus Corner? :texan:

IN!
That's not a bad idea, actually

picasso
4/4/2006, 11:13 PM
I'm no ink freak but it's a stupid law.

Jimminy Crimson
4/4/2006, 11:22 PM
That's not a bad idea, actually

There are a couple of spaces on the East side of Asp currently available.

I could probably wrangle a few investors.

Only problem would be getting approval from Grover and the rest of the Corner Association.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/5/2006, 07:51 AM

I could probably wrangle a few investors.

Only problem would be getting approval from Grover and the rest of the Corner Association.Just don't sell more fan gear and he'll be cool with it.

Sooner in Tampa
4/5/2006, 07:55 AM
I think that Tattooing is still Illegal in South Carolina too.

VeeJay
4/5/2006, 09:28 AM
Oklahoma sounds a lot like Mississippi - we're usually last for many things,

BUT

If it's something like gay marriage or sodomy, they'll call a freakin'
special session of the legislature to immediately take action.

In college, I got "arrested" for possession of beer in a dry county (Rankin), even though the constable let me drive off with just a ticket.

When I went to pay my fine, the judge threatened to call the Baptist college I was attending, if he saw me back in his court. I paid my hunnert dollar fine in cash, and said judge slid the cash in his desk drawer. Sumbitch probably used the money to buy himself and the constable a fifth of whiskey.

Good times!

4/5/2006, 10:05 AM

That close to the tailgates, all you would need was one design in various sizes.

Jimminy Crimson
4/5/2006, 11:29 AM
That close to the tailgates, all you would need was one design in various sizes.

Boomer Sooner tramp stamps for all the ladies! :texan: