PDA

View Full Version : You guys ever just walk into your doctor's office to be seen?

OUDoc
4/4/2006, 02:29 PM
Drives me nuts. It happens all the time. I think it bothers me because I wouldn't even think of walking in to get a haircut without an appointment, but people walk in all the time. This isn't a 24 hour ER. What if no one's here? What if I'm busy doing something, like golfing? Wouldn't you want to call first and make sure someone can see you?

Beef
4/4/2006, 02:31 PM
I just wanted to see if you wanted to grab a beer and talk about the good old days. There was no need for you to call security.

JohnnyMack
4/4/2006, 02:31 PM
I go to a barber shop. They don't take appointments. Old school. Enjoy your hair salon sissy. ;)

Mjcpr
4/4/2006, 02:32 PM
I go to a barber shop. They don't take appointments. Old school. Enjoy your hair salon sissy. ;)

Word. Say hi to Enrique for us, Doc!

:rolleyes:

yermom
hey, if you'd give me your home address i wouldn't have to come to the office

Beef
Word. Say hi to Enrique for us, Doc!

:rolleyes:
Enrique is building my bar right now. he better not be off cutting hair.

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/4/2006, 02:33 PM
Maybe they're thinking that since they deposited 3 hours in the 'waiting on this slow-a$$ Doc's office' bank last time they were there that this time they could make a withdrawal.

Just a theory...:D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/4/2006, 02:34 PM
Maybe they're thinking that since they deposited 3 hours in the 'waiting on this slow-a$$ Doc's office' bank last time they were there that this time they could make a withdrawal.

Just a theory...:DExactly! I have gone to those walk-in clinics before when I was sick. I'd never do that to my regular doctor though.

Pricetag
4/4/2006, 02:35 PM

Just a theory...:D
Heh, I was thinking the same thing. This post reeks of "If you don't intend to buy, get the heck out of my store." :D

Frozen Sooner
4/4/2006, 02:36 PM
I've walked in to see someone to cut my hair several times. Generally I wait about 15 mintues and the girl shoehorns me in between other clients. She knows I give big tips for that kind of service.

And by big tips I mean cash, preverts.

Oh, and I've never just walked in to a doctor's office even in an emergency. I've always called and said "Is there any way I can get in to see Dr. Bosveld today? This is an emergency."

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/4/2006, 02:36 PM
Maybe they are stalking you, Doc.

sanantoniosooner
4/4/2006, 02:37 PM
I've walked in to see someone to cut my hair several times. Generally I wait about 15 mintues and the girl shoehorns me in between other clients. She knows I give big tips for that kind of service.

And by big tips I mean cash, preverts.

Oh, and I've never just walked in to a doctor's office even in an emergency. I've always called and said "Is there any way I can get in to see Dr. Bosveld today? This is an emergency."
How many people are in line for a haircut in Alaska?

skycat
4/4/2006, 02:38 PM
I bet you give lots of cash for "that kind of service."

Okieflyer
4/4/2006, 02:38 PM
Doc if you saw the top of my head you would understand why I walk in to get my hair cut. :O

Oh and there must be a real live barber pole out front.;)

Pricetag
4/4/2006, 02:39 PM
We have a 9:30 next Wednesday.

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/4/2006, 02:40 PM
I'd never do it, either (and I was just kidding, Doc). I've done the whole 'OMG, I'm about to die - please get me in' thing, though.

And they always seem to.

Maybe that's why we have to wait sometimes, yo...

caphorns
4/4/2006, 02:42 PM
I've always called and said "Is there any way I can get in to see Dr. Bosveld today? This is an emergency."

Well the Dutch don't like surprises.

sanantoniosooner
4/4/2006, 02:43 PM
When I had a splinter in my iris (see related thread) I had a lady push ahead of me at the emergency room raving about how she was dying and going numb all over.

The lady behind the counter got some info, sent her to wait and told me that I was still ahead of her.

Okla-homey
4/4/2006, 02:55 PM
Drives me nuts. It happens all the time. I think it bothers me because I wouldn't even think of walking in to get a haircut without an appointment, but people walk in all the time. This isn't a 24 hour ER. What if no one's here? What if I'm busy doing something, like golfing? Wouldn't you want to call first and make sure someone can see you?

I hope you make exceptions for sucking chest wound patients.

yermom
4/4/2006, 02:56 PM
When I had a splinter in my iris (see related thread) I had a lady push ahead of me at the emergency room raving about how she was dying and going numb all over.

The lady behind the counter got some info, sent her to wait and told me that I was still ahead of her.

um, **** that

i don't want anything in my iris

colleyvillesooner
4/4/2006, 02:56 PM
I'd never do it, either (and I was just kidding, Doc). I've done the whole 'OMG, I'm about to die - please get me in' thing, though.

And they always seem to.

Maybe that's why we have to wait sometimes, yo...

Well, in that case, there must have been somebody about to die at all my docotrs appointments last year :D

SicEmBaylor
4/4/2006, 02:59 PM
I think 99% of my dad's walk-ins don't want to be seen at all. They just want pain killers. I told him he should make it easy on himself and have a giant PEZ dispenser set up in his lobby that just dispenses lortab.

sanantoniosooner
4/4/2006, 03:03 PM
um, **** that

i don't want anything in my iris
well.......see........

I was getting it removed. So I guess we both agree........spinter in eye, bad.

Okieflyer
4/4/2006, 03:04 PM
I think 99% of my dad's walk-ins don't want to be seen at all. They just want pain killers. I told him he should make it easy on himself and have a giant PEZ dispenser set up in his lobby that just dispenses lortab.

Ahhh....Lortab

http://www.candyfavorites.com/shop/images/products/pez_dispensers_jumbo/homer_pez.jpg

slickdawg
4/4/2006, 03:05 PM

I'd NEVER do that. Anyone that does should expect to not be seen at all,
the system works by appointments.

sanantoniosooner
4/4/2006, 03:07 PM
Ahhh....Lortab

http://www.candyfavorites.com/shop/images/products/pez_dispensers_jumbo/homer_pez.jpg
I got one of those for Christmas.

BeetDigger
4/4/2006, 03:24 PM
I like to walk into random doctors offices with all kinds of fake lesions and scabs and such and while I am sitting in the waiting room, I tell the other patients that I got this the last time I came to the doctor.

OUDoc
4/4/2006, 03:26 PM
I rarely make my patients wait. I feel like you should be in the room at your appointment time and get seen. I get ****ed if I'm running even 30-45 minutes behind. And that includes screwing around with you guys online all day. :D

Oh, and Sherri always cuts my hair. Since I was 16. She even came to my wedding.

Frozen Sooner
4/4/2006, 03:46 PM
Well the Dutch don't like surprises.

Good point. Maybe I should just walk in and yell "BLITZKREIG!"

THAT'LL surprise him.

BeetDigger
4/4/2006, 04:01 PM
I rarely make my patients wait. I feel like you should be in the room at your appointment time and get seen. I get ****ed if I'm running even 30-45 minutes behind. And that includes screwing around with you guys online all day. :D.

Does that include the days that you use two fingers for the prostate exams?

OUDoc
4/4/2006, 04:11 PM
Does that include the days that you use two fingers for the prostate exams?
No. I tend to savor those days, so I run a little late. :eek:

;)

IB4OU2
4/4/2006, 04:12 PM
How many people are in line for a haircut in Alaska?

Full Bush, Neatly Trimmed or Shaved? :D

crawfish
4/4/2006, 04:24 PM
But where else can I charge my insurance for somebody else to see me naked?

Oldnslo
4/4/2006, 04:54 PM
I sure don't walk into my doctor's office to be invisible!