View Full Version : Tulsa peeps...

Okla-homey
4/4/2006, 06:51 AM
and anyone else for whom today is an election day:
Get out there and vote!
Its your civic duty and stuff.

OklahomaTuba
4/4/2006, 08:34 AM
Remember, pubs vote today, and dims vote tomorrow!

Fish
4/4/2006, 12:04 PM
do the pubs have beer?;)

bri
4/4/2006, 12:07 PM
yes, but they won't admit it at church. :D

Pricetag
4/4/2006, 12:13 PM
I've just begun to see/hear commercials for LaFortune this past weekend. I was wondering if he had conceded the election, or if he thought he had it in the bag, or what.

bri
4/4/2006, 12:27 PM
I think he was just assuming that everyone to creeped out to vote for Smiling Death Skull...:D

OklahomaTuba
4/4/2006, 12:30 PM
I've just begun to see/hear commercials for LaFortune this past weekend. I was wondering if he had conceded the election, or if he thought he had it in the bag, or what.

I think its a lost cause, as his base pretty much doesn't like him.

On the other hand, "two times" is a pretty damn aweful choice, considering her last job was the states commerce secretary, and the only big company she could land here was her hubbies company, and he shipped much of that off to India. Not to mention the other great successes she had with the local companies like Citgo and others.

Pricetag
4/4/2006, 12:37 PM
Sheesh, do they dislike him so much that they'd give Taylor a free ride to the mayor's office? Is there an independent candidate on the ticket? If people are going to vote against someone, they shouldn't vote for someone who also deserves a vote against, IMO.

Mjcpr
4/4/2006, 12:48 PM
Is there an independent candidate on the ticket?

http://www.blogger.com/profile/17840877

I hope you haven't voted yet. :D

bri
4/4/2006, 12:50 PM
I'm gonna do a write-in vote for Bikerfox...

NormanPride
4/4/2006, 12:54 PM
bri for mayor?

JohnnyMack
4/4/2006, 12:56 PM
I'm of the opinion that the city hasn't gotten any better under LaFortune's tenure. LaFortune seems whipped. He seems disinterested. No wonder his "base pretty much doesn't like him", d00d has a terrible attitude. It's like he's just laying down and letting KT win. I voted for him last time, don't think I would again.

OklahomaTuba
4/4/2006, 01:04 PM
I'm gonna do a write-in vote for Bikerfox...

Why? Paul Tay is on the ballot. Dudes much more entertaining!

http://www.kotv.com/pages/catimages/tay-paul-protest60404.jpg

Paul Tay 4 Mayor Baby!

Pricetag
4/4/2006, 01:04 PM
I don't see how anyone who saw Taylor's reaction to the whole double vote thing could vote for her, regardless of how badly they dislike LaFortune.

She got caught red handed, and was completely unprepared to deal with it. Her first reaction was to fly off the handle at the news folks who asked her about it, and then they came up with the whole, "Uh, that was another Kathy (whatever her middle initial is) Taylor" thing. Sure it was.

JohnnyMack
4/4/2006, 01:08 PM
I don't see how anyone who saw Taylor's reaction to the whole double vote thing could vote for her, regardless of how badly they dislike LaFortune.

She got caught red handed, and was completely unprepared to deal with it. Her first reaction was to fly off the handle at the news folks who asked her about it, and then they came up with the whole, "Uh, that was another Kathy (whatever her middle initial is) Taylor" thing. Sure it was.

While I agree neither one of them may be a great choice, what about LaFortune negotiating a position at OU-Tulsa and wanting it contingent on whether or not he won the election? D00d should be focused on running the city and campaigning for reelection instead of looking for work. At least I think so anyway.

OklahomaTuba
4/4/2006, 01:12 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/mistymountainhop/VOTE4TAY.gif

OklahomaTuba
4/4/2006, 01:13 PM
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6893/2177/320/DressedForSuccess.jpg

Pricetag
4/4/2006, 01:29 PM
While I agree neither one of them may be a great choice, what about LaFortune negotiating a position at OU-Tulsa and wanting it contingent on whether or not he won the election? D00d should be focused on running the city and campaigning for reelection instead of looking for work. At least I think so anyway.
True dat. Where's Montgomery Brewster when we need him?

NormanPride
4/4/2006, 01:35 PM
So our two real choices are a heartless beyonce who cheats and lies, or an apathetic land owner who's already proven he can't do well and whose own supporters are wavering?

Wow. Does nobody WANT this job? Or are there just no good politicians in Tulsa?

Pricetag
4/4/2006, 01:50 PM
So our two real choices are a heartless beyonce who cheats and lies, or an apathetic land owner who's already proven he can't do well and whose own supporters are wavering?

Wow. Does nobody WANT this job? Or are there just no good politicians in Tulsa?
Yeah, there were people who wanted it, but they lost in the primaries.

I noticed that there hasn't been any really negative campaigning in the general election. All the commercials say stuff like, "he/she is a nice person, but just isn't/can't get the job done." I wonder if McCorkle's trouncing in the Democratic primary had anything to do with it?

Jimminy Crimson
4/4/2006, 01:51 PM
There just aren't any good candidates for elected offices these days.

Mjcpr
4/4/2006, 01:53 PM
Yeah, there were people who wanted it, but they lost in the primaries.

Yikes...who would that be?

Do you believe that LaFortune and Taylor really don't want the job? I bet they'd like to have their campaign contributions back then.

Pricetag
4/4/2006, 02:38 PM
Yikes...who would that be?

Do you believe that LaFortune and Taylor really don't want the job? I bet they'd like to have their campaign contributions back then.
Nah, I was just playing along, really. I know they both want it, I'm just not sure either are worthy, and I wonder how they won their primaries.

Oldnslo
4/4/2006, 03:55 PM
There just aren't any good candidates for elected offices these days.
If you're sane, why would you run for any office of consequence? Everything that you say gets put under a microscope. Every decision you've ever made is analyzed as if by Texas Tech ref's. Every personal issue you've ever dealt with is fodder for the news.

**** That.

Bill's greatest strength is that he's a nice guy. But d00d needs more sack. KT's greatest strength appears to be that she's not named Bill Lafortune.

StoopTroup
4/4/2006, 04:01 PM
GO BILL !

http://www.mrbill.com/TVparty%20Mr_%20Bill%20Creator%20Walter%20Williams %20interview_files/billhead.jpg

Mjcpr
4/5/2006, 09:40 AM
Thoughts?

Okla-homey
4/5/2006, 10:00 AM
I want to party with the 1000 or so who voted for Paul Tay.

picasso
4/5/2006, 10:00 AM
Taylor worked for Brad Henry and is tight with Susan Savage. That's enough to scare me.

I think Lafortune lost the disgruntled Repub vote to the 3rd person running.

Susan Savage part II ain't what we need. Hopefully that won't be what happens.

PhxSooner
4/5/2006, 10:02 AM
Taylor worked for Brad Henry and is tight with Susan Savage. That's enough to scare me.

I think Lafortune lost the disgruntled Repub vote to the 3rd person running.

Susan Savage part II ain't what we need. Hopefully that won't be what happens.
My folks were a part of the disgruntled Republicans voting 3rd person. My mom knew the guy had no chance of winning, but she just couldn't vote for LaFortune again. My parents know the chief of police, and think he got a bad rap from LaFortune.

bri
4/5/2006, 10:06 AM
I came THISCLOSE to voting for Tay, in equal parts protest vote and fit of whimsy. But eventually, I voted for Smiling Death Skull.

And I don't know what pic's so scared of...I think SDS would look snazzy in an oversized men's tie.

picasso
My folks were a part of the disgruntled Republicans voting 3rd person. My mom knew the guy had no chance of winning, but she just couldn't vote for LaFortune again. My parents know the chief of police, and think he got a bad rap from LaFortune.
my gf knows him from her old soccer days but her brother who works on the force is apparently hinting that there may have been more to the firing. seems that there might have been some odd cover up typre dealinds.
either way, Lafortune didn't handle the situation very well. especially this close to election time. heck, wait and fire him after you're re-elected.

Okla-homey
The council is 6-4 repub. KT is a dem. Therefore...gridlock. Me likey, that means they won't be able to scru us. yay.

picasso
4/5/2006, 10:08 AM
I came THISCLOSE to voting for Tay, in equal parts protest vote and fit of whimsy. But eventually, I voted for Smiling Death Skull.

And I don't know what pic's so scared of...I think SDS would look snazzy in an oversized men's tie.
heh. she wasn't bad with that premature gray thing going on. lowsy Mayor though.

bri
4/5/2006, 10:17 AM
heh. she wasn't bad with that premature gray thing going on. lowsy Mayor though.

Yeah, people always looked at me funny when I'd admit that I was strangely attracted to Susan Savage...

OUTromBoNado
4/5/2006, 01:06 PM
I live in 'burbs. I couldn't vote.

Last I heard at work, Paul Tay was on his way to Washingston D.C. He had been called to fulfill some kind of secret mission.

Pricetag
4/5/2006, 01:54 PM
I live in 'burbs. I couldn't vote.

Last I heard at work, Paul Tay was on his way to Washingston D.C. He had been called to fulfill some kind of secret mission.
I think Washington D.C. has enough giant dicks already.