PDA

View Full Version : New Interim head coach

sooner addict1890
4/3/2006, 01:01 PM
I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet. Maybe it has and I missed it somehow, and if I did I'm really sorry
But today in the OU Daily, it says OU named Bob Hoffman, an assistant coach, as the new interim head coach until a permenant one can be found.

oumartin
4/3/2006, 01:29 PM
old news

LSUdeek
4/3/2006, 01:38 PM
chuck norris?

Ruprecht
4/4/2006, 05:18 PM
Why would we be naming an interim if the head coaching announcement is close at hand? My money says that people on the short list have not shown the requisite interest....

jdsooner
4/5/2006, 12:29 AM
Bob is a good guy and I think he would make a good head coach.

The Maestro
4/6/2006, 02:37 AM
Hoff no longer wants to assist. Interviewing at Southeast Missouri State and UTSA. For the record, every program he has coached has gone from doormat to success. Not so much at UTPA, but they are not in a conference and the job was virtually impossible, yet he got them to .500.

soonerbub
4/6/2006, 03:29 AM
Yeah his team at pan-am really was a patchwork quilt of guys who took "the road less traveled". I was really shocked when he took the job with Kelvin (maybe homesick?) but I wouldn't blame him for taking a job if offered.

As this whole thing drags on I can't help getting angrier at KS. Not taking Bennie with him and basically screwing us (both with timing and the ncaa). I do think his schtick will wear thin in Bloomington really fast (his offense is the anti-motion of hoosier past)--there are plenty of people there that will not let go of the "Bobby" days even if he goes 35-0.