PDA

View Full Version : Burglefrickle!

Ike
4/3/2006, 11:39 AM
we had a planned 'power outage' at work over the weekend, which meant that all our computers were turned off.

I came in this morning to power them up, and only 2 of the 6 desktops used by our group came up. After one fsck run and a couple of reboots, I was able to get 2 more of them up.

the 2 that are left. One isn't recognizing that it has hard drives. Of course, this is the one that contains the bulk of my data. I have the data backed up somewhere, but it'll take a while to get it back. Because there are at least 2 disk drives in that machine, and neither are recognized, most likely Im guessing that this is a problem with the drive controller. I really hope this is the case.

The other one. Its just D.E.D. dead. no response to the power button. Power supply has probably gone tits up.

Osce0la
4/3/2006, 11:42 AM
We've had problems like this at work before. We came in Monday and most of us couldn't get our computers to boot, and once they did we didn't have access to most of our files...

Ike
4/3/2006, 11:43 AM
yeah...god I hope it isn't the case that we have to reformat one or more disks. luckily, these aren't windows machines, so the probability of that needing to happen is much smaller

sooner_born_1960
4/3/2006, 11:50 AM
Tits up isn't always a bad thing.