PDA

View Full Version : New Password

ChickSoonerFan
4/3/2006, 09:45 AM
Don't ever change your password on a Friday, you will forget it by Monday morning.

:O

And the thing that really bugs me now, is that the help desk just resets it.

I want to know what it was! It is going to bug me all day long now.

What was it!!??

colleyvillesooner
4/3/2006, 09:46 AM
IheartStanley?

TopDaugIn2000
4/3/2006, 09:46 AM

Stanley1
4/3/2006, 09:48 AM
IheartStanley!

Homo.

ChickSoonerFan
4/3/2006, 10:13 AM
IheartStanley?

That was my previous one. ;)

colleyvillesooner
4/3/2006, 10:20 AM
Homo.

Why would her password be Homo?

ChickSoonerFan
4/3/2006, 10:24 AM
Why would her password be Homo?

heh...too late. I had to choose one on the spot after they reset it. I wrote it down and stuck in on my monitor. Very secure. :rolleyes:

Czar Soonerov
4/3/2006, 10:24 AM
I'm guessing it has something to do with limes. Pure speculation here.

Osce0la
4/3/2006, 10:29 AM
heh...too late. I had to choose one on the spot after they reset it. I wrote it down and stuck in on my monitor. Very secure. :rolleyes:

You could just post it in this thread, that way you can either look here, or ask anyone that has looked here. Just a suggestion...

ChickSoonerFan
4/3/2006, 10:50 AM
I'm guessing it has something to do with limes. Pure speculation here.

Usually does. Limes or $ex. ;)

Osce0la
4/3/2006, 10:51 AM
Just as long as you don't combine the 2...

BeetDigger
4/3/2006, 10:52 AM

Go on....

OU Adonis
4/3/2006, 10:52 AM
how about limesex?

Osce0la
4/3/2006, 10:53 AM
Usually does. Limes & $ex. ;)

Kinky...

Stanley1
4/3/2006, 10:57 AM
Just as long as you don't combine the 2...

Too late for that.

Osce0la
4/3/2006, 11:13 AM
Too late for that.

Go on....
And I think we're probably gonna need pictures...Of chick, not you Stan...

ChickSoonerFan
4/3/2006, 11:13 AM
Too late for that.

:eek:

n8v_ndn
4/3/2006, 11:17 AM
Aut0er0t1cA5phyx1at10n ?? ;)

yermom
4/3/2006, 11:18 AM
hers, not Stanley's

Vaevictis
4/3/2006, 11:45 AM

FWIW, it may (should) be that the help desk couldn't tell you what the password was even if they were willing to.

Most of the time, passwords are put through a one-way hash before they're stored out. There's no way of reversing this hash, so the best they could have done was told you what the hash was. :/

yermom
4/3/2006, 11:46 AM
do you really want them to know your password?

KC//CRIMSON
4/3/2006, 11:50 AM
brother?

ChickSoonerFan
4/3/2006, 12:02 PM
FWIW, it may (should) be that the help desk couldn't tell you what the password was even if they were willing to.

Most of the time, passwords are put through a one-way hash before they're stored out. There's no way of reversing this hash, so the best they could have done was told you what the hash was. :/

I know, it is just going to bug the hell out of me all day.

What the hash is? that kinda makes me giggle...I have no idea what it means though.

ChickSoonerFan
4/3/2006, 12:03 PM
do you really want them to know your password?

Surely they could get into any of my stuff if they wanted to anyways...right? My work password is never the same as any of my personal passwords and we have to update it every three months.

pb4ou
4/3/2006, 12:39 PM
You'll probably remember it when you're not thinking about it. That happens to me all the time.

Osce0la
4/3/2006, 12:47 PM
Surely they could get into any of my stuff if they wanted to anyways...right? My work password is never the same as any of my personal passwords and we have to update it every three months.
Every 3? Ours is every 30 days...You think you have problems remembering a password now, try changing it every 30 days. Once I finally start remembering it and not typing in my old password, I have to change it again. Then there's 6 or 7 different programs I have to have a password for (some have to be reset every 30 days, some don't have to be reset), but if I don't change them all at the same time I have to remember 6 or 7 different passwords. So every 30 days I have to go in and change all of my passwords.

ChickSoonerFan
4/3/2006, 12:48 PM
You'll probably remember it when you're not thinking about it. That happens to me all the time.

Probably...it will probably come to me at some unexpected moment.

It usually has to do with something that is going on in my life at the time, and I think I can remember one word of it. Oh well, now I will never know for sure because it has been changed.

Osce0la
4/3/2006, 12:50 PM
It will come to you when you're not at work, and then by the time you get to work the next day, you will have forgotten it again...

ChickSoonerFan
4/3/2006, 12:52 PM
Every 3? Ours is every 30 days...You think you have problems remembering a password now, try changing it every 30 days. Once I finally start remembering it and not typing in my old password, I have to change it again. Then there's 6 or 7 different programs I have to have a password for (some have to be reset every 30 days, some don't have to be reset), but if I don't change them all at the same time I have to remember 6 or 7 different passwords. So every 30 days I have to go in and change all of my passwords.

That would drive me batty.

BeetDigger
4/3/2006, 01:35 PM
It usually has to do with something that is going on in my life at the time, and I think I can remember one word of it.

That's it: SouthOval.

IB4OU2
4/3/2006, 01:38 PM

It usually has to do with something that is going on in my life at the time, and I think I can remember one word of it. Oh well, now I will never know for sure because it has been changed.

Gonein60seconds?

BoogercountySooner
4/3/2006, 02:38 PM

Wheres Shorty?:P

Vaevictis
4/3/2006, 07:17 PM
So every 30 days I have to go in and change all of my passwords.

That's when I start b*tching and insisting that they use kerberos or something similar.

Al Gore
4/3/2006, 07:52 PM
Every 3? Ours is every 30 days...You think you have problems remembering a password now, try changing it every 30 days. Once I finally start remembering it and not typing in my old password, I have to change it again. Then there's 6 or 7 different programs I have to have a password for (some have to be reset every 30 days, some don't have to be reset), but if I don't change them all at the same time I have to remember 6 or 7 different passwords. So every 30 days I have to go in and change all of my passwords.Geez.....If I had to do that I would fire everyone in IT.....

Al Gore
4/3/2006, 07:53 PM
Don't ever change your password on a Friday, you will forget it by Monday morning.

What was it!!??AGisa*****

Al Gore
4/3/2006, 07:54 PM

What was it!!??thong

Al Gore
4/3/2006, 07:55 PM
shavedbeaver

Al Gore
4/3/2006, 07:57 PM
nookie.....BTW...these are my passwords. I don't think Chick could come up with these!!!!

Al Gore
4/3/2006, 07:57 PM
doggystyle

Stanley1
4/3/2006, 08:48 PM
doggystyle

:D

Al Gore
4/3/2006, 08:51 PM
:DDid that one ring a bell....peem me with the details!!!!

SoonerInKCMO
4/3/2006, 09:15 PM

At last count, with accounts on database, web, and app servers for five different platforms (dev, test, training, user acceptance, production) plus e-mail, ftp accounts on various file-servers, etc. ... I'm up to 25 userids and passwords.

It be the succeth.

BajaOklahoma
4/3/2006, 10:08 PM
I use a new base word every year, then just add numbers to it. Sometimes in front, sometimes in back. And there is a weird pattern to the numbers.

And I email part of the password home, usually just the number with no other info. Then delete the email from the sent folder before I leave for home.

ChickSoonerFan
4/3/2006, 10:26 PM
It won't let me use any password similar to the last 10 on my main password so I can't add numbers to the one I already have.

Hopefully I will remember it in the morning.

Vaevictis
4/3/2006, 10:36 PM
I just use muscle memory to memorize my passwords for me. I don't even consciously know many of my passwords, I just know how to type them in, if yo know what I mean.

Aim for that. :)