PDA

View Full Version : Chuck-E-Cheese People

Partial Qualifier
4/3/2006, 09:23 AM
the most degrading job duty ever .... dancing with Chuck-E during his little birthday gig. I watched several young employees suffer through it a few times so I've got it down pat:

- In case someone you know witnesses you dancing the Chuck-E dance, make a point to appear as if you're just going through the motions, act like you're talking to each other even though you can't hear, etc. just act outwardly unaffected by the fact that you're performing the most embarrassing job duty evar

- when you're doing "it" correctly, you look like a flight attendant going through the oxygen masks and emergency exit motions

- act like you despise Chuck-E

- whatever you do, no matter what - don't make eye contact with anyone!!

- as soon as it's over, hurry back to the kitchen and recover for the rest of your shift

GDC
4/3/2006, 09:59 AM
We have my 3 yo nephew convinced that Incredible Pizza is actually a Chucky Cheese, he can't understand why Chucky is never there though.

caphorns
4/3/2006, 10:06 AM
I've always felt slight sorry for the 2 or 3 introverted Joe's Crab Shack waiter/waitresses. Is there anything worse for the introvert than publicly performing the Macarena several times a night to a crowd of drunks and their mean little brats?

frankensooner
4/3/2006, 10:40 AM
Joy, my wife just informed me that we will be dining at C E C tonight!!!

At least my kids can get some tokens for their report cards!

RacerX
4/3/2006, 12:02 PM
My 4 year old, who has never been, saw a commercial and started saying she wanted to go.

Damn rat!

Tear Down This Wall
4/3/2006, 12:55 PM
Here's my take. I like Chuck E Cheese. It's got pizza for me, and stuff to keep the kids away from me for a few hours.

Do I have to sit in a place with zany sounds and screaming kids? Yes. But are the kids screaming at me? No. They're chasing around a poor soul in a mouse suit. All I have to do is sit at a table, eat pizza, and help the fellow parents keep an eye on the kids. It's easy. So easy I almost feel like a Democrat doing it.

To me, Joe's Crab Shack or any other restaurant where the waitstaff at singing at you is more of a beating.

Pizza! Pizza!

Osce0la
4/3/2006, 12:58 PM
Here's my take. I like Chuck E Cheese. It's got pizza for me, and stuff to keep the kids away from me for a few hours.

Do I have to sit in a place with zany sounds and screaming kids? Yes. But are the kids screaming at me? No. They're chasing around a poor soul in a mouse suit. All I have to do is sit at a table, eat pizza, and help the fellow parents keep an eye on the kids. It's easy. So easy I almost feel like a Democrat doing it.

To me, Joe's Crab Shack or any other restaurant where the waitstaff at singing at you is more of a beating.

Pizza! Pizza!

If I'm not mistaken, C E C sells beer as well...

King Crimson
4/3/2006, 12:59 PM
I've always felt slight sorry for the 2 or 3 introverted Joe's Crab Shack waiter/waitresses. Is there anything worse for the introvert than publicly performing the Macarena several times a night to a crowd of drunks and their mean little brats?

by introvert in this context, you mean something like "self-respecting, sane" person?

Partial Qualifier
4/3/2006, 02:32 PM

Pizza! Pizza!

Oh no believe me, I recognize the value of Chuck-E-Cheese. That was like our 5th visit so far this year :D

The pizza's actually not bad -- better than Showbiz pizza was back-in-the-day. And the breadsticks with the baked-on mozzarella are frankly the best pizza-joint breadsticks anywhere, imo

:O

OUTromBoNado
4/4/2006, 02:36 AM
My boss took his kids to Chuck-E-Cheese one day. He was really tired the next. I asked him if he was all right. He started muttering a lot of unintelligble things. All I could make out was "Chuck-E-Cheese" and "headache."

I remember when it was Showbiz. That makes me feel old.

joex2
4/4/2006, 05:26 AM
originally posted by OUTromBoNado

I remember when it was Showbiz. That makes me feel old.

I remember when I-240 and Walker was a field. Then we got a Wehba's! WOOT!

joex2
4/4/2006, 05:34 AM
and I agree with this too.

originally posted by Tear Down This Wall

It's got pizza for me, and stuff to keep the kids away from me for a few hours.

They've totally got it down with the whole number/hand stamp thing. You can follow your kids some, but you don't have the panic stricken "where are they now" thing if they get out of your sight.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/4/2006, 07:13 AM
Oh no believe me, I recognize the value of Chuck-E-Cheese. That was like our 5th visit so far this year :D

The pizza's actually not bad -- better than Showbiz pizza was back-in-the-day. And the breadsticks with the baked-on mozzarella are frankly the best pizza-joint breadsticks anywhere, imo

:OYou should take him to Incredible Pizza. It's supposed to be better, with no annoying dancers. My brother's kids love it.

yermom
4/4/2006, 07:17 AM
Crystal's was better

GDC
4/4/2006, 07:40 AM
You should take him to Incredible Pizza. It's supposed to be better, with no annoying dancers. My brother's kids love it.

agreed

I need to get married and have some kids so when my nephews leave this summer I'll have an excuse to go to Incredible Pizza.

yermom
4/4/2006, 07:43 AM
wow, if that's not a good recommendation i'm not sure what is

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/4/2006, 08:10 AM
Crystal's was betterYes! I loved everything about Crystal's. After the one on I-240 closed, I would still go all the way to the NW Expressway one just for pizza. IS the texass one the same?

yermom
4/4/2006, 08:19 AM
hellifiknow, i only went to the one in Tulsa next to Casa Bonita

OUDoc
4/4/2006, 08:20 AM
Yes! I loved everything about Crystal's. After the one on I-240 closed, I would still go all the way to the NW Expressway one just for pizza. IS the texass one the same?
It sucks that they torn down that Crystal's (actually Posado's mexican food most recently) to put in a Chili's.

GDC
4/4/2006, 08:59 AM

That's the only one I knew of too.

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/4/2006, 09:06 AM
PQ ain't even got no kids.

He just likes to go there.

leftfield
4/4/2006, 09:10 AM
My buddy used to be Chuck E. He said it wasn't bad except for two things: 1) gettting kicked in the junk by the bratty kids who wanted to show off for their friends, and 2) the kids who got close to him then started bawling uncontrollably because they were scared of a big talking rat.

On the flip side, he said he got to eat infinite amounts of birthday cake and all the coke he could drink for free.

frankensooner
4/4/2006, 09:48 AM
Well, we went last night, and besides me hitting the jackpot on skee ball it was pretty uneventful. They did change the pizza sauce or something, it wasn't as good as it used to be, not that it was ever great.

The kids did have a blast though.

PhxSooner
4/4/2006, 10:09 AM
We went to the Incredible Pizza in Tulsa last summer with my folks. My only problem was that I sat stuffing my face with warm cookies. I did manage to win a ribbon on the go-karts, narrowly defeating some hapless little girl.

OUTromBoNado
4/4/2006, 12:21 PM

Crystal's was the shiznet. Used to go there all the time. Cheap and pretty good pizza to boot. Casa Bonita is closed now I think.

We went to the Incredible Pizza in Tulsa last summer with my folks. My only problem was that I sat stuffing my face with warm cookies. I did manage to win a ribbon on the go-karts, narrowly defeating some hapless little girl.

Where is this "Incredible Pizza" that you speak of? I have never heard of it. I guess I could look it up in the phone book, but I'm too lazy.

1stTimeCaller
4/4/2006, 12:25 PM
PQ ain't even got no kids.

He just likes to go there.

what a bastard

Pricetag
4/4/2006, 12:34 PM
It sucks that they torn down that Crystal's (actually Posado's mexican food most recently) to put in a Chili's.
Ours is a freaking Dollar General store now. Just this past weekend I gazed wistfully into the space where that huge neon sign once set.

It looks like Casa Viva (formerly Bonita) is getting close to ready to open.

Partial Qualifier
4/4/2006, 12:38 PM

No kidding Doc, that building was awesome, you'd think they would've wanted to keep it intact. Crystal's owned. :(

Isn't there an Incredible Pizza out on NW Expressway now, just east of McArthur?? Something like that. The sign out front says go-karts, bowling, etc. etc.

Osce0la
4/4/2006, 12:58 PM
Geez, I want a pizza...

GDC
4/4/2006, 01:40 PM
Where is this "Incredible Pizza" that you speak of? I have never heard of it. I guess I could look it up in the phone book, but I'm too lazy.

http://www.incrediblepizza.com/

frankensooner
4/4/2006, 01:45 PM
The big difference between C E C and Incredible Pizza is about a hundred dollars. You can walk out of CEC having spent under forty bucks.

skycat
4/4/2006, 02:15 PM
1) gettting kicked in the junk by the bratty kids who wanted to show off for their friends.

I can see how some people might see that as a downside.

Maybe.

skycat
4/4/2006, 02:16 PM
Whatever happened with that Showbiz board jihad?

You know the one I'm talkin' about.

Pricetag
4/4/2006, 02:43 PM
The big difference between C E C and Incredible Pizza is about a hundred dollars. You can walk out of CEC having spent under forty bucks.
I refuse to patronize Incredible Pizza. Showbiz and Chuck E. Cheese's were institutions back in my youth. I can still remember the excitement that accompanied a visit there. I don't want them run out of business.

sanantoniosooner
4/4/2006, 02:47 PM
A DiGiorno and a board game is cheeper than any of those.

Rat suits have come down in price recently if you've gotta have one.

GDC
4/4/2006, 02:48 PM
Shotgun Sam's?

yermom
4/4/2006, 02:49 PM
Whatever happened with that Showbiz board jihad?

You know the one I'm talkin' about.

i think they got Motorcycle Greggo

he's trapped in some freak's animatronic setup in a basement somewhere

yermom
4/4/2006, 02:50 PM
Shotgun Sam's?

i barely remember that place, and mostly just the name

we usually went to Godfather's

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/4/2006, 02:52 PM

I miss the crap out of Godfather's. I think there may be one left on 59th & Penn but I'm not sure...:(

Pricetag
4/4/2006, 02:54 PM
Shotgun Sam's?
We went there a lot. One time, the jukebox was broken and giving free plays. My brother and I played Jerry Reed's "The Bird" like 20 times in a row. I bet the other diners were loving us.

yermom
4/4/2006, 02:54 PM
they sell pretty kickass personal Godfather's pizzas at some Love's

man, i'm so hungry right now

GDC
4/4/2006, 02:56 PM
We went there a lot. One time, the jukebox was broken and giving free plays. My brother and I played Jerry Reed's "The Bird" like 20 times in a row. I bet the other diners were loving us.

http://news.tradingcharts.com/futures/5/4/76926545.html

http://tulsatvmemories.com/imag2004/shotgunt.jpg

PhxSooner
4/4/2006, 03:42 PM

Godfather's was the only place my parents would take us to eat pizza. The one in Tulsa is a salad place or something now. And my dad and I used to eat at the one on Campus Corner on game days back in the 80's.

I really could use some pizza right now...

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/4/2006, 03:52 PM
I loved that Godfather's pizza that had the crust on top and on bottom.

I've pretty much sworn off "chain" pizza anymore. Last time I got Pizza Hut, the dough was raw.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/4/2006, 03:54 PM
Oh and basically Godfathers only has a truck stop place in OKC now. http://www.godfathers.com/Store_Locator/index.asp

Vaevictis
4/4/2006, 05:05 PM
I miss Casa Bonita. Not pizza, I know. And the food wasn't all that good. But it was tons of fun as a kid.

As far as pizza goes, I really miss Ken's.

OUTromBoNado
4/4/2006, 05:50 PM
As far as pizza goes, I really miss Ken's.

There's still a Ken's in Sapulpa. It's busy as crap during lunch buffet hour, but oh man, is it good. There's also a Ken's in Chandler and Prague. But the one in Chandler is nowhere near as good, IMHO.

I find ways to make special trips to Sapulpa just so I can go to the Ken's lunch buffet.

GDC
4/4/2006, 06:54 PM
There's a Ken's in Eufala, you can see it from 69.

Vaevictis
4/4/2006, 06:59 PM
There's still a Ken's in Sapulpa. It's busy as crap during lunch buffet hour, but oh man, is it good.

Awesome. I may have to stop in next time I go up to Tulsa.

I used to eat at the one just north of Phillips Blvd and 75 in Bartlesville growing up all the time; hadn't been to Bartlesville in about 6 years, and last time I went it was gone. I was not happy :(

yermom
4/5/2006, 01:48 PM
the Ken's in Owasso turned into Taco Bell :(

i grew up on that stuff, they were a sponsor for the stock car my dad worked on

we always went to Ken's after races