PDA

View Full Version : SORNSSA -- Ruf/Nek shotgun dealio

Okla-homey
4/3/2006, 08:45 AM
It would be nice if this could be a sticky til April 12th.

That's right, the...
South Oval Ruf/Nek Shotgun Sponsorship Agreement

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/5682/shotgun10zw2la.png (http://imageshack.us)

Here's the dealio. Our man Jaux has graciously agreed to front the dough -- 750 smackers. He's obligated himself to the Ruf/Neks because it had to be done quickly as they were almost out of sponsorship opportunities...and he believes you magnificent hillbillies will come through so he can still pay his rent and feed his children. Now, YOU need to ante-up so he's not left holding the proverbial bag.

At the end of the '06 FB season, we will have a drawing from among those who contribute. The winner gets the shotgun handsomely mounted on a plaque shipped directly from the Ruf/Neks making it the centerpiece of any Sooner fan's collection of Sooner ephemera.

The following hillbillies have previously indicated they were "in" for twenty bucks:

SBSB
Bri
Olvetonahill
Jiminy Crimson
Homey
OU4Life
IB4OU2
1TC
Jaux
Harry Beanbag
Norman Pride
Colleyville Sooner
PG
OUHomer
SB68
SoonerBoomer93

Obviously, we need 750 bucks total. Jaux said he's in for 40.00 himself. That leaves 710. If all the above folks come thru for 20.00, that leaves 410.00 to raise. When Jaux hits $710 in total contributions, he'll send back to the contributor any contributions that come in later so you know this ain't no money making scam or nuthin'

Soooo, paypal Jaux 20.00 and you are in the hunt to win the shotgun. Drawing at the last home tailgate so there'll be witnesses and stuff.

Jaux paypal email ID is: [email protected]

Make sure you indentify yourself by screenname in one of the PayPal fields so he knows who's who. Pay up quick 'cuz after Jaux hits 710.00, he's shuttin' her down.

One final note: we get to put two names on it, one on ech side. Jaux and I think it would be cool to put SoonerFans.com SO on one side, but we'll need Phil to say that's okay. If he doesn't, we'll put the #1 voted name on one side, and the runner-up on the other.

Now, on to the pole. Below are the most mentioned names. Please don't vote unless you plan on kicking in 20.00. You are on your honor and stuff. Get to votin'. the Ruf/Neks gotta have the names by April 15 so the pole will shutdown a day or two before that.

For general SORNSSA info:
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63575

1stTimeCaller
4/3/2006, 08:54 AM
I just sent my money in. It took a while but I paid him in $.01 transactions. :D

colleyvillesooner
4/3/2006, 08:56 AM
Done, and money sent!

jk the sooner fan
4/3/2006, 08:59 AM
are those the only options? or perhaps can you allow those who are sponsoring to come up with other suggestions?

i'll pony up 20 bucks

edit: where's the ANYTHING BUT GADOCADWI option?

Okla-homey
4/3/2006, 09:10 AM
are those the only options? or perhaps can you allow those who are sponsoring to come up with other suggestions?

i'll pony up 20 bucks

edit: where's the ANYTHING BUT GADOCADWI option?

sorry, not to be a meanie or anything but that's it. Those were the top ones from the original thread. We gotta cut-it off somewhere.

jk the sooner fan
4/3/2006, 09:14 AM
no problem....i sent my 20.50 (to cover jaux's paypal fees)......whatever you folks decide is fine

Okla-homey
4/3/2006, 09:15 AM
no problem....i sent my 20.50 (to cover jaux's paypal fees)......whatever you folks decide is fine

:les: you da man!

Czar Soonerov
4/3/2006, 09:16 AM
We gotta cut-it off somewhere.

Dude, you have more issues than Newsweek... (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65870)

IB4OU2
4/3/2006, 09:26 AM
Done!

OU4LIFE
4/3/2006, 09:35 AM
FPOMF....

hillbillies....for cripes sake, we don't even play Nebraska this year.....and I for one would rather have a name on it that WE came up with, not one that a Nebraska coach gave us.

Harry Beanbag
4/3/2006, 10:04 AM
I'll send the dough when I get home tonight.

sooner n houston
4/3/2006, 11:39 AM
i sent my 20.50 (to cover jaux's paypal fees)......whatever you folks decide is fine

I'm in!

olevetonahill
4/3/2006, 02:27 PM
Glad you mentioned that Ill add it also to .;)
Now how do I make that link work all I get is an email thingy , TIA

1stTimeCaller
4/3/2006, 02:31 PM
by counting the votes in the poll there should be $400 in jaux's paypal account. Any takers as to whether there is even $300 in there right now?

NormanPride
4/3/2006, 02:38 PM
I despise paypal, but I signed up for this. I have to wait until I get home to activate it, though. I'll pay then.

olevetonahill
4/3/2006, 02:42 PM
Poll / Contribution update:
21 votes minus 8 contributors (so far) = 13 slackers ;)
I aint slackin on purpose ;) Im just to dumb to make the link work , Help a brotha out . HOW IN HELL do I do it :confused:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/3/2006, 02:43 PM
I paid my money, freaks.

IB4OU2
4/3/2006, 02:45 PM
I paid my money, freaks.

I hope you win it........:D

olevetonahill
4/3/2006, 02:47 PM
I paid my money, freaks.
Tell me how Please .
I do the link and all I get is a message form ,
Someone , Anyone .

IB4OU2
4/3/2006, 02:49 PM
Tell me how Please .
I do the link and all I get is a message form ,
Someone , Anyone .

Copy the link, then go to your paypal account and send your payment to the pasted link. If you don't have an account you can open one.

1stTimeCaller
4/3/2006, 02:53 PM
If I win it I'm going to ship it off to my buddy, 8TimeChamps. As much as I would love and cherish it, that sorry bastard needs some good stuff to happen.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/3/2006, 02:59 PM
I hope you win it........:DThanks :)

sooner n houston
4/3/2006, 03:03 PM
If I don't win, I will know this whole thing was rigged!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

;) ;) ;)

slickdawg
4/3/2006, 03:05 PM
$21.00 and it better be F'IN HILLBILLIES! :D

olevetonahill
4/3/2006, 03:13 PM
Copy the link, then go to your paypal account and send your payment to the pasted link. If you don't have an account you can open one.
Thanks I goterdone
I sent a coupla extry to help with expenses

GottaHavePride
4/3/2006, 03:35 PM
In.

RacerX
4/3/2006, 04:19 PM
FPOMF....

hillbillies....for cripes sake, we don't even play Nebraska this year.....and I for one would rather have a name on it that WE came up with, not one that a Nebraska coach gave us.

DING! DING! DING!

RacerX
4/3/2006, 04:20 PM
Fire Chuck Long! is redundant.

The name of shotgun should've been Chuck Long! because it will get fired regularly.

C&CDean
4/3/2006, 04:25 PM
FPOMF....

You know, opinions are like *******s. Everybody has one, and in your case, it's stinky AND hairy. Opinion noted.

I'd be happy to contribute, however, I don't play that paypal ****. If somebody wants to paypal $40 in my name, I'll gladly write you a check or hand you a couple twenties.

C&CDean
4/3/2006, 04:30 PM
Oh, and sticky.

GottaHavePride
4/3/2006, 04:31 PM
ST4BBY!!!!1111!!11oneoneotwo

fadada1
4/3/2006, 04:49 PM
given that i'm a NEK alumni... i'm in.

i'll do my best to do the paypal thingy. i'm technically challenged. afterall, i'm only a simple hillbilly.

OUinFLA
4/3/2006, 04:58 PM
I'm in for $22
use the extra for a beer, screw the shipping/paypal costs.

proud gonzo
4/3/2006, 05:06 PM
I'm in for $25 and I officially want to change my vote to "FPOMF" instead of "F'in Hillbillies". OFFICIALLY!!!

yermom
4/3/2006, 05:27 PM
i think i'm with PG and Hairy

GottaHavePride
4/3/2006, 06:24 PM
I already voted FPOMF. Heck, I was the one that suggested Norm's little phrase in the first place.

Okla-homey
4/3/2006, 06:34 PM
Truth be told, unless Phil consents to SF.COM SO on one side, looks like its going to have F'IN HILLBILLIES to starboard and FPOMF to port. (Just based on the number of votes so far and the number of subscriptions left.)

Of course, it could still be thrown all out of whack if dishonorable people vote who don't pay. This is like Powerball, you gotta pay to play and you gotta be in it to win it.

Czar Soonerov
4/3/2006, 06:44 PM
You know, opinions are like *******s. Everybody has one, and in your case, it's stinky AND hairy. Opinion noted.

I'd be happy to contribute, however, I don't play that paypal ****. If somebody wants to paypal $40 in my name, I'll gladly write you a check or hand you a couple twenties.
Oh, and sticky.

Ohh, sticky twenties huh? :eek:

Mark me & the Mrs. down for a 25.

GottaHavePride
4/3/2006, 06:45 PM
One donation? Does that mean she doesn't get a vote, or you don't get a vote?

Czar Soonerov
4/3/2006, 06:48 PM
That's two donations for 12.50 a piece, skippy.

:les:math is hard

Okla-homey
4/3/2006, 06:53 PM
That's two donations for 12.50 a piece, skippy.

:les:math is hard

Awwwww. That's all romantic-like. I bet y'all share a foot-long at the Sonic too.:D

BoogercountySooner
4/3/2006, 08:58 PM
Booger is in for 20 and some change!! Booger Rules!!:D :D

BoogercountySooner
4/3/2006, 09:00 PM
Before I vote what does fpmof meen?

GottaHavePride
4/3/2006, 09:09 PM
Flying piece of monkey f***.

BoogercountySooner
4/3/2006, 09:10 PM
Flying piece of monkey f***.

Thanks!

olevetonahill
4/3/2006, 09:21 PM

Still want it done ? ill do it
Howard (olevet )

proud gonzo
4/3/2006, 09:23 PM
FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF! FPOMF!

olevetonahill
4/3/2006, 09:23 PM
I'm in for $22
use the extra for a beer, screw the shipping/paypal costs.
You clever devil ;) I never thot of that !:cool:

GottaHavePride
4/3/2006, 09:25 PM
Still want it done ? ill do it
Howard (olevet )

jaux said Dean was covered. Just so you know. I think it's back a page or so.

olevetonahill
4/3/2006, 09:30 PM
jaux said Dean was covered. Just so you know. I think it's back a page or so.
Saw that after I offered , It dont hurt to make sure , and suck up and stuff ;)

Harry Beanbag
4/3/2006, 09:50 PM
$21 is on its way...

proud gonzo
4/3/2006, 09:53 PM
of course, if the poll was public so we could see who voted which way, we'd know if people were cheating :D

Okla-homey
4/3/2006, 10:02 PM
of course, if the poll was public so we could see who voted which way, we'd know if people were cheating :D

That's okay, the Easter Bunny is taking notes I'm sure. People who cheat can just forget about getting any Cadbury Creme Eggs this year. They'll just get those discount store off-brand jelly beans...all black too.

C&CDean
4/3/2006, 10:04 PM
That's okay, the Easter Bunny is taking notes I'm sure. People who cheat can just forget about getting any Cadbury Creme Eggs this year. They'll just get those discount store off-brand jelly beans...all black too.

Why do you hate the brothers?

olevetonahill
4/3/2006, 10:08 PM
I voted F-in hillbilly
Course when I win the popgun Im gonna let it be at every tail gate the following year then Im gonna put it in suspended animation or somepun (airlock ) :D

GottaHavePride
4/3/2006, 11:36 PM

Hey, I like the black jellybeans.

soonerboomer93
4/3/2006, 11:45 PM
22.00 sent

olevetonahill
4/4/2006, 02:04 AM
Hey, I like the black jellybeans.
Yea but did ya see hes talking OFF brand ?Hook 'em :eek:
Closest I can come to a throw up smilie ;)

Okla-homey
4/4/2006, 05:20 AM
This just in from the SORNSSA Central Accounting Department.

As of 0500 this fine morning (04/04/06):

Total contributions so far:18 people contributing totalling $420 and change...$290 to go.:D

Perhaps interestingly 32 people had voted by 0500 this morning. If they all paid-up, we'd be at $640.00 with only $70 to go.:eek:

Thanks to the following contributors who have each donated at least 20.00 so far!
:les: Yay you guys!

olevetonahill
soonerbooner93
harry beanbag
boogercountysooner
ouinfla
gottahavepride
slickdog
sbsb
soonernhouston
pg
ou4life
ib4ou2
jk the sooner fan
colleyville sooner
1tc
cc dean:dean:

(and Jaux and me too):O

yermom
4/4/2006, 07:14 AM
add yermom to that list

OUHOMER
4/4/2006, 07:20 AM
I am in...... And i like the idea of SF.com SO on the other side.

OUinFLA
4/4/2006, 08:41 AM
Now as much as I'd like to own this shotgun, I'd want to mount it over my fireplace.
And If I mount it over my fireplace, I'd want something on the side showing that I wouldn't have trouble explaining to my Mom or to my Daughter's in-laws.
So, could we please have at least one side with something not so...........SO topic oriented?
I would be really greatful if one side said SoonerFans.com.
The other side can say **** off, dip **** , for all I care.

Phil
4/4/2006, 08:49 AM
SF.com onthe side - absolutely no problem. I am throwing in $100.00 from the board kitty.

OU4LIFE
4/4/2006, 08:51 AM
Excellent, now if we can just start a jihad against f'in hillbillies....

colleyvillesooner
4/4/2006, 09:05 AM
I agree with SoonerFans.com on one side.

Boarder
4/4/2006, 09:20 AM
I'm in. But frankly, I don't want anything with the "F" word or what Beyonce stands for. That leaves one option. Or two, as the case may be. I'm all for Soonerfans.com South Oval on one side. That'll be cool.

What about CARCK?

OUinFLA
4/4/2006, 09:22 AM
Ok, Im going to donate $20 in the name of one of you poor OU college students who really might not have the money to get in on this raffle.

PM me with your info, and Ill make a paypal donation in your name.

Note: This offer is for A POOR CURRENT OU STUDENT !

Don't any of you shiftless worthless welfare recipient lazy cheapa$$ non-students ask for help on this!
that means you Howard!

Oh, and don't one of you well-to-do Daddy's kids with a car and a gas card from home apply either.

Im trying to do something nice for someone who really can't afford it!

OUinFLA
4/4/2006, 09:24 AM
SF.com onthe side - absolutely no problem. I am throwing in $100.00 from the board kitty.

Remember:
Your sponsorship money works for you.

yermom
4/4/2006, 09:25 AM
I'm in. But frankly, I don't want anything with the "F" word or what Beyonce stands for. That leaves one option. Or two, as the case may be. I'm all for Soonerfans.com South Oval on one side. That'll be cool.

What about CARCK?

what's wrong with Flying Piece Of Monkey Fur?

Boarder
4/4/2006, 09:27 AM
what's wrong with Flying Piece Of Monkey Fur?
Ummm, yeah, I saw the original thread. :D

GottaHavePride
4/4/2006, 09:29 AM
What about "Free TopDawg!"

OU4LIFE
4/4/2006, 10:03 AM

What about CARCK?

PFFFFT, if it was up to you, you'd put spinners on the damn thing.

colleyvillesooner
4/4/2006, 10:19 AM
Okay I changed my mind.

Why not Soonerfans.com down one side and South Oval down the other. That should please everyone. Nothing offensive.

That or Crimson Balls on the other side ;)

Harry Beanbag
4/4/2006, 10:23 AM
Okay I changed my mind.

Why not Soonerfans.com down one side and South Oval down the other. That should please everyone. Nothing offensive.

That or Crimson Balls on the other side ;)

This is the South Oval, I guess people do have the right to not be offended, but nobody gives a ****. Maybe GADOCADWI should be the winner.

colleyvillesooner
4/4/2006, 10:26 AM
This is the South Oval, I guess people do have the right to not be offended, but nobody gives a ****. Maybe GADOCADWI should be the winner.

I agree. I change my vote to GADOCADWI. :D

olevetonahill
4/4/2006, 10:27 AM
Ok, Im going to donate $20 in the name of one of you poor OU college students who really might not have the money to get in on this raffle.

PM me with your info, and Ill make a paypal donation in your name.

Note: This offer is for A POOR CURRENT OU STUDENT !

Don't any of you shiftless worthless welfare recipient lazy cheapa$$ non-students ask for help on this!
that means you Howard!

Oh, and don't one of you well-to-do Daddy's kids with a car and a gas card from home apply either.

Im trying to do something nice for someone who really can't afford it!
Im takin another correspondence course and Im poor do I qualify ?
:D :cool:

TUSooner
4/4/2006, 10:34 AM
Done. But each of those shotgun names succs
:mad: :rolleyes:

Really, EACH AND EVERY ONE succs ... and not in a great way

TUSooner
4/4/2006, 10:38 AM
Okay, so I vote for:
"I hate making decisions, whatever you guys decide is fine with me."
But I don't see how we can fit all that on the shotgun.

Harry Beanbag
4/4/2006, 10:40 AM
Okay, so I vote for:
"I hate making decisions, whatever you guys decide is fine with me."
But I don't see how we can fit all that on the shotgun.

Easy: IHMDWYGDIFWM

OUinFLA
4/4/2006, 10:45 AM
Im takin another correspondence course and Im poor do I qualify ?
:D :cool:

No, sell some more rocks off your property.

olevetonahill
4/4/2006, 11:24 AM
No, sell some more rocks off your property.
well shat there goes 4 cedar trees and 6 ton of rock :eek:
But I did try ;)

Okla-homey
4/4/2006, 11:58 AM
Easy: IHMDWYGDIFWM

I like it!

proud gonzo
4/4/2006, 12:09 PM
how about "If you put GADOCADWI on the side of the shotgun, I want my money back!" Will that fit? :D

1stTimeCaller
4/4/2006, 12:11 PM
how about "If you put GADOCADWI on the side of the shotgun, I want my money back!" Will that fit? :D
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to proud gonzo again.

but then again, I have pledged to give it to 8XC if I win it so I don't really care.

proud gonzo
4/4/2006, 12:19 PM
I think FPOMF is the best option, but the reason I first voted for F'in Hillbillies is because I thought it'd be funny to see a RufNek carrying a gun with that on the side...

Okla-homey
4/4/2006, 12:28 PM
I think FPOMF is the best option, but the reason I first voted for F'in Hillbillies is because I thought it'd be funny to see a RufNek carrying a gun with that on the side...

everyone knows it stands for "flippin' hillbillies" what's the problem?

Scott D
4/4/2006, 12:34 PM

it'd be even more funny if it became a special shotgun to only be taken out by the Ruf-Neks whenever we play Nebraska as long as the waste of oxygen is their head coach.

yermom
4/4/2006, 12:36 PM
maybe somehow they will win the North and we'll play them in December

Frozen Sooner
4/4/2006, 01:08 PM
I'm in, but can I send a check instead? I hate PayPal and anything else associated with eBay.

sooneron
4/4/2006, 01:25 PM
WAYLT would be more appropriate for such a splendid noisemaker.

yermom
4/4/2006, 01:29 PM
I'm in, but can I send pennies instead? I hate PayPal and anything else associated with eBay.

you bastard

Jimminy Crimson
4/4/2006, 01:34 PM
I think ROCK THE FOCK would have been a find choice. :)

Frozen Sooner
4/4/2006, 01:55 PM
jaux, no matter how many times they tell you that, PayPal is NOT safe. I've seen too many people get hosed because they gave their bank information to supposedly "safe" PayPal, and then have PayPal's fraud investigation unit give them the finger to ever trust that organization.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/4/2006, 01:59 PM
I think ROCK THE FOCK would have been a find choice. :)You know, I'm surprised that wasn't considered before. That's a good choice.

Okla-homey
4/4/2006, 02:06 PM
Yermom bought his rear spoiler off eBay.

Just saying.

yermom
4/4/2006, 02:08 PM
heh, Froz knows better

i don't doubt the horror stories Froz is relaying, i've heard similar stuff and i wasn't intimately involved in banking stuff

but for the penny-ante crap i use paypal for, i'm not that worried

Frozen Sooner
4/4/2006, 02:33 PM
True story:

A woman came in to see me after speaking with eBay/PayPal. Apparently, her acccount had been compromised and someone had attempted several transactions against her PayPal account. PayPal then attempted to pull the money for these transactions by ACH out of her credit union account.

Now, by several, I mean "50 times in two hours."

PayPal refused to take any responsibility and expected me to just go ahead and waive any fees she received as a result of THEIR security breach. They also sent her an affidavit to sign and have notarized with no notarial certificate attached. I don't know about other states, but Alaska statute specifically states that you DO NOT notarize a document without a notarial certificate attached.

Now, normally, had we been talking about two fees, I'd have probably eaten them. Banks and Credit Unions DO incur costs when checks and ACH transactions are returned, though, and I really wasn't willing to just eat $1000 in fees just so that eBay wouldn't have to pay for their security breaches. I ended up doing it a couple of weeks later because I felt bad for the lady and eBay wasn't budging that they weren't going to pay her fees.

Hence, I do no business with eBay or PayPal. Ever.

Harry Beanbag
4/4/2006, 02:37 PM
I would never put my bank account info on Paypal.

Okla-homey
4/4/2006, 02:46 PM
I would never put my bank account info on Paypal.

I just do the credit card thingy with PayPal, no bank account info...I ain't skeered, but I just never bothered.

If I am defrauded via my plastic, it's a lot easier to fix, i.e. "Sorry AMEX, you have been had. Not my charges. Thank-you Mr. Homey, we'll adjust your account. Thank-you for being a cardmember."

Seriously, a few years back we had substantial charges appear on our statement from some surf shop in SoCal. I don't even surf. We called AMEX and they fixed it.

OUinFLA
4/4/2006, 02:57 PM
I opened up a bank account just to deal with paypal. I opened it with $100, sold and bought a lot of items through ebay.
I do my purchases with a CC as I long ago passed my $2000 transaction limit without being verified(which requires the bank account).
I keep my bank account in the $50 range and if ebay screws me out of it......then Ill live with it.
It helps to have a neighborhood banker who wont charge me any maintenance fees on my minimal account.

Jimminy Crimson
4/4/2006, 03:12 PM
http://img318.imageshack.us/img318/16/shotgun25yy.png (http://imageshack.us)

whatchu think?

Cam
4/4/2006, 03:28 PM
Add $25 to the total.

olevetonahill
4/4/2006, 09:46 PM
True story:

A woman came in to see me after speaking with eBay/PayPal. Apparently, her acccount had been compromised and someone had attempted several transactions against her PayPal account. PayPal then attempted to pull the money for these transactions by ACH out of her credit union account.

Now, by several, I mean "50 times in two hours."

PayPal refused to take any responsibility and expected me to just go ahead and waive any fees she received as a result of THEIR security breach. They also sent her an affidavit to sign and have notarized with no notarial certificate attached. I don't know about other states, but Alaska statute specifically states that you DO NOT notarize a document without a notarial certificate attached.
Now, normally, had we been talking about two fees, I'd have probably eaten them. Banks and Credit Unions DO incur costs when checks and ACH transactions are returned, though, and I really wasn't willing to just eat $1000 in fees just so that eBay wouldn't have to pay for their security breaches. I ended up doing it a couple of weeks later because I felt bad for the lady and eBay wasn't budging that they weren't going to pay her fees.

Hence, I do no business with eBay or PayPal. Ever.
Froz send me a paper check ill do the 20 or so for ya thru Paypal
Aint skeered :D

dolemitesooner
4/4/2006, 10:46 PM
money?

Okla-homey
4/5/2006, 05:13 AM
Here's the latest list of stalwart and stand-up participants in the SORNSSA and proud Sooner athletics supporters...

25 total contributors...we still need 80 bucks to pay this baby off. That's just four more d00ds or d00dettes.

contributor list (and potential owners of a very unique piece of Sooner tradition which will make them popular with the opposite sex and the envy of all their friends):

soonerboomer93
Harry Beanbag
BoogercountySooner
OUinFLA
GottaHavePride
olevetonahill
slickdog
Sooner Born Sooner Bred
sooner n houston
Proud Gonzo
OU4LIFE
IB4OU2
Okla-homey
jk the soonerfan
C&CDean
colleyvillesooner
1stTimeCaller
RacerX
Cam
TUSooner
SoonerBoarder
Phil
yermom
OUHOMER
jaux

Note:
One more thing, we now know its definitely going to say SoonerFans.com SO on one side. Since we have a delta between the number of actual contributors and people who have voted in the pole, we're probably going to derive the name for the other side slightly differently.

I propose deriving the name by people on the above list submitting their choice of name directly to moi via peem. The name most often submitted from among the list of contibutors will win. Simple as that. If I get a peem from someone not on the list, it will be ignored. Here's the question, IF that's the way we roll, anybody got a problem with that?

If everyone is cool with Plan B, hold off with the peems until you get the word that we have offishully got the bucks to retire Jaux's debt to the Ruf/neks, then you can get to peeming. After all the peems are in, I'll post the winning name as well as the top contenders FYI.

See, we want to be completely fair and stuff.

OU4LIFE
4/5/2006, 05:53 AM
But Homey, what if we are already popular with the opposite sex and the envy of all their friends? What will happen then?

Zen?

Okla-homey
4/5/2006, 05:56 AM
But Homey, what if we are already popular with the opposite sex and the envy of all their friends? What will happen then?

Zen?

On your deathbed, you will achieve total consciousness...which is nice.

RacerX
4/5/2006, 06:29 AM
This is so PBS.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/5/2006, 06:45 AM
Count me in for 20, but I am old fashioned and like to write on paper... Will you take my bank draft?

Jaux, PEEM me for details on address, etc...

Don't do paypal or ebay...

SoonerBorn68
4/5/2006, 08:31 AM
I'm in for $21...just finished the transaction. I wished I would have logged in earlier this week so I wouldn't have come across as one of those "he said he would, now where is he?" kinda guys.

Harry Beanbag
4/5/2006, 09:05 AM
I'm in for $21...just finished the transaction. I wished I would have logged in earlier this week so I wouldn't have come across as one of those "he said he would, now where is he?" kinda guys.

Too late.

;)

salth2o
4/5/2006, 10:39 AM
I just sent my $21.00!

Jimminy Crimson
4/5/2006, 11:36 AM
21 bones to one jaux sooner.

Yeah, boy!

1stTimeCaller
4/5/2006, 12:13 PM
Send NO more money.
Goal has been achieved.
Strippers and keg at my place.

shoulda known shennanigans were afoot when Homey was involved. But I like strippers and beer too so I'm not mad, I just need your address :D

Great jorb SO. I think we just bought a Ruf-Nek shotgun in less pages than it takes to organize a Dallas lunch!!!!

colleyvillesooner
4/5/2006, 01:13 PM
Is there anything we can't do?

OUinFLA
4/5/2006, 01:20 PM
Is there anything we can't do?

you mean besides:
getting sas laid more often?
getting Pat out of jail early?
teaching dOleo how to type?
control AG's avitars?
eleminate golf threads?
straighten out 1TC?
raising the minimum age for Stan's desires to 18?

anyone else want to take a stab at cvs's question?

Okla-homey
4/5/2006, 01:44 PM
$750+ recouped . 29 total contributors.

Now, each of you may peem me with your name nomination. Whatever you want, however, a name that involves an explicit profanity is prolly a wasted nomination. I'll keep track and announce the winner when the below folks have peemed....sooner, if it becomes obvious a runaway winner is brewing and I can call it based on the number of noms outstanding being insufficient to knock out the clear front runner. In any case, I've got to cut it off NLT 12 April so Jaux has time to get the names (SoonerFans.com SO & ?????) to the Neks.

Contributors final list
soonerboomer93
Harry Beanbag
BoogercountySooner
OUinFLA
GottaHavePride
olevetonahill
slickdog
Sooner Born Sooner Bred
sooner n houston
Proud Gonzo
OU4LIFE
IB4OU2
Okla-homey
jk the soonerfan
colleyvillesooner
1stTimeCaller
RacerX
Cam
Czar Soonerov
TUSooner
SoonerBoarder
Phil
C&CDean
yermom
OUHOMER
SoonerBorn68
salth2o
JimminyCrimson
jaux

colleyvillesooner
4/5/2006, 01:47 PM
you mean besides:
getting sas laid more often?
getting Pat out of jail early?
teaching dOleo how to type?
control AG's avitars?
eleminate golf threads?
straighten out 1TC?
raising the minimum age for Stan's desires to 18?

anyone else want to take a stab at cvs's question?

Yeah, besides all that. ;)

colleyvillesooner
4/5/2006, 01:54 PM
http://www.black-collegian.com/images/ph_farnswroth.jpg

NormanPride
4/5/2006, 02:16 PM
Argh! I never got my confirmation email from paypal! :mad: One more reason to hate it. GRRRRR.

TUSooner
4/5/2006, 04:02 PM
So.... what are some of the latest suggestions by the "money where their mouth is" crowd? I'm f-ing stumped :(

1stTimeCaller
4/5/2006, 04:06 PM
I voted for simply South Oval

TUSooner
4/5/2006, 04:15 PM
That's waaaaay unimaginative.
I like it. :)

colleyvillesooner
4/5/2006, 04:36 PM

See, that's what i wanted to vote for, but since "Soonerfans.com SO" is gonna be on one side, I thought that would be redundant.

Now, if it was only going to say Soonerfans.com on one side, South Oval would be the logical choice.

RE-DO!!!

OUinFLA
4/5/2006, 04:38 PM
See, that's what i wanted to vote for, but since "Soonerfans.com SO" is gonna be on one side, I thought that would be redundant.

Now, if it was only going to say Soonerfans.com on one side, South Oval would be the logical choice.

RE-DO!!!

count me in!
then all I'd be embarrassed to tell my Mom or my Daughter's in-laws about would be South Oval. I'd put that side against the wall.

TUSooner
4/5/2006, 04:42 PM
Yeah, exactly what Colley and OUinFla said. Sonnerfans.com on one side, South Oval on the other.

(Like I put in my 1st peem, Homey)

Okla-homey
4/5/2006, 04:43 PM

RE-DO!!!

If "South Oval" wins, we'll only put "SoonerFans.com" on the other side. gaw

TUSooner
4/5/2006, 04:45 PM
One other thing...
BE MORE CHEERFUL !!! :mad:

:D

colleyvillesooner
4/5/2006, 05:08 PM

Okay, then change my vote to South Oval. Do I need to send another PM to keep it straight?

This will be the last time I change my vote. Probably.

OUinFLA
4/5/2006, 05:28 PM
South Oval ballot stuffing in progress

1stTimeCaller
4/5/2006, 05:32 PM
that way the clowns on the BB and FB boards cannot lay claim. ;)

proud gonzo
4/5/2006, 05:33 PM
geez, you people are so unimaginative. don't you want a shotgun that will make everybody say "what the hell does THAT mean???"

VOTE "FPOMF"! :D

GottaHavePride
4/5/2006, 05:34 PM
Actually, I think "Attention to Detal" would be great. It's funny even without an explanation, and only a true South Ovarian would know where it comes from. :D

EDIT: You all should really just ask me what to do. I am clearly a genius. ;)

1stTimeCaller
4/5/2006, 05:36 PM
geez, you people are so unimaginative. don't you want a shotgun that will make everybody say "what the hell does THAT mean???"

pshaw!! FPOMF isn't even a word. I checked my Scrabble dictionary. I can't even pronounce it.

Mebbe click here for ringtones would have been nice...

proud gonzo
4/5/2006, 05:36 PM
Actually, I think "Attention to Detal" would be great. It's funny even without an explanation, and only a true South Ovarian would know where it comes from. :D
damn it, now I change MY vote! that's way better.

:mack:

Okla-homey
4/5/2006, 05:52 PM
Okay, then change my vote to South Oval. Do I need to send another PM to keep it straight?

This will be the last time I change my vote. Probably.

No, see, I can read and stuff.

GottaHavePride
4/5/2006, 05:59 PM
3-4 yrs ago CLICK SOME DAMN ADS would have won in a landslide.

That's not bad either, but I'm not changing my vote.

Although if we could get the entire Tibeman rant on there it would be sheer awesomeness.

Okla-homey
4/5/2006, 06:01 PM
NOTICE:

:les: YOU HOSERS ARE ONLY GETTING ONE VOTE CHANGE. AFTER THAT YOU ARE LOCKED-IN. SO, BEFORE MASHING "SUBMIT" THE FIRST TIME...THIMK!

Thanks for your support of Sooner athletics.

proud gonzo
4/5/2006, 06:02 PM
HAH! I'm not the only one who uses the verb "mash"

Okla-homey
4/5/2006, 06:07 PM
One other thing...
BE MORE CHEERFUL !!! :mad:

:D

Cheerful? Cheerful? Sometimes you people could make Mother Theresa cuss. ;)

GottaHavePride
4/5/2006, 06:10 PM
Apparently we can also make her thimk.

OUinFLA
4/5/2006, 07:00 PM
can I sell my one allowed vote change to someone else?
you know, for like spek points or somethin?
I only got about 8 million or so.

Cam
4/5/2006, 08:13 PM
How bout drawing the name of the winner of the gun now and letting them pick what they'd like on the other side?

Note:
One more thing, we now know its definitely going to say SoonerFans.com SO on one side. Since we have a delta between the number of actual contributors and people who have voted in the pole, we're probably going to derive the name for the other side slightly differently.

I propose deriving the name by people on the above list submitting their choice of name directly to moi via peem. The name most often submitted from among the list of contibutors will win. Simple as that. If I get a peem from someone not on the list, it will be ignored. Here's the question, IF that's the way we roll, anybody got a problem with that?

If everyone is cool with Plan B, hold off with the peems until you get the word that we have offishully got the bucks to retire Jaux's debt to the Ruf/neks, then you can get to peeming. After all the peems are in, I'll post the winning name as well as the top contenders FYI.

See, we want to be completely fair and stuff.

GottaHavePride
4/5/2006, 08:15 PM
But, then we wouldn't have anything to bitch about! And no reason to make Homey's life miserable for having a sweet original idea!

Okla-homey
4/5/2006, 08:31 PM
How bout drawing the name of the winner of the gun now and letting them pick what they'd like on the other side?

No.

colleyvillesooner
4/5/2006, 09:12 PM
meanie

RacerX
4/5/2006, 09:16 PM
Homey must need a centrum silver.

RacerX
4/5/2006, 09:19 PM
Oh, and I PM'd "Rock the Fock"

OUinFLA
4/5/2006, 09:23 PM
No.

regarding your current answer of "no", please remember:

YOU HOSERS ARE ONLY GETTING ONE VOTE CHANGE. AFTER THAT YOU ARE LOCKED-IN. SO, BEFORE MASHING "SUBMIT" THE FIRST TIME...THIMK!

so, you can change your mind...........but only once.

Okla-homey
4/5/2006, 09:55 PM
Homey must need a centrum silver.

Half the fun is waiting til the last home game to find out who wins. I'm just looking out for you people.

proud gonzo
4/5/2006, 09:56 PM
seriously. i want to own 1/29 of that thing while it's there, not fund 1/29 of somebody else's rufnek gun

Okla-homey
4/5/2006, 10:01 PM
seriously. i want to own 1/29 of that thing while it's there, not fund 1/29 of somebody else's rufnek gun

Indeed, its kind of a joint tenancy sort of ownership and you do have a 1/29 interest in it...until the last home game. Then, it becomes 100% the property of the winner.

proud gonzo
4/5/2006, 10:02 PM
i'll be happy knowing i know 1/29th of that godawful racket :D

Jimminy Crimson
4/5/2006, 10:57 PM
I'm torn between ROCK THE FOCK & SOUTH OVAL :confused:

When we gotta vote by, Homes?

proud gonzo
4/5/2006, 11:02 PM
I'm torn between ROCK THE FOCK & SOUTH OVAL :confused:

When we gotta vote by, Homes?
south oval's redundant though. go with rock the fock or attention to detal :D

GottaHavePride
4/5/2006, 11:06 PM
Yeah! Vote Libertarian!

Wait, what?

Jimminy Crimson
4/5/2006, 11:07 PM
south oval's redundant though. go with rock the fock or attention to detal :D

But if'n it wins, it wouldn't be. ;)

With the 'detal' thing, I don't want OU to make CollegeHumor.com for misspelling chit. RtF is still a good sf.com inside joke.

GottaHavePride
4/5/2006, 11:08 PM
But if'n it wins, it wouldn't be. ;)

With the 'detal' thing, I don't want OU to make CollegeHumor.com for misspelling chit. RtF is still a good sf.com inside joke.

Norman's already on there for that goofy traffic light at Main and University. It won't matter. ;)

Jimminy Crimson
4/5/2006, 11:25 PM
Norman's already on there for that goofy traffic light at Main and University. It won't matter. ;)

Haha I know, I don't want to be on it again!

TUSooner
4/6/2006, 07:12 AM

Well, since you asked, Grandma, it means "flying piece of monkey f__"

Grandma? Are you OK? Grandma, wake up!

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/6/2006, 08:22 AM
Norman's already on there for that goofy traffic light at Main and University. It won't matter. ;)I was looking at a house at that intersection yesterday. heh.

salth2o
4/6/2006, 09:10 AM
Indeed, its kind of a joint tenancy sort of ownership and you do have a 1/29 interest in it...until the last home game. Then, it becomes 100% the property of the winner.

Selfishly, I hope I win the drawing! My son is due to be born in mid May and the Ruf/Nek gun would look really good in his room.

Harry Beanbag
4/6/2006, 09:12 AM

Do you have to be present to win? Because I'm about 99.9% positive I won't be there. If not, are you hillbillies trustworthy?

Harry Beanbag
4/6/2006, 09:27 AM
That's what I figured. :mad:

Okla-homey
4/6/2006, 09:35 AM
Do you have to be present to win? Because I'm about 99.9% positive I won't be there. If not, are you hillbillies trustworthy?

You need not be present to win. There'll also be witnesses and stuff so there won't be any shennanigans.;)

OUinFLA
4/6/2006, 10:19 AM
Yeah, like payoffs and bribes can't effect South Ovians, Politicians, Construction Contractors and Defense Contractors.............salt o' the earth, all o' them.

:D j/k of course, I trust y'all more than Defense Contractors.

TUSooner
4/6/2006, 10:41 AM
You need not be present to win. There'll also be witnesses and stuff so there won't be any shennanigans.;)
Nor tomfoolery, I hope.

Boarder
4/6/2006, 10:42 AM
I voted Rock The Fock since it will be seen at football games. It like fits and stuff.

RacerX
4/6/2006, 11:01 AM
Need more t-shirts.

Boarder
4/6/2006, 11:05 AM
I still have some, actually.

RacerX
4/6/2006, 11:07 AM
XL?

colleyvillesooner
4/6/2006, 11:07 AM
where did "the Fock" originate?

RacerX
4/6/2006, 11:08 AM
Ben Stiller

Boarder
4/6/2006, 11:20 AM
XL?
Let me check

1stTimeCaller
4/6/2006, 11:21 AM
where did "the Fock" originate?

Gaylord Focker, Gaylord Family - OU Memorial Satdium

RacerX
4/6/2006, 11:26 AM
Fine, just spoon feed him.

1stTimeCaller
4/6/2006, 11:34 AM
Fine, just spoon feed him.

it's CVS, you gotta do that or he'll starve :D

RacerX
4/6/2006, 11:39 AM
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day,

Teach a man to fish, he'll buy a case of beer, call in sick and head to the lake.

soonerboomer93
4/6/2006, 01:03 PM

Teach a man to fish, he'll buy a case of beer, call in sick and head to the lake.

mmmmmm, beer

colleyvillesooner
4/6/2006, 01:07 PM
it's CVS, you gotta do that or he'll starve :D

Oh I got it, it's very clever.

1stTimeCaller
4/6/2006, 01:16 PM
Oh I got it, it's very clever.

clever like a single serving friend?

Jimminy Crimson
4/6/2006, 01:30 PM
I still have some, actually.

If you have a L or XL, I'd be in for that, too.

proud gonzo
4/6/2006, 02:55 PM
clever like a single serving friend?
how's that working out for you?

colleyvillesooner
4/6/2006, 03:07 PM
how's that working out for you?

What?

yermom
4/6/2006, 03:19 PM

i like the one about building a homeless man a fire better :D

GottaHavePride
4/6/2006, 05:17 PM
Build a man a fire and he's warm for a night, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life?

yermom
4/6/2006, 05:26 PM
yep

dolemitesooner
4/6/2006, 07:45 PM
I want one that says beoncye

dolemitesooner
4/6/2006, 07:48 PM
geayus

Okla-homey
4/7/2006, 12:15 PM
If the following peeps would peem me with their name choice, we could p1ss on the fire, call in the dogs and put this baby to bed.

JKSoonerfan
Sooner4life
Slickdawg
SoonerNhouston
Czar
Dean-o
Soonerborn68
Jiminy

Jimminy Crimson
4/7/2006, 12:31 PM
done

Boarder
4/7/2006, 12:33 PM
Dean actually pm'ed me and said to tell you he wants it to say "I Brake For Yorkies".

Jimminy Crimson
4/7/2006, 12:35 PM
Dean actually pm'ed me and said to tell you he wants it to say "Alotta Fagina".

:dean:

olevetonahill
4/8/2006, 01:03 PM
Dean actually pm'ed me and said to tell you he wants it to say "I Brake For Yorkies".
wish hed make up his mind he peemed me and ask me to vote , "I LOVE CATS " :eek:

Okla-homey
4/10/2006, 06:27 AM
Haven't yet submitted:

JKSoonerfan
Sooner4life
Slickdawg
SoonerNhouston
Czar
Dean-o
Soonerborn68

We're going to call it on Wednesday, 12 April at noon even if I haven't heard from you guys. The Neks gotta know very soon. Please submit your nom via a peem to me ASAP.

jk the sooner fan
4/10/2006, 06:32 AM
oh sorry, i hadnt been paying attention to this thread anymore

rock the fock.....i'll send it via pm as well

colleyvillesooner
4/10/2006, 10:07 AM
Should we PM jihad the ones who haven't voted yet?

GDC
4/10/2006, 10:13 AM
Click some damn ads!:mad:

Okla-homey
4/10/2006, 10:47 AM
Should we PM jihad the ones who haven't voted yet?

yes please.

proud gonzo
4/11/2006, 01:06 AM
what's winning?

Jimminy Crimson
4/11/2006, 01:16 AM
what's winning?

ROCK THE FOCK, duh! :texan: